REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 14, 14 12:34 AM
A thread to post your reviews for this game!

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 8:46:28 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms here

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 14, 14 6:09 AM
Phantom Difficulty

The Mystery Trackers series is one of the best, with each game being a very strong entry. I own five other MT games, with two as CE's.

In this episode, you return to the town of Raincliff to investigate the disappearance of TV reporter Emilie White. Ms. White disappeared while investigating the presence of invisible people in the town, hence the "Phantoms" title.

The drawing and design are top notch, the swirling snow very realistic (I can attest to that by looking out my window). Voice overs are also very believable, and cut scenes (and they pop up frequently) are well done. Even the "phantoms" are believably realistic (I think - I've never actually seen a real phantom ). Music is very subtle.

Playing off the snowy landscape is a unique (as far as I know) wrinkle. On the left of the screen is a thermometer. When the temperature drops, you have to find a morphing object to warm you. However, the objects are just standard items, not necessarily associated with warmth. There is an option to disable this feature.

Another wrinkle is VHS tapes (yes, still using them, my theory on this I'll put in the forum). Each time you find and view a tape you receive a photo (a old style polaroid, of course). You have to match the photo to its location in the game to find a secret hiding place and objects.

This game is clearly well thought out and well executed. My only ding would be that the hidden object scenes and even the puzzles are just too easy. You really won't have any trouble finding anything and the puzzles, while cleverly designed, have really simple solutions. Perhaps this changes as you play further but I'll take off 1/2 a star for now.

The CE version has collectible "creatures", achievements, a strategy guide, and a bonus chapter as well as the usual "pseudo-extras" (i.e. wallpapers, etc). There are four levels of difficulty.

- 1/2 stars

Edited on 03/14/2014 at 6:14:37 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 14, 14 8:46 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Trackers: Raincliff's Phantoms.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Apr 26, 14 6:48 AM
This is the best of all the Mystery Tracker games altho the others were good too.
What I loved about this game was it seemed effortless compared to the others and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The graphics were fantastic, the HO scenes were quite easy I found and the storyline fit the bill.
I grade this game a 5 out of 5 for me.

Happy Gaming Everyone!

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jul 2, 14 7:51 PM
One of the best games in a long time!! I love this series, and this one did not disappoint! Beautifully done graphics, interesting story, not too dark, a variety of mini-games ranging from fairly easy to difficult, long game play, interactive map, hidden object scenes that were done right. I highly recommend this game, and the prequel! A ten out of ten!!

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Sep 1, 14 9:43 PM
I just finished playing the game and I am soooo sorry to see the end ,because it is one of the must beautiful games I ever played ,although I got stuck twice without the walkthrough I found one and and finished the hints and map made it a lot easier ..Thanks a million developers for such a great game.

Go to: