awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Looking Forward

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 1:19 PM
Clearly BFG made a mistake not informing players that there would be a 48 hour waiting period following the update. They had to know about this since they were able to give us an immediate response to complaints about the save message. Perhaps players would have been able to understand this with some forewarning and maybe there wouldn't have been so much anger expressed over the way this has been handled. The overwhelming majority of threads on the first two pages of this forum are related to the recent update.

I don't know about the rest of you players but I, for one, am soooo looking forward to the day when we can come in the forum and actually have a conversation about actual game play. Things like trading/naming eggs, negotiating difficult quests, strategies for the Wheel or the Gaming Table, the quirks we notice in the game, etc. Maybe by next week we'll be able to chat about things like that!

 

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 11, 14 1:42 PM
I agree, awalkinglady,

With so many problems for the devs making a smooth working game, I hold my breath for playing tomorrow after the 48-hour deadline. We are all supposed to play a great game and discuss about it, but we all fear the day we stumble upon new problems or will be locked out for some reason. And for now I'm holding my breath for the third update, somewhere in the nearby future.

 
Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 11, 14 1:46 PM
I couldnt agree more awalkinglady....this is just beyond ridiculous!! The longer it is that no one states they have gotten back in with the save error...the more I am inclined to think we will lose our original games...and I will be livid!!! Very poor business practice for people who have been loyal customers of BF for many many years!!!! Not to mention new business.

I love the social aspect of this game...but you are right..the forum is filled with problems and issues. I just want to play and enjoy what started out as a great game!!!

 
chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 11, 14 3:23 PM
With all the problems ...My biggest fear is that when the game does open all my hard earned progress will have been deleted...I worked on this game for over two months to stockpile inventory The day I was locked out I had just purchased diamonds..I was locked out with 5 pets 150 diamonds $50,000 and over 8000 flowers..Keeping my fingers crossed.

 
1BRE
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by 1BRE on Mar 11, 14 3:31 PM
i was able to go right back to the game after the 10th of mar. update and played again today only frustration is in how long this game seems to be.

 
ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 11, 14 3:36 PM
You are spot on Awalking Lady. It just doesn't make sense. They should have waited the additional days to put out the "fix" before releasing only to cause new problems (even for those of us who never experienced the other issues). I'm even amazed that Big Fish is promoting the update, even though they know there's an issue. Not sure what's going on around BFG lately, but it's not good.

 
Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 11, 14 3:37 PM
1BRE wrote:i was able to go right back to the game after the 10th of mar. update and played again today only frustration is in how long this game seems to be.


Were you locked out prior to the update??? What level were you on? If you dont mind me asking...did you have a friend code higher or lower than 75000...just trying to figure out if they are unlocking based on your entry into the game from the beginning...

Thanks
Bedazzle

PS..most of these Free to Play type games dont have a true ending...they are designed to play and play with updates and add ons from time to time.

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 3:40:57 PM PST


 
FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Looking Forward

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 11, 14 3:42 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:You are spot on Awalking Lady. It just doesn't make sense. They should have waited the additional days to put out the "fix" before releasing only to cause new problems (even for those of us who never experienced the other issues). I'm even amazed that Big Fish is promoting the update, even though they know there's an issue. Not sure what's going on around BFG lately, but it's not good.


I agree with you all. We see the prompted update and yet many who had no problem before are one locked out. VERY bad business practice and I've totally lost my faith in BFG. SO sad as I have spent a fortune on here.

 

Looking Forward

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 11, 14 4:59 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Clearly BFG made a mistake not informing players that there would be a 48 hour waiting period following the update. They had to know about this since they were able to give us an immediate response to complaints about the save message. Perhaps players would have been able to understand this with some forewarning and maybe there wouldn't have been so much anger expressed over the way this has been handled. The overwhelming majority of threads on the first two pages of this forum are related to the recent update.

I don't know about the rest of you players but I, for one, am soooo looking forward to the day when we can come in the forum and actually have a conversation about actual game play. Things like trading/naming eggs, negotiating difficult quests, strategies for the Wheel or the Gaming Table, the quirks we notice in the game, etc. Maybe by next week we'll be able to chat about things like that!


I can only imagine the frustration of those who have been locked out of this game. Fortunately for me I was far enough behind to benefit from the advice of the trailblazers to stay away from Level 17 or 18.

Having said that, since the new update, there are a couple of little quirks with the game. The countdown time in the HOS is significantly faster, so you can't get anywhere near your original high score. At least, I haven't been able to. And the cursor seems to stick a little (or some have described it as "jerky") which also presents a higher score. In addition, all of my experience points are gone. BF says the developer is working on that issue too, but why would that even happen?

As I've said in another post, why were the changes in the timing, the changes in the names of items, the changes in the items carried by the airship, the addition of avatars and pets necessary? All anybody wanted was additional levels to play. Why was time spent to make all these other changes. I definitely don't have the same level of interest I once did.

 
 
 
 
Go to: