eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

Oh, what the heck...a slightly different Fairy Tale

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Mar 20, 09 9:25 PM
About one of my favorite gripes...

Once upon a time, a developer created a beautiful game, with delightful graphics, soothing music, and a darling story line. It played very well, with smooth motions and a clever puzzle system.

A beautiful (though aged) princess decided to try this game, and found it to be a wonderful, relaxing experience...for about 5 minutes.

What did she see appearing on the screen before her, to torment her with the stress she normally saw only in the three-dimensional world? Yes, it was an evil timer-demon! It swept in, uninvited, to totally destroy the joyful experience of the princess with its wicked sweeping arm and increasingly distressing colors. The princess searched in vain for a way to disable this evil creature but...

Alas! The developer had failed to include an option for killing the evil beast. The princess wept, knowing that her dream of playing this lovely game was over.

The developer received none of the gold the princess would have paid for such a game, if only there had been a way to kill the demon.

And the timer demon lived happily ever after.

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

Re:Oh, what the heck...a slightly different Fairy Tale

[Post New]by looloo123 on Mar 20, 09 9:29 PM
LOL eleanor may this is how the developer will understand ~

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 20, 09 9:30 PM
LOL Eleanor! I agree! with timers!

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Mar 20, 09 9:34 PM
eleanor
havent seen much of you
but been meaning to tell you yes i saw you that way too (Katheryn Hepburn) LOL

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Mar 20, 09 9:44 PM
Glad you see me that way, too, looloo. It really does suit the "real" me.

I've been up to my gills in 3D. I should be sleeping right now, but am decompressing instead. Lots of intense work to do tomorrow, on a tight schedule, with stuff that absolutely has to be sent out by tomorrow afternoon.

The demon timer was the last thing this aged princess needed...

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on Mar 21, 09 7:11 AM
Excellent story Eleanor.............LOL

*gives kitty a nice bowl of cream and some catnip to help get her through tomorrow*

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Mar 21, 09 7:18 AM
Great Story Eleanor!

char1132
Manatee
Manatee
4,059 Posts

[Post New]by char1132 on Mar 21, 09 7:20 AM

comicseller
Flounder
Flounder
2,254 Posts

[Post New]by comicseller on Mar 21, 09 7:44 AM
Hi Elanor!! Great Thread If Only Picman and could make a thousand copies of your post and send it to the developers, then maybe they would finally
"GET IT".

bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBering on Mar 21, 09 10:06 AM
Hi fishies!

I'm going to go ahead and move this the forums for A Fairy Tale, to keep things sorted in the pond.

Happy gaming !

OhFishy
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by OhFishy on Jun 28, 09 1:13 PM
Eleanor it was funny when you said "A beautiful (though aged) princess decided to try this game, and found it to be a wonderful, relaxing experience...for about 5 minutes. " Lol I found this game to be the same way, if that example is what you are referring to

Lainie221
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lainie221 on Oct 15, 11 10:03 PM
I tried the one-hour trial of this game and really wanted to like it; I’m a big fan of M3 and puzzle games. The visuals are gorgeous, the music is melodious: I was looking forward to a low-stress romp through the enchanted woodlands. The reviews for the game led me to believe that it would be relaxing, but I found it to be far from relaxing.

I felt very tense clicking around for matches, trying to get that pick and gem before one of them slid off the grid (but failed to do so many times because they appeared several seconds apart so that when the pick appeared, the gem wouldn’t until the pick was nearly off the grid, or the pick wouldn’t appear until the gem slid off) watching for the power-ups to be lit at the same time, etc. I finished levels quickly and racked up the points, but I didn’t much enjoy the experience. I quit at the “Village Hero” rank with 472,230 points and 18 minutes remaining in the trial. And all this rush was even before the timer would be introduced. . .

Go to: