Your gift requests

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Your gift requests

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 5:51 AM
I have a friend who is very generous and I would love to give her some gifts back but she only has 1 - 2 items on her list and they are rare for me...an egg and a mark.

I sent her the mark but I'm not going to send her one everyday until mine are gone. I don't have many and I know I'm going to need them. If I EVER get an egg it's going to myself. (sorry folks but eggs are too hard to come by and I only have a griffin egg and a pegasus I can't use at the moment)

My point is that I would love to gift to this person but I don't have anything that they want. I'm sure that they have enough of the easy stuff and figure they'll just ask for harder things but it makes me feel bad that I can't reciprocate.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Your gift requests

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 14 5:39 PM
One day they will need something that you can give. It may take a while but it will happen. I waited over a month to gift back to someone so hang in there.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 7:32 PM
Thanks for the encouragement

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 7:41 PM
Same thing happens to me....but I agree, one day you will be able to return the favor. So no worries!

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Your gift requests

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 11, 14 11:43 PM
Amerzone wrote:I have a friend who is very generous and I would love to give her some gifts back but she only has 1 - 2 items on her list and they are rare for me...an egg and a mark.

I sent her the mark but I'm not going to send her one everyday until mine are gone. I don't have many and I know I'm going to need them. If I EVER get an egg it's going to myself. (sorry folks but eggs are too hard to come by and I only have a griffin egg and a pegasus I can't use at the moment)

My point is that I would love to gift to this person but I don't have anything that they want. I'm sure that they have enough of the easy stuff and figure they'll just ask for harder things but it makes me feel bad that I can't reciprocate.

Hi, Note that people have these items on their wishlists for two other reasons.
1. For some people (not for me) having it on the wishlist means it appears on the Spin the Wheel o they can win it, and
2. A lot of people have two or more accounts and if you have an extra egg or rare mark on one account the only way to send it to another account is to have it on the wishlist.

I am sure that that the person isn't expecting you to end them a mark or egg, they probably have them there for one of the above reasons.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Mar 12, 14 12:32 PM
I agree that it's also worth remembering that people might put a rare item (such as an egg) on their list in the hope that the wheel may produce it, but supplement it with a request for an ordinary mark (I have over 200 of them) in order to allow a friend to gift a relatively common item without compromising their inventory. There is a reward for gifting people a certain amount of times and this helps their friends to achieve that. Personally, I receive an ordinary mark almost every time I do a hidden object scene.

The person may want to a) help a friend, and in the process, b) reach the next achievement and help them to do so too. I'm sure the person involved does not in any way, expect to be gifted the egg, but might be just wanting to help I'm sure there is no need to feel guilty about not being able to return the favour - it depends on the way an individual likes to play the game.

Hope this reassures you Amerzone

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 12, 14 1:58 PM
Thank you all for the words. I found that this particular person had 4 items listed this morning with things that I could send. Maybe she had been locked out too? I had 8 items from her when I opened up my locked game...I owe her big time. Wish I had an egg to send.

janemc99
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by janemc99 on Mar 12, 14 2:45 PM
thank you to who ever sent me the rare marks for the completion of the silly thing that opens the hole in the floor...again many thanks

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Your gift requests

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 12, 14 4:32 PM
salsaz wrote:
Amerzone wrote:I have a friend who is very generous and I would love to give her some gifts back but she only has 1 - 2 items on her list and they are rare for me...an egg and a mark.

Hi, Note that people have these items on their wishlists for two other reasons.
1. For some people (not for me) having it on the wishlist means it appears on the Spin the Wheel o they can win it, and
2. A lot of people have two or more accounts and if you have an extra egg or rare mark on one account the only way to send it to another account is to have it on the wishlist.

I am sure that that the person isn't expecting you to end them a mark or egg, they probably have them there for one of the above reasons.

Are you saying that the wheel considers our gift requests? Didn't quite get the first option you mentioned...?
As for 2 accounts, that makes sense but as of today I found that if 2 accounts are on the same computer they won't allow gifting anymore. They probably read here that people do that and decided to block this option. Did they do it by making a remark? Oh no. It says minus item then plus item, no gift card and one less gift to give to others for that day. Why are they being mean? Don't know but it wouldn't be the first game they act like this.
As for requesting others for eggs, I agree it's kind of too much and I wouldn't be giving any phoenix eggs away either. Like I got 10 of those? My chances of getting one are as anyone else's - it can be attained only by chance and as a matter of fact I do have one at the moment - I can either sell it for 5,000 coins (which is a lot of needed cash!) or wait till I save up 20,000 and craft my own phoenix. But gifting it? Sorry, I'll stick to hos items and pets food.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 12, 14 5:03 PM
As of this morning, I gifted to myself with no problem, and it's been working since the update. Either they've changed things in the last 12 hours or so, or this gifting problem is random and it just happened to hit when you were sending to yourself. It's been a problem since before the update, it may have gotten worse or maybe it's just getting to more people as more games are being played.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 5:17 PM
I had no problem today sending gifts between the three games on my computer.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 12, 14 5:40 PM
Yesterday I had no problem doing that, today I lost 3 gift cards and gifting opportunities for that matter. Even if it's different users on same computer it is same ip address no? Not very clever about these sort of things but am a bit afraid now to try again...

Awalkinglady, I have awalkinglady and awalkinglady2 in my friend's list and that's where I sent my gifts. Didn't know about the roxy and don't think we're friends in that name or are we? I'm Efi and now I'm also playing Efi24.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 12, 14 5:56 PM
awalkinglady wrote:I had no problem today sending gifts between the three games on my computer.

In the other thread you said yourself that the game will not allow you to send gifts to your other users... I could do it yesterday, I couldn't today. Lost some thank you cards for nothing and I understand it happened to you to?!?

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 7:27 PM
I had a problem receiving gifts from anyone just following the update. However, since I started receiving gifts again, I've had no trouble gifting between my games. Maybe I was unclear about something but I've never said the game wouldn't allow me to gift between my games....because it just isn't so.

As for thank you cards, yes, there have been times when I haven't gotten a card even though it reduced the number of gifts I could send. Not sure if that is what you are asking.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Aug 22, 14 2:45 PM
I keep wondering why some people only bother to have 1 or 2 items in their wish list.

Surely, there are AT LEAST four items you wouldn't mind getting.

BTW, in reading this thread, what do you mean about needing something on your wish list for it to show up on the wheel?

I got an egg from the wheel and never asked for it.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Aug 22, 14 3:09 PM
susie, several months ago players bandied about ideas on how to get items they needed to show up on the fortune wheel. Someone noticed if they put the things they wanted (like crafted items or eggs) on their wishlist, a day or two later that item would appear on the fortune wheel. It never worked for me. Since January, I've only seen 3 eggs on my wheel and extremely few crafted items.

But hope springs eternal.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Aug 22, 14 7:29 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote:susie, several months ago players bandied about ideas on how to get items they needed to show up on the fortune wheel. Someone noticed if they put the things they wanted (like crafted items or eggs) on their wishlist, a day or two later that item would appear on the fortune wheel. It never worked for me. Since January, I've only seen 3 eggs on my wheel and extremely few crafted items.

But hope springs eternal.

BTW, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the explanation and the welcome.

Still wishing ALL on my friend list would break down and post 4 items on their wish lists. (sigh)

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Aug 22, 14 10:13 PM
I've noticed that for the time around midnight my social page reacts badly to gifting. It says it's sending a gift and subtracts one from my inventory but the gift never goes, I don't get a thank you card and it will allow me to gift the same person again with the exact same results. I've started closing out my game at midnight and going back in again about 20 minutes later if I still want to play. My social page seems to behave better then.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Aug 23, 14 7:32 AM
llaurelwreath,
This came up several months ago, where those players who are way ahead of Big Fish time had problems, especially those in Europe. It seems that where you are in relation to Pacific Time at the end of the day can confuse the game into thinking it's tomorrow or yesterday but not today . It's safest not to gift between midnight your time and midnight Pacific Time, assuming you're ahead. Don't want to waste those precious items and thank yous, because it doesn't do anything but take them out of your inventory.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Aug 23, 14 9:41 PM
thanks Rosie! I appreciate the heads up.

Go to: