16paws
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

More Killer Tomatoes, Please!

[Post New]by 16paws on Mar 13, 14 3:38 AM
I love those killer tomatoes! I love it when I get one watered in time to watch it gobble up a gorilla or gnome, before I have to rush off to find another Killer Tomato to water. We could use more of them, especially on the levels where there are so many gorillas and gnomes that it's impossible for Granny to dig enough holes to trap them all. Another thing that would help in this game is to give Granny a shopping bag, so she could shoot from a distance and not get the meanies ganging up on her.

Some of the early levels are harder than the later ones. On those, you can use up all 10 lives on one level. I haven't played Super Granny mode for awhile because it's hard enough to get through on Easy mode.

What I find to be really annoying is that if one of the meanies knocks Granny down, she comes back to find that she has to water the Killer Tomatoes again and use the bomb to unblock all the rock barriers again. On the other hand, meanies who were trapped before are put back into their original places, and if you've already gotten what you need from those places, you don't have to worry about the meanies again.

I really love Super Granny games. Many platformers are repetitive, but the developers of these games have managed to vary the levels enough to keep gameplay interesting. My favorite are more logic-based - the levels where Granny has to push blocks, etc. to clear a path to the exit, instead of having to run constantly from meanies.

Just had to share my thoughts on Super Granny.

grannylover59
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,003 Posts

Re:More Killer Tomatoes, Please!

[Post New]by grannylover59 on Mar 20, 14 1:53 AM
Your comments were nice. This game has been out for a long time. It was the second one after Granny in Paradise. The developer of this game has sold out so it doesn't seem like there will be any games unless the developer of Super Granny decides to once again make Super Granny.

16paws
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:More Killer Tomatoes, Please!

[Post New]by 16paws on Mar 20, 14 4:04 AM
I discovered Super Granny games in 2010 and enjoyed playing them more than most other games. It's sad to think there will be no more. It's sad to discover a game you enjoy only to have it abandoned by the developers, especially since they retain the rights, preventing anyone else from carrying on with the series. Maybe we'll see some clones. Snowy Treasures is similar but not as much fun.

But it's encouraging to find someone still interested enough to come back to the forums for these older games.

Go to: