Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 12, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for you to post any tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 8:46:48 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Others here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 12, 14 2:19 AM
My cursor lag with this game was the worst I've ever seen.

Is it the sort of technical problem that can be fixed, by my or by the developer?

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 2:20:03 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 12, 14 2:37 AM
mine wouldnt install, says installation failed deleted and tried twice, just not happening !!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 12, 14 2:44 AM
thought i`d go in and just try to buy as it said trial expired , wouldnt let me use coupon code but let me buy cash lets just hope it loads !!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 12, 14 2:48 AM
ha ha well seems that worked, guess for today i have to buy before i try

eta; well it did work up untill i tried to use the scalpel to get the all important thing that my boss left stops working after that , oh well silly me for buying !!

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 3:04:33 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 12, 14 3:19 AM
Time to hit the SOS button and get onto customer support! Never know, they may have some idea of what's going on for both of us!

Well, we can always dream...

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 12, 14 3:47 AM
yeah i guess so just takes so long and its always the same answer, one can hope !

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 12, 14 3:50 AM
I'm with you Crispypot, my installation failed also, error code 766, really wanted to try this one.. ...hmmm, never had this happen before .

Hopefully BF will figure it out, and get a fix !!

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Mar 12, 14 4:30 AM
I hope so too quarlesqueen i was daft enough to buy the game, didnt get error code, just said trial expired usually delete reinstall works for that but not this time it let me buy fine and actually start the game, but the intro was just a black screen and the nail file dissapears when i try to use it, can only get out of game with task manager , geez i`m fed up trying now , even new profile didn`t work

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by LKlimo on Mar 12, 14 4:50 AM
The cursor lag is terrible! It takes more time waiting for the cursor to start working than playing the game! Until this is fixed, it's a "no buy" for me!

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Mar 12, 14 5:18 AM
Having the same problem as alot of other people. Error when downloading and said that the trial had expired as if you already played.

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Mar 12, 14 6:05 AM
Installation failed......trial is over

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Mar 12, 14 6:44 AM
I also cannot install---Error Code 766. Tried all the usual recommended solutions, but still doesn't work.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Mar 12, 14 7:58 AM
Not sure if this is a tech issue or a weird part of the game but, after the first couple, in the hos, I'm unable to get the items in yellow - these are usually interactive but not here - couldn't find them so used a hint and the item changed to something I could see - as there are 3 of these items, it's a bit irritating to have to wait for hint button to charge so I can change item OR have I missed/done something wrong??
No problems with curser or anything else tho'.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 12, 14 8:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Great job starting the tech thread pondprowler, and I see there are some tech issues, we will address them shortly.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Mar 12, 14 9:03 AM
Hi addictedtofish

I think that quirk is part of the "Novel inventory system [which] enriches gameplay", guess we should have played the tutorial.

The impression I got was that the yellow items, you could click on them till there came a word that you could find.

That's my best guess.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 12, 14 9:12 AM
Hi there Everyone,

I see that some of you are having download and 766 errors

With these kinds of errors, sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling the game will help clear this up. I also have a great help article to troubleshoot this. You can get to it by clicking the blue link below:

Error 766

If you are still having problems, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report ,and one of our Reps will be happy to give you specialized care.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited to fix link

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 10:32:37 AM PST

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Mar 12, 14 9:22 AM
I'm having the cursor lagging problem. I would have bought it. I liked the style.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Mar 12, 14 9:36 AM
~ Original msg text for reporting non-working link above deleted, as it was fixed. ~

Thanks for the fast reaction, bfgWendwater!
(btw, funny solution suggestion, to check time/date settings, LOL)

+ while I'm in this thread:
Windows7 Professional/64 bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, tower PC,
no problems with game installation, cursor nor widescreen. <knock on wood>

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 12:14:57 PM PST

budden
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by budden on Mar 12, 14 9:56 AM
It's a no buy for me for sure. The lagging of the cursor is unbearable. The hidden object scenes are nuts. What's with the object you're looking for changing to another object when you hit the hint button. I'm not going to fix my computer when every( well almost every) game plays fine.

Go to: