bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

European Mystery: The Face of Envy

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 16, 14 12:29 AM
A series of robberies takes a deadly turn in European Mystery: The Face of Envy! You’ve been called out of retirement again by an old friend in Italy. Something very unusual is happening on the streets of Rome... Nobles are being robbed of their jewels in broad daylight and falling dangerously ill afterward. As you begin to investigate, you realize that the case is even stranger than you first thought - the villain takes on the physical traits of his victims right before your eyes! But who is he? And what is his mysterious plan? To find out, you’ll have to explore the sights of Rome and solve challenging puzzles in this thrilling Hidden Object adventure!

Re:European Mystery: The Face of Envy

[Post New]by pisces3959 on Mar 17, 14 2:07 PM
The game might be fine and fun to play, but I do not like the negative comments that it makes anytime you click on anything...not my best effort when all I did was click on a person laying on the ground...this kind of thing totally ruins the game for me, and this developer is well known for doing this...please stop!!! No need to make people feel stupid.

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 2:12:41 PM PST

joni12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by joni12 on Mar 17, 14 8:21 PM
Hi,

I am stuck on the roof where the barrels are, the hint goes to the barrel with a cork that is stuck but I don't have a corkscrew??? HELP ANYONE I have one complaint is that you have to pay for the strategy guide I don't think that is fair being you paid for the game and the forum is no help,

[Post New]by pisces3959 on Mar 18, 14 4:30 AM

Edited on 03/18/2014 at 2:04:23 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 18, 14 2:05 PM
Hey pisces3959,

Thank you so much for posting the link to the walkthrough! I just made a quick edit to your post so that others can click on it to reach the walkthrough.

I hope that walkthrough helps, and happy gaming everyone!

bfgVaiya

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Mar 22, 14 6:32 PM
Someone, or something, is robbing Nobles in Rome and taking their identities. The Detective is called out of retirement to pursue the thief and solve the mystery.

This game has a beautiful soundtrack, with voilin and paino music in the background, excellent narration and voice overs.

The visuals are beautiful: clean, crisp, clear and very well illustrated.There are collectibles throughout including pieces of a plate and mosaic pieces, all to be used in the storyline.

Hidden objects scenes are the list type; some of them interactive in the sense that you have to create each object before it is considered found: for example, sculpting a dragon from a piece of wood, building a totem, and painting a mask. In others you are asked to find a certain number of a particular object.

Mini puzzles were fun and some were very challenging. They are a lot different than the usual mini puzzles in hidden object games.

Tools to help you include a notebook, the hint button, a jewel box to create items from other items you have found, a crystal cube to gather light to assist you in using the jewel box to make blueprints, and my personal favorite, a little animal helper, in this case a small ermine I named "Minty".

This SE has a lot of bang for the buck. It will keep you very busy as you try to catch the thief.

Go to: