Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 13, 14 12:34 AM
A thread to post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 8:55:13 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 13, 14 3:22 AM
Just 15 minutes into the game, checked the SG as to what to do next and everything froze. Had to use ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game. Was able to continue from where I left it but not exactly a great start.

First time I've had any issue like this for over a year.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Dark Dimensions: Somber Song Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by swedane on Mar 13, 14 5:43 AM
Hi angelfish106,

I didn't even get that far. Played the 1 hr demo with no issues. My game froze within minutes of clicking the play button. Also had to use the short cut keys to get out of the game. This is a first ever on my less than two year old iMac. I've mailed tech support and reported the problem, hope you will do the same!
-----------------------------------------------
For Mac users only:
Resolved the problem by first deleting the game. Next delete the game folder: ~/Library/Preferences/DarkDimensions_CE

One gamer...

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 12:58:09 PM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 13, 14 8:47 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread pondprowler!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Mar 13, 14 9:40 AM
The HOS scenes moved in slow motion. Will try to re install. Don't know if it is my computer or issues with the game.

nancer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by nancer on Mar 13, 14 11:41 AM
played the demo with no problem. after buying and activating it, i got the intro but when i hit 'play', i got a black screen and a cursor. that's it. no game. nothing i did would change it so i had to shut off my computer. tried it one more time with the same result.

ruthb1146
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by ruthb1146 on Mar 13, 14 2:01 PM
The game was working fine until I purchased it. I gave the last instrument to the stone statues and the game froze. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did not help.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Mar 13, 14 5:42 PM
I am almost at the end of the game having bought it and the game now freezes and I have to "force quit". The screen goes off centre, have to choose options then unselect full screen then back to full screen but as soon as I choose to move from one location to another, the game freezes. I have cleared and emptied cache, my Mac is up to date on all counts. Big Fish, this is the third or 4th game in a month that has had technical issues. Most disappointed.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 13, 14 6:51 PM
I only had one issue, but after reading all of these posts, now I'm wondering if I should purchase the game. The issue I had was during the demo, assembling the key on that grid of 9 blocks. I assembled the key correctly at the top, but nothing happened. I had to skip the game before it would allow me to continue.

cevans
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by cevans on Mar 13, 14 6:52 PM
Having the same issue. Purchased the full version and it freezes after I hit the play button. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. My drivers are up to date. This is quite annoying that so many games are unplayable after purchase. Get it together BIGFISH.

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Mar 13, 14 6:58 PM
ruthb1146 wrote:The game was working fine until I purchased it. I gave the last instrument to the stone statues and the game froze. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that did not help.

Same issue here for me very frustrating as I was looking forward to continuing.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 13, 14 7:27 PM
I too was almost at the end of the game when moving from one location to another the screen froze, two pictures one on to of the other and had to use task manager to exit the game. Tried to re-enter but the screen was frozen in exactly the same place.

I really do not appreciate paying for a game even with 2 credits and not have it function properly. My computer is less than 2 years old and fully up to date. If this cannot be corrected I would like to have my credits back or my money and certainly not PCC's as I currently have 6 and nothing that I want to purchase with them.

Operating system HP 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 7:29:55 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 14, 14 1:33 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Just 15 minutes into the game, checked the SG as to what to do next and everything froze. Had to use ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game. Was able to continue from where I left it but not exactly a great start.

Playing on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5.
This happened to me twice. I had to CAD both times and the second time I ended up having to force quit the game. Once I exited the game and re-entered I was able to play again with no more problems - well….except when I started up the game again, after those freezes, the game came on with a window-type bar across the top - the kind with the three red, yellow and green buttons in the upper left corner - very distracting. I exited the game again and then re-entered and all was fine. No problems after those two freezes.

I wonder if all of us experiencing the SG freezing are playing on a MAC?

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Mar 14, 14 2:54 AM
WilJul wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Just 15 minutes into the game, checked the SG as to what to do next and everything froze. Had to use ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game. Was able to continue from where I left it but not exactly a great start.

Playing on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.5.
This happened to me twice. I had to CAD both times and the second time I ended up having to force quit the game. Once I exited the game and re-entered I was able to play again with no more problems - well….except when I started up the game again, after those freezes, the game came on with a window-type bar across the top - the kind with the three red, yellow and green buttons in the upper left corner - very distracting. I exited the game again and then re-entered and all was fine. No problems after those two freezes.

I wonder if all of us experiencing the SG freezing are playing on a MAC?

I'm using a PC with newly installed Win7. Hope it doesn't make me regret abandoning Vista!

shibabi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shibabi on Mar 14, 14 8:44 AM
Game freezes every time I go to the strategy guide. Windows 8.1

[Post New]by LyndaLynLou on Mar 14, 14 10:40 AM
I am at the Ice Sculpture Park. There is an Angel laying on a pedestal. She has the Clock I need. But first I need to put the violin together. It has 3 pieces. I put in the top piece and the bottom piece but I CANNOT GET the middle piece to go in. What do I do? I'm stuck right here. I've been trying for almost 2 hours to get that middle piece to go in. NOW WHAT?? HELP.....

[Post New]by HarleyBaby2952 on Mar 14, 14 11:38 AM
so i'm not quite sure if this is a glitch in the game, but i'm in lydia's room, trying to move the dolls off the bed for the photograph...my computer is making the sound of the dolls moving, but they aren't moving for me. i've tried exiting the game, that doesn't work and i've tried walking into the hallway and going back into her room and that doesn't work either...so far, it's been a pretty fantastic game with no problems...

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Mar 14, 14 12:37 PM
I'm playing on a pc with windows vista and game stops working at the first hidden object game. Think I'll wait for a fix before I try anything else.

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Mar 14, 14 5:10 PM
Guess I'll add my two cents to all of the problems. Game crashed twice during the demo. After reading all of the problems I am just going to delete this game and forget about it.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Mar 14, 14 5:28 PM
Where's the strategy guide? I know it's supposed to be under a button marked "Info", but that disappears after a while.

Go to: