Any reason not to sell the sawmill and brick factory?

[Post New]by justtj49 on Mar 13, 14 9:40 PM
I am on level 31 and can't see any reason to keep the sawmill or brick factory -- I have plenty from exchanging collections and the new buildings, so far, have come with all of the needed materials.
I need more room to build a third sheep pen because I don't want to pay 70 gold coins to upgrade to a bigger pen.

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

Re:Any reason not to sell the sawmill and brick factory?

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Mar 13, 14 10:27 PM
Have you completed the map quests? Quite a few of them ask for bricks and/or boards.

snavenasus
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by snavenasus on Mar 14, 14 4:26 PM
That's something I have never thought of. Like you I have loads of bricks and planks and haven't used either factory for weeks - I'm on level 46. I say go ahead and sell after all if something happens you can always sell the 3rd sheep pen or something else to build them again.

Cuilapan01
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Cuilapan01 on Mar 15, 14 12:06 AM
Isn't the sawmill also needed to get grandpa? Will he stay if you sell the sawmill?

[Post New]by Mereldanh on Mar 15, 14 11:41 AM
One consideration would be the architect "build all buildings" achievement for 300 xp and 2gp. However, you could rebuild later if you really wanted to. Depends on how much of a completionist you are.

Really got me thinking on if I wanted to tear my sawmill down myself. The valentine's collection is providing a lot of boards, but it is possible it will be removed in a later update?

[Post New]by Justin_Forgames on Mar 24, 14 8:31 PM
at level 37 with over 2000 boards I don't actually need the mill but it gives grandpa something to do when I am on a 4 hour energy because even with 10 animal pens it still only takes 20-30 mins. for him to fix all the fences.

[Post New]by rbdflyboy on Mar 28, 14 5:51 AM
Wud like to see a "store" function added so one cud store items in the barn to possibly use them at a later date. Right now one can only move or sell. The other function which can be useful is a "rotate" function...just a thought.

Go to: