Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Jittery cursor and HOS countdowns

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 6:04 AM
Is it just me? My HO scenes at 23 items seem to countdown to 1 MUCH faster than before. In some scenes it's almost impossible, especially with the snaggy cursor, to click on the last item needed before it shoots down to 2.

I'm older and it's very hard for me to get all the items in the scenes but now it's almost impossible.

Seems even worse if you are in window mode.

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:Jittery cursor and HOS countdowns

[Post New]by Parell on Mar 11, 14 8:55 AM
Yes, the multiplier has definitely changed, making it harder to get 23x

And even when you do, scores seem to be much lower than before the update. I was never fixated on high scores, but while I was farming for money and eggs I used to try to beat my own score for each HOS, and post-update it's impossible to get anywhere near them, even with super-quick clearing of objects.

Doesn't really affect the game, but not sure why it's changed.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 11, 14 10:21 AM
Yes I find that this is alot different than it was before...and if you clear 3 or 4 items quickly..it seems to take longer for the new items in the list to appear...I mean come on once you are down to 6 items or less...all of them should be available to click on..but noooo

I have to admit that I did try to have high scores(was always trying to beat my best time), and I have not been able to come close to my previous scores after the update...even with the running chain of all 22 items(23 multiplier) collected with no breaks.

Just seems weird that this has changed so much...perhaps to try and slow down people so it will take longer to level up??? Not sure...

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 2:59 PM
The score doesn't matter to me, it's just trying to make all 23 that makes doing the same HOS fun for me. If I can never get the 23 then a lot of the fun is gone. Just me though, for others it may not matter.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 11, 14 3:02 PM
I found the same before I was kicked out of the game after the update. I'm not competitive against other people, just against myself, but now it's impossible!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 6:42 PM
I do find it very annoying that the list of items has slowed down considerably... meaning they used to appear on the list quickly once you cleared other items off the list. But now you can click and click on the remaining items but until they appear on the list, they aren't going anywhere. Does have a big impact on the score you can get. Finding my scores are waaaay lower than before the update! I think they are just desperate to slow people down!!

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Mar 16, 14 10:33 AM
Ok, it is good to know that it is not just me. I always try to better my own score in the HOS and was often able to before the update. Now, I cannot even come close to my old scores! C'mon!

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 16, 14 11:06 AM
This is driving me crazy...at least before there was an incentive to try and improve your score..a little friendly competition between friends wink wink...
I would be in 1st place when I finished...then the next time I played and didnt really try to go fast...I would find I was bumped out of 1st...so I couldnt wait for it to recharge so I could try again knowing I had to do better to get 1st back!!! I really didnt realize I was so competitive!!!
In one of my HOS my score was reset..I was way in the lead amongst my friends prior to the update...now I will never be able to get back in the top 5!!!
Please fix this..either clear everyones scores so we can all again be on level playing field or take it back to the way it was before!!! New players who friend players from before the update will never have that opportunity to achieve high scores!!!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 16, 14 1:12 PM
Has anyone else noticed that it seems harder to click on some of the items than before? I used to have no problem with things like scissors that I have to take several clicks to get now. The handcuffs were always bad but now I can take up to 6 tries before I get the right pixel for it to register. Ditto on the bracelet.

I've been watching the countdown speed and it looks like the timer is very slow for the 1st 6 items, then speeds up a bit for the next 6, faster again for 6, and then the final 4 are impossible unless they're right next to each other. A bit of strategy - if you can, click on the harder items early on in the HOS, for example the @$%#@ paintbrush. That way when you're tring to click faster you'll have the bigger items to get to. Also go for the ones that are further away from the others so you don't have as far to move your mouse for the rest of the items. I've managed to get a score of 293,000 after the update, but that's probably just the luck of how the items came up on the list.

Go to: