girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Strategy!

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 12, 14 9:10 PM
OK, by now, most of us have figured out that--if you want to play with free money--you don't spend your gold coins on rush deliveries, and you don't buy 3-star (gold coin) items until you have a task that requires them.

I've discovered the best way to amplify your ability to choose what you really want, and not have to replace it over and over again because of task assignments is to do the very minimum that a task requires, and not worry about how it looks until you are done. By that time, you will have enough money to replace things, and make them the way you really want them to be.

For example, no matter how much you want that fancy wallpaper, don't put any wallpaper up until you are required to, and then only paper one wall with the cheapest wallpaper you can get. ($500, 1-star) Later, you can go back and parer all the walls the way you want.

Conserve dollars and coins in the beginning, and don't sell anything or put anything in storage. If oyu have to upgrade, again, take the lease expensive upgrade, unless you can afford to get the one you want--and keep the old item. You can sell it or put it into storage later, but meanwhile, it will add to your house value.

If you need unspecified decor for a task, get a green plant. They're cheap,and get delivered right away.

Once you have met all the task requirements, go to town! Sprinkle lots of toys in the kids' rooms--or elsewhere--to boost home value. Hang pictures on every wall. Use mirrors as decoration. Have a TV in every room. Put windows and doors wherever you can (on outer, non-collapsiing walls). Add fireplaces to the bedroom, dining room, office--even the master bath! And lots and lots of plants! Just watering them will keep your funds climbing.

Be creative. For example, he master bathroom is huge, and can accommodate extra items, such as cabinets and counters, or a vanity table and stool, as well as extra lighting and...plants! The more you out in, the greater your house value.This will help you buy more houses, too!

Has anyone else got any more ideas?

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re:Strategy!

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 13, 14 10:26 AM
Add fireplaces to the bedroom, dining room, office--even the master bath!

I never thought of putting a fireplace in the master bath. It's a shame we can't put stuff on the wall over the fireplace, or plants on the mantel.

I did put a dart board next to the main door. That would be a good way to deal with pesky salesmen, if this were a normal kind of situation.

girlgotgame
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

Re:Strategy!

[Post New]by girlgotgame on Mar 14, 14 9:14 PM
i was also frustrated that certain pieces of furniture that in real life could hold objects-such as a lamp on the top of the upright piano--would not take objects or, in the case of tables, would only take one item.

In the first house ("family house") I added value by putting a door to the outside in the office. (Need a private entrance for clients, right?) The office is also a good place for a couch, another TV, and the dartboard. Or the office could be a music studio, with as many musical instruments, karaoke, etc. as you can fit into it.

If you use your imagination, a lot is possible, even with the relatively small catalogue.

(Still no solution for the annoying Bathroom Baby...so I gave her a rubber duck. Of course, the ungrateful brat is ignoring it--along with everything and everyone else.)

Go to: