basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

bug in bank scene

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 13, 14 2:08 PM
not sure if it is just in my game but came upon problem in bank scene after getting my blow torch. I tried to post an explanation in the post tech error section at top of forum Just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this problem

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:bug in bank scene

[Post New]by wulfruna on Mar 13, 14 2:09 PM
please describe the exact problem.....

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 13, 14 2:26 PM
wulfruna wrote:please describe the exact problem.....

this is what I posted in tech thread if need further explanation, will try. sorry I am not good at writing this out
Love the update but. in the bank appears to be programming error. Not sure how to explain. Had to ctrl alt del to exit game. first thing that went astray was in finding the objects (had blow torch in top corner) instead of a description or riddle for the item to find, shows ho.....something cannot remember exact characters and ended in underscore clue, etc.. I used hint and shows uncle sam poster, was going to continue but another description came up in programming language and used hint again and shows the racing flags BUT when you try and click on flags nothing happens. The game will go no further. Came out of game to let you know this. Hope it is fixed soon. Love the new demographics and happy to have update

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Mar 13, 14 2:28 PM
I did not have any problems until I went to get the welding touch. I was at the bank and a numbers/letters came up instead of the name for the racing flags. This has happen at the bank before and I was able to get what it was by clicking on things to find it..This time I used the help and it showed me that it was the racing flags. I had to go out of the bank because it would not let me get the racing flags. I lost my money and I could not finish the task.

Just wondering is it fixed yet or when will it be fixed?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 13, 14 2:33 PM
I will try the bank scene and see if there is any changes. But the problem we were having in the bank was that the descriptions of the items were messed up. It just gave you some numbers instead of the item description or it was a blank request. I have never had it freeze up on me, but I will check it out and report back.

Now, I have had that problem in the Secret Library. It freezes up on me a lot and I have to exit the game to restart and I lose all the rewards from the scene. I will also check to see if this has been fixed and report back in a little while.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Mar 13, 14 2:36 PM
april3850 wrote:I will try the bank scene and see if there is any changes. But the problem we were having in the bank was that the descriptions of the items were messed up. It just gave you some numbers instead of the item description or it was a blank request. I have never had it freeze up on me, but I will check it out and report back.

Now, I have had that problem in the Secret Library. It freezes up on me a lot and I have to exit the game to restart and I lose all the rewards from the scene. I will also check to see if this has been fixed and report back in a little while.

It did not freeze up on me...I just could not get the racing flags...so I just left the bank.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 13, 14 4:25 PM
Ok, yes, I see what you mean. the glitch is in the racing flags. Its a shame the glitch has to be in the Picky Shopper where all the good rewards are. But I got out of it, played it a 2nd time and didnt get the flags. So at least its not happening every time.

jbmf_06
Clownfish
Clownfish
712 Posts

[Post New]by jbmf_06 on Mar 13, 14 4:35 PM
april3850 wrote:Ok, yes, I see what you mean. the glitch is in the racing flags. Its a shame the glitch has to be in the Picky Shopper where all the good rewards are. But I got out of it, played it a 2nd time and didnt get the flags. So at least its not happening every time.

I played it on my other pc and it did not do the same thing but yet I did get something different second time around.

[Post New]by jeanieweanie on Mar 13, 14 4:51 PM
april3850 wrote:Ok, yes, I see what you mean. the glitch is in the racing flags. Its a shame the glitch has to be in the Picky Shopper where all the good rewards are. But I got out of it, played it a 2nd time and didnt get the flags. So at least its not happening every time.

The same happened to me in the bank, computer code for several objects in picky shopper mode. It worked for some other items but not the racing flags. Happened 3 times in a row.
Also in secret library it gave a duplicate request for a starfish, chose it once but could not when it asked for it again. Hint button said no item to be found. Had to exit and lose energy. I also had an instance when the background went all white and the game close automatically. I never had that happen before, although I have read in other posts that it has happened to others. But at least I am not stuck in fast shopper mode in W Va anymore. It always seems when some glitches in software are resolved, other ones crop up!

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Mar 13, 14 8:49 PM
Scroll down the page. There is a thread here someplace that has a list of the numbers and what they are. I wrote them down and have them handy when I need them. I'll try to find it and bump it up.

Go to: