Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Receiving pet food

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 3:58 PM
Ever since I received all the items needed to send off the airship I have started getting pet food from HOS scenes. I did not send off my airship and decided to see what would happen. Seems that we start getting pet food again when the airship request is filled but not sent off.

Can others check that out or keep an eye out for it while playing?

Re:Receiving pet food

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 11, 14 4:35 PM
Darn Amerzone,
Just send my airship off before reading....will try your suggestion asap.

kvtto
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by kvtto on Mar 11, 14 5:08 PM
I'm on level 17 with 16 HOS. (I only unlocked the airship on my first game)
I packed the airship and did not send it.
My bonus gifts:
7 marks...1 ordinary, 1 green, 5 blue
3 pet food...1 Peg, 1 dog, 1 rabbit

I'll do the HOS several more times and let you know what I get. Then I'll send the ship and let you know what I get.
10 bonus gifts is a bit high...I usually get 6-8. I didn't pay any attention to what they were but some were pet food.
Kirby

Edit to add HOS#2 results
4 marks...3 ordinary, 1 green
4 pet food...1 Cat, 1 Dragon, 1 Griffon, 1 Tiger (which I incorrectly listed as a rabbit in the first HOS--I remembered it hopped and thought rabbit and not tiger)

Edit to add final HOS with packed and docked airship
5 marks...3 ordinary, 2 blue
5 pet food...1 Griffin, 2 Manticore, 2 dog

2 of the HOS had 50% pet food as bonus gifts.
I'll send the airship tomorrow and do 3 HOS so the results can be compared.

Edit to add that I was too curious to wait. So I sent the airship and did the HOS 3 times.
7 marks...4 ordinary, 1 unique, 1 green, 1 blue
4 pet food...2 Manticore, 2 dog

3 gift boxes
4 marks...3 ordinary, 1 blue
1 pet food...Manticore

6 marks...5 ordinary, 1 blue
1 pet food...Griffin

So there was less pet food given as bonus gifts.

Amerzone
My pets and I thank you...especial Scooby since I got enough food to feed him.

I don't know that 6 HOS is enough to determine a pattern, but I'll be doing the HOS with the airship packed and docked.
I'm curious to know if others have similar results.

Kirby

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 11:22:12 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 11, 14 5:17 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones again. I got 3 new pet foods in one round of HOS at level 18. (There may have been more for one of the old pets, but since I've got food stockpiled I didn't notice.) Sorry, everybody.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 14 5:25 PM
I have been receiving pet food in the HOS. I have not sent off an airship since the update & only once before that way back in January.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 11, 14 7:36 PM
Yep, I don't know yet if the pet food is random. My ship is gone without me sending it and without anything packed and I started getting airship items again.

Now I'll watch to see if I get more pet food when the airship is docked and less when it goes.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 11, 14 7:39 PM
Interesting theory....I'll check it out as well.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 11, 14 10:04 PM
I, too, sent my airship before reading the forum. What I do know is that prior to the update, between friends sending pet food, and what I gained from HOS I usually could send two pets off each day. Today I have not received enough from the HOS to send even one, since most of the food that I did receive from the HOS was for pigs, tigers, and other pets that I do not have. I am very unhappy about this situation, but am hoping that you are all correct and leaving a filled airship sitting at the dock allows for more pet food, perhaps for the correct pets.

I do like being able to do the Airships, but I do not like that when you click on the 'find' button on items you need more of to finish the shipment, it sends you to an HOS that may or may not have the item you need. I am also very disgusted over some of the reports coming in that indicate that quests no longer ensure that you will receive the objects that are needed to complete them. I don't know about anyone else, but for me there is a fine line between challenging and frustrating...and this game, if what is being said proves to be a new way for them to try to force us to buy items, and not a glitch, is leaning heavily toward the 'too frustrating' side. It is ridiculous that they have Find and the objects in the HOS, but it doesn't cause you to "find" the correct object. Why bother to have the Find buttons at all, if they don't work?

I've been enjoying this game, for the most part, but today has been a prime example of the "beyond the point of a challenge and into the frustration area". I play to enjoy myself, and if I end up angry and frustrated, then it is no longer an enjoyable thing to do. While I think they made an improvement with the airship, they have only angered and frustrated most of us in one way or another, be it from the lock-out, (which I believe was deliberately written into the program by the programmers), or the lack of pet food and the ridiculous prices of things, or to the fact that as far as I can tell they took No suggestions that those playing the game made and in fact, I would say that they actually went counter to some of the suggestions and simply ignored the rest... And making the game so that there is less pet food doesn't even make sense, since there is no way they can gain financially from it. It isn't like there is an option to buy pet food...at least, not that I am aware of, anyway. If there is please tell me.

Out of space,

Pagan

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 11, 14 10:27 PM
The only way my pets have been fed has been through the generosity of gifters. I seldom received enough from the game itself to feed them. I do like the new airship, though, as I have been able to collect the items needed without any difficulty. I did notice that "find" doesn't always do so, but there are so many other things going on that it hasn't yet frustrated me. The new quests do require more crafting, and sure ate up my inventory rather quickly. But, I am enjoying being able to quest again, and I am sure my wish list is going to change more often now, lol.

I can see that many of us are in the same place, and need the same things, yet some are still able to share needed items, and that helps to decrease the frustration, especially when you need three of the same thing to complete a quest So, while waiting, I appreciate being able to feed the pets. Can't wait to get the dog...was tickled to see that one, but have a feeling those eggs are going to be quite rare.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 11, 14 11:27 PM
So far I have been getting what I need from the HOS using the find. I am trying to work on one quest at a time & this seems to works but it does slow the game down quite a bit.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 11, 14 11:34 PM
I have sent the airship off three times because I had all the things in my inventory so it didn't sit there whilst I played the game, either questing of completing HOS. All I got was pigfood and a mark each time; so I will be letting it sit there in future!

Thank goodness you noticed this Amerzone; that information from kvtto was amazing!

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on Mar 12, 14 2:33 AM
My ship returned. I packed it and left it sitting at the dock. I then played the HOS and received zero pet food. None. Not only that, but I am continuing to receive articles for the docked ship, whether I need them or not. This seems like a very strange acting game when you consider it. Different people have completely different experiences with it. Take the eggs on the wheel. Some people see them frequently, whereas others of us have seen few or none. I have had eggs exactly twice. The first time, I got the little dragon. The second time, I gave up after using up most of my coins. I've tried the egg only wish listing before the free spin of the day. It appeared to work the first time...after that, nada. Some people get few or no diamonds for flowers. During the day today I got three and one yesterday evening. For me, it seems to be paying more consistently than it was, although there have been a few times it didn't pay...still it is fewer than it was. I tried the star at the top of the wheel with the desired object at 8 o'clock. It worked a few times, but other than that it was totally random as far as I could tell when it came to where it stopped. So how can it act so differently for different people? I know nothing about programming, so find this hard to figure out. Is there something random written into the game that makes it that much different for each user? If so, would that very randomness make any glitches harder to find and resolve?

I don't have the answers and since it is 2:30 a.m. here, I don't think I'm thinking clearly, either. Was up all night last night as well, so I think that I will hit the bed. I can hear it calling me, and if I don't find it soon, I will probably just fall asleep on my computer...not comfortable.

Good-night All,

Pagan

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 2:36:31 AM PST

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 12, 14 4:22 AM
Pagan,

This game is exhausting, for sure. Maybe you can ask Ken the Doctor for an antidote. And if that doesn't help, there might be a Betty Ford among the players.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 12, 14 5:42 AM
I never packed my ship. I left it sitting at dock without any goods in it and got pet food.

It's too early to tell if there is a pattern or not. It could have just been my game being generous as they all are random.

Last night I sent my airship away, packed with items...my first time. Today I'll see if it changes the amount of pet food I get.

At least the airship is easy to fill. That adds a little fun to the gameplay.

I agree about the fine line between challenging and frustrating. A frustrating game gets old VERY quickly. I lose interest.

Go to: