FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

BFG PLEASE NOTE: Getting what you need NOT working! HELP!

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 13, 14 9:10 AM
Players seem to be no longer getting what you need to continue with the quests.
In my short time back in it seems to be mainly in the crafted items but sometimes in quests too.

Can you tell us please if this is an error or a decision. It's impossible to continue and make any progress at all with the game like this.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

Re:BFG PLEASE NOTE: Getting what you need NOT working! HELP!

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 13, 14 10:14 AM
Yes please advise us!!! Because this is getting beyond frustrating and games are not played to be frustrated!!! We play for enjoyment and an escape from everyday life which can be frustrating enough...we dont need this game to add to it!!!

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 13, 14 10:19 AM
It's driving me MAD!

I'm hoping it IS a glitch and not a purposeful decision. If it's a decision they've made then most players are bound to quit. items can't be crafted to act as a key to open something with the game like this!

Edited on 03/13/2014 at 10:34:35 AM PST

maggiefromOK2
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by maggiefromOK2 on Mar 13, 14 10:21 AM
I may quit before I get to that point, at present I have 6 quests everyone needs an item from the iron chest which takes 2 items to open. This is nonsense.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 13, 14 10:48 AM
Ugh, maggie

Of course, if it does turn out to be a glitch then no doubt it will require another update and we all know how slow Elephants are!!!!

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 13, 14 3:18 PM
BFG: PLEASE answer us! There are posts appearing everywhere about this and every single player is frustrated. Please help!

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 13, 14 3:30 PM
I am most mad about the Pirate Standard which needs the Soul Selector to open(not to mention the Thunderblast as well)..which requires one item from each, Rune Altar, Bag, and Cauldren, which I had no other quests available at all and followed the find path...and had the needed items to open those chests and I got something completely different from all 3 of them..with no hope of crafting the Soul Selector. I am not going to waste my other resources trying till we hear from BF on this!!!!

I mean good grief BF even if the find method would work..it would still take alot of time and resources to get all the items needed to ever get the soul selector!!!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 13, 14 4:10 PM
Would someone at BFG please let us know if the failure of the “getting what you want” strategy is a technical glitch or an intentional change in the game programming.

Prior to the March 10th update we were able to go to a character and choose a quest from them and follow the “find” prompts to either a HOS or a Crafting and get the needed items to complete the quest. The items you got to complete the quest were not random, you would actually receive what you needed.

Now as players have gotten into level 19 and beyond the needed items for quests are not being given at certain points in the game. Many players have posted about this and the extreme frustration that it is causing.

Would someone at Big Fish please let us know if we should be posting about this in the Technical Issues topic or in the regular game forum.

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Mar 13, 14 4:37 PM
I for one 'refuse' to get frustrated with this game anymore! I was 'locked-out' for over a month...just got back in last night.
I see what you all are talking about....everything was just running along hunky dory and then I met the 'Witch' !
I think, and this is just my 'unprofessional' opinion...that the 'task' she assigned me..
To craft the 'Amulet of Challenge' when I was 'missing' a couple of the 'parts' needed, which I went looking for....but 'got' something else.
When I went to 'The Castle Keeper'....which was the crow's 2nd suggestion, I found that these 'things' were needed there.
The 'trouble' lies in that the 'tasks' double up on the scenes that you have to visit.
So....it can be a REALLY long wait to fulfill your duties! Considering that it takes an hour to refill each time you visit.
Before (the lockout) if I had one of the items needed and was just short one, then I would 'buy' it. I have NO intentions of falling into this 'trap' again! I just play along, put up what I need on my 'wish list'.....I will reciprocate! And 'hope' for the best. Every hour I 'check out' and go play another game!
This is supposed to be 'fun' people !
'Rushing' is what got me into 'trouble' in the first place, I'm sorry to say
Have a 'Good One'

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 13, 14 4:59 PM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for letting us know this is happening! We have just become aware about this and have escalated the issue. We will definitely post in the forums as soon as we get more information from the developer.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgWendwater

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 14, 14 4:06 AM
Thank you for replying bfgWendwater.
I'm sure all players are hoping that the devs forgot to make the route possible on finding the crafting items needed to craft a key to open something. I can't think it would be intentional!
Let's hope they look into ASAP but with the weekend coming up....and what with the problems before.....patience is wearing a bit thin

JanRG
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by JanRG on Mar 14, 14 5:06 AM
I too, was having problems on getting what you needed to craft an item. Found this a big problem in level 18, now in level 19, I think it is a bigger problem. I am getting frustrated with the witch and the Rune Alter.The castle keeper is giving me a hard time also in completing the quests. I must have tried a dozen times on the Rune Alter to complete, I am not going to spend that large amount of diamonds either, beginning to think that's what Elephant wants.

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Mar 14, 14 9:03 AM
Just wanted to chime in to say I am having the same problem with the rune altar segment. I'm so glad we have this forum to consult, I think I would just give up if it weren't for what I learn here!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 14, 14 11:43 AM
Hey Everyone,

I just want to thank you again for your posts and they have allowed us to make the developer aware of the issues you are having.

We assure all of you that this was not intentional and adjustments are planned to make those items more available within the game. I apologize for the inconvenience.

bfgWendwater

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 14, 14 11:45 AM
Thank you very much bfgWendwater

I had the feeling it wasn't intentional, the game would have been impossible if it was and I knew BFG wouldn't let that happen.

Let's just hope they can fix it soon. In the meantime I'm just collecting all I can and not wasting stuff on trying and trying with no success.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 14, 14 11:57 AM
Good to know it wasn't intentional. Wondering if we will be in for another 6 week wait for this problem to be resolved?

wishtar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
446 Posts

[Post New]by wishtar on Mar 14, 14 2:26 PM
I don't think it was intentional because it doesn't matter if you use a gem to buy an item needed to be able tp craft something because you still didn't get it. Glad to see it wasn't just me. It seemed like the ship became to easy and the quests impossible!!
Eliana

Hopefully it doesn't take too long. I have 2 games running and this doesn't seem to be an issue on the lower levels just the higher ones.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 15, 14 6:26 AM
I hope it doesn't take long either! I can't resist keeping trying but hopeless.
It seems to be for the areas where a crafted item in needed to open it. It shouldn't be too hard a fix surely.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Mar 15, 14 9:07 AM
For me, this only happens with crafting materials that you need when you have to craft something to open the cauldron (for example). If I have a questgiver who wants something crafted directly, then I still get the parts I need right away.

So, in result: If you need to craft something as a key, then you don't get what you need immediately, but otherwise you do.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Mar 15, 14 9:13 AM
Turalyon wrote:For me, this only happens with crafting materials that you need when you have to craft something to open the cauldron (for example). If I have a questgiver who wants something crafted directly, then I still get the parts I need right away.

So, in result: If you need to craft something as a key, then you don't get what you need immediately, but otherwise you do.

Yes, exactly! So the fix shouldn't be a major one. Let's hope they get on with it quickly

Go to: