EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE AWAKENED

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Mar 21, 09 12:10 AM
GREAT, will be getting this one, enjoy everyone.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE AWAKENED

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 21, 09 12:25 AM
How did I know you would be here Edna? Enjoy your game.

Me?....... I still have 2 credits and a coupon and nothing to buy.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 21, 09 12:36 AM
I have been waiting patiently all week Downloading now - Yipppeeeee

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 21, 09 12:46 AM
It's just got my credit (as has Nostradamus, which I hadn't got round to getting earlier this week).

Won't have time to play it until this evening (long lunch out with friends and family - rolling together celebration of several birthdays, and of course Mother's Day), but I think I'm going to enjoy spending the rest of my weekend playing them

Edited on 03/21/2009 at 12:47:23 AM PST

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 21, 09 4:06 AM
Bumping this up from page 4 in case anyone else wants to talk about it.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Mar 21, 09 4:12 AM
How do you know its good? There's no trial available for this one. I was thinking about it, but anyway no credits left and I can't try it out. It hasn't always worked out with games I can't try out. I am nowhere with safecracker and time stands still which I purchased long ago.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 21, 09 5:34 AM
Everything from this Developer, Frogwares, that I've tried I've very much enjoyed:

Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines
The Mystery of the Persian Carpet
Journey to the center of the Earth
and most importantly...
Dracula: Origin which is my personal favorite Adventure game, at least in a good long while. I am confident in their product and the Sherlock Holmes series they've done has been very well received.

Setting up download now then heading to bed.

(anticipating this as not yet played)

sassy337
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sassy337 on Mar 21, 09 5:39 AM
I bought this game recently at Frys, It is really good. Had me up for 2 days,(love when a game gets you that involved!)Turn of the century scenes in New Orleans were funny(mostly) Fast paced chase scene combined with the music made it feel like a Benny Hill scene. Like the disclaimer said, there is an occult theme,and some bloody stuff, but IMO not over the top.

Liked this one very much, trying to "forget" the game, so I can play it again

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Mar 21, 09 5:46 AM
I can't get this one to start anyone else have this problem?

given
Herring
Herring
369 Posts

[Post New]by given on Mar 21, 09 6:24 AM
Bought this game a W-mart last year. My hubby and I said this is not a game for children. There were two parts in it that were very bloody and one really bothered me for some reason. All in all it is a good game and we played it to the end.

I'm glad to see that BF put the warning in red.

Renee02
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,068 Posts

[Post New]by Renee02 on Mar 21, 09 6:24 AM
Nope mine started just fine, I'd contact customer support, the green envelope on the right of the screen, and see if they can help you.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 21, 09 7:00 AM
Played Silent Hill 1-3 and the blood scenes in that were way out there. So this shouldn't be that bad lol

Sassy

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Mar 21, 09 9:37 AM
I have the software for this game. LOVED IT. It's challenging and can be grusome at times. It took me a long time to play as there is much to do. Definitely recommend it for those dye-hard adventure game players. I think this was the best Sherlock Holmes game I have ever played so far.

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on Mar 21, 09 9:44 AM
Guess I won't be getting this one, no trial to see how hard it is and since Dracula was to hard guess I'll pass Iwas really hoping for something good this week end since I'm off OH well

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 21, 09 9:46 AM
Edna, saw the TGT and thought of you immediately. Hope you enjoy it. Happy Gaming!!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 21, 09 10:36 AM
As mentioned in my latest reply to the Sunny Saturday thread, I'm finally back home from the long (but very pleasureable) lunch out. I'm going to relax for a time, then start on this game. If things go to plan, I'll see about writing up a pond review for all the fishies who don't like to get a game without a demo/feedback.

If things go to plan, and I can, hope it'll help.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Mar 21, 09 10:42 AM
I look forward to reading reviews from some of the fishies who play this game.

[Post New]by jlh7177 on Mar 21, 09 11:03 AM
How do you get to Captain Sedgewick's Place after you have talked to Barnes at the Bookstore?

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 21, 09 4:27 PM
Downloaded and runs beautifully. Lots of controls and easy interface stuff just like Dracula: Origin (I still think it's weird they don't have a main menu button on the interface though, get there by hitting Esc) Graphics are insanely clear and look amazing on my new 22" Hi-Def LCD. In fact... a little tooooo clear. Do they need to zoom in to Holmes face close enough I can see his pores?

I have almost finished Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy so will start this one up after that late tonite, but now it's World of Warcraft with me darling hubby.

Ta ta and have fun, y'all. This looks like a good one!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Mar 23, 09 9:47 AM
Howdy folks!

These Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened threads have an official home now so I'm tidying up Chit Chat by moving them all.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

Go to: