JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Have they fixed anything in the last three months?

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 11, 14 9:25 PM
I quit in January after the Christmas debacle. I waited for the update and returned in February only to have to sit though deleting seven HUNDRED messages about items in "My Watchlist" being auctioned. I have no items in my Watchlist and haven't had any since October.

Try again this morning and have another five hundred (and counting). Seriously, am I missing something somewhere or is this just some impossible feat for the programmers to fix?

I still don't have my Quests and Cities achievements, despite having maxed out everything else. On top of that it's still friggin' snowing in the game when it's 85 degrees outside.

Has anything been fixed since late December? I am completely aware this has become a dysfunctional relationship for me: I really loved the game so I keep coming back to see if it's working yet and it keeps not working. The last update I have is from Feb. I don't see any newer ones. Can someone please tell me if I'm missing one? I am using v. 1.252

Thanks.

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 9:29:26 PM PST

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Re:Have they fixed anything in the last three months?

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Mar 11, 14 9:56 PM
Nope, you have the latest version that is complete with:

Locked modes after making Master in some cities
Strange code wording for items in the bank
Showing 1 item left in the library and the game keeps that a secret - ha ha - is that where it gets its name?
Collectible half-awarded in the mini-game, you get to see it and smell it, but you don't get to touch it
Zillions of tries for higher level items
A nice little list of items not available anywhere unless you love spending your gold bars
Snow everywhere
All-seasonal decorations worse than a small town senior's lodge
Not enough pets or pet accessories to complete achievements
One sorry little quest every day at midnight.... or noon...

And all of these problems have the same solution: TIME FOR AN BUG FIXIN NEW CONTENT GLITCH ERASIN UPDATE

Happy Gaming!

Edited on 03/11/2014 at 10:04:37 PM PST

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 11, 14 11:06 PM
They posted on their Facebook page today that we will get a new update sometime this week, so hopefully it will fix some of the bugs.
There are still some problems but I dont think its as bad as it used to be. Im enjoying the game much more now. I also think that some people have glitches that others dont have, so maybe it has something to do with a player's operating system or computer.
The only problems Im having now is the disappearing rewards in Photos, Toys, China, and Fishery, and because Im leveled out, the experience I earn is wasted. There are no more levels, so no need for exp.
They say they have fixed a lot of things for next update. They are supposed to add some more levels and new buildings too. Im keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be working this time around.

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 11, 14 11:26 PM
april3850 wrote:They posted on their Facebook page today that we will get a new update sometime this week, so hopefully it will fix some of the bugs.
There are still some problems but I dont think its as bad as it used to be. Im enjoying the game much more now. I also think that some people have glitches that others dont have, so maybe it has something to do with a player's operating system or computer.
The only problems Im having now is the disappearing rewards in Photos, Toys, China, and Fishery, and because Im leveled out, the experience I earn is wasted. There are no more levels, so no need for exp.
They say they have fixed a lot of things for next update. They are supposed to add some more levels and new buildings too. Im keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be working this time around.

where did you see that April. I just checked their facebook page and the last post they made was 5th March and doesn't mention an update.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Have they fixed anything in the last three months?

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 12, 14 3:28 AM
JB4510 wrote:I quit in January after the Christmas debacle. I waited for the update and returned in February only to have to sit though deleting seven HUNDRED messages about items in "My Watchlist" being auctioned. I have no items in my Watchlist and haven't had any since October.

Try again this morning and have another five hundred (and counting). Seriously, am I missing something somewhere or is this just some impossible feat for the programmers to fix?

This sounds like a personal glitch that you need to report directly to customer services to see if they can fix it for you. I don't think it is a general problem. I think some others had it early on but managed to get it fixed.

I hope that we don't ever reach a final achievement for quests and cities, as that would mean the end of the game! I hope that the targets will keep going up as we gradually reach them. It is a pity that some of the achievements have been completed so that we can't go higher on those. But there is lots more to come......

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 4:16 AM
I have the same problem with watchlist messages. I have long ago removed everything from my wishlist yet I get multiple messages every day about items that are being auctioned that I supposedly have in my wishlist. So I recheck my wishlist to find nothing there. The only way I've found to correct this is to remove the person from my friend list. So, no, wulfruna, it is definitely NOT a personal glitch in either my computer or JB4510's computer system.....it is a problem with the game itself!!!!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 12, 14 7:27 AM
OK - it's just that nobody had mentioned this for ages as an ongoing problem and it is another of those things that doesn't seem to affect everybody. Have you reported it to them yourself awalkinglady? I guess so, as I know that you do usually tell them directly about things like this. If so, then I agree it should be fixed by now!
I know that I seem to be always defending them (I sympathise with how complex these huge programs must be to get perfect every time) and think that we need to give them time to solve things but not if it is an old problem that has been reported long ago!

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 7:28:14 AM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 12, 14 10:48 AM
Yes, I did in fact report it to them and got a very wishy-washy kind of response from them. And yes, wulfruna, you do seem to come to the defense of the developers quite frequently in your posts. I've actually come to the conclusion that you must be on their payroll.....lol !!!!

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Mar 12, 14 12:22 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Yes, I did in fact report it to them and got a very wishy-washy kind of response from them. And yes, wulfruna, you do seem to come to the defense of the developers quite frequently in your posts. I've actually come to the conclusion that you must be on their payroll.....lol !!!!

Have you tried my suggestions on the Technical Issues forum ?

I think Wulfruna gets 3 gold bars for every time she comes to the defense of the developers

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 12, 14 12:45 PM
No such luck........
They don't even make any money out of me !!!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 13, 14 3:34 AM
I've just tried Dirk_Tee's suggestion in the Technical thread, which was to add the offending item(s) back to the watchlist (in my case, the silver fork) as well as one rare item that ppl do not often auction. I've exited the game, re-opened and removed the silver fork from the list. Then closed again. I will report back tomorrow as to if I am still inundated with msgs regarding the silver fork.

As for the decorations, I know it is a petty complaint, but it is seriously driving me insane. I can't stand looking at the towns through blowing snow and that god-awful humongous Christmas tree in the center is just not right in mid March.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 13, 14 4:53 AM
Tried Dirk Tee's suggestions....sad to say that, in my case, it did not work and the pointless messages continue!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 13, 14 9:22 AM
JB4510 wrote: that god-awful humongous Christmas tree in the center is just not right in mid March.

Where do you have this? If it is the fountain position in Breezy Bay, I just bought another fountain and installed it there. Or do you have another Christmas tree?

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Mar 13, 14 3:18 PM
I added a bunch of Thanksgiving items and old Valentine's items to my watchlist, then replaced them with some Christmas items. It seems to have washed away the junk I kept getting notified about, cuz I haven't had a message since.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 13, 14 3:19 PM
Charlstone's fire department is very much fixed! YAYY!!

Go to: