Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

Good News From The Devs

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 16, 14 1:14 AM
I decided to try & contact the devs via FB as there hasn't been any response from BFG in the Technical Issues thread.

The nice devs replied very promptly to my query; they are working on a patch for this game

I hope this helps people who have had problems with the game; I'm happy to wait now I know there will definitely be a patch

K

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Good News From The Devs

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 16, 14 4:02 AM
Really..? That's great news Kamana_29!

Good job!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 16, 14 12:24 PM
That is indeed great news! Hopefully it appears soon!

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Mar 16, 14 1:09 PM
Thank you, Kamana_29. That is much better than the "un-install and re-install" mantra.

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 16, 14 1:22 PM
I thought people would like to know what was happening; I was getting rather frustrated that we weren't hearing anything.

The devs took a bit of tracking as they don't use their dev name but I haven't been playing detective games for nothing

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't be long before the patch appears

K

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Mar 18, 14 8:47 PM
Yeaaaa, Thank you. And lol. I really liked this game & had to give it up because of the compass arrow...I'll be waiting.
Thanks agaih, Detective!
Bonnie

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 19, 14 6:25 PM
That's Cool
It's a really enjoyable, well-put together game- But I too quit after the compass glitch.
The cursor issue was not a big deal....but that puzzle -even YT let's play ppl were skipping it in frustration.
I don't like to skip puzzles & really didn't want to restart all over so thanks for the heads up

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 20, 14 1:15 PM
Well, I don't know about you guys but I'm now checking this forum twice daily to see if BFG has announced the upgrade is ready

Now I know the devs are working on a patch I'm getting antsy over the waiting period - you'd think it'd be the opposite, wouldn't you?

K

[Post New]by ButterscotchCat on Mar 25, 14 10:25 PM
How will we know the patch is ready?

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Mar 26, 14 1:50 PM
Butterscotch, BFG will post an update notification in this forum.

The thread is always at the top; the mods often lock the original Technical Issues thread & start a new tech issues thread so they can easily monitor any further problems.

K

ETA to remove extraneous letter

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 1:52:08 PM PST

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SirensKiss on May 4, 14 4:33 PM
Thank you, thank you. Did I mention a HUGE THANK YOU?

Well done on finding a way to contact the developers, very impressed.

I ended up contacting Big Fish cust service as I couldn't find how to get in touch with the developers directly.

Sherlock Holmes has nothing on you

I am one of the people who has been plagued by 'The Faucet' and 'Pumpkin H/O' glitches (posted in forum).

So the possibility of getting a patch for them has made me a very happy bunny (well it is Easter).

I look forward to continuing what is in essence a really good game.

Have a great Bank Holiday

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on May 5, 14 2:25 PM
LOL Don't thank me .....or at least wait until the patch/update actually arrives. I'm wondering if they're rebuilding the whole game as they're taking so long!

If you or anyone else wants to contact the devs, go to FB & type in the search box True Fear: Forsaken Souls Video Game. In fact, I wish more people would contact the devs & inquire about the upgrade. I seem to be the only person that has mentioned the problems on their FB page

K

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on May 5, 14 2:46 PM
I've just written to the Devs again - will see if there's any response about the ETA of the upgrade

K

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

CHASING THE DEVS

[Post New]by SirensKiss on May 7, 14 6:11 PM
Hello again

Yep, know what you mean regarding length of time they are taking!

If only they'd invested this much time into making sure the game was glitch free before releasing it. Don't want to sound too mean, but.......

The longer the delay, the more disheartening it is.

Thank you again for all your efforts, sorry you seem to be the one leading a lone crusade. Unfortunately I'm one of those rare creatures who don't use FB (strange I know ).

Whatever the final outcome I'm just grateful for all the effort you've put in as I'm sure other Fishies are.

Let's keep fingers (and fins) crossed the developers sort it out, or maybe we'll have to send some 'Forsaken Souls' after them

Have a good week, hopefully your weather is better than the torrential downpours we have here!!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

CHASING THE DEVS

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on May 8, 14 9:31 PM
SirensKiss wrote:Hello again

Yep, know what you mean regarding length of time they are taking!

If only they'd invested this much time into making sure the game was glitch free before releasing it. Don't want to sound too mean, but.......

The longer the delay, the more disheartening it is.

Thank you again for all your efforts, sorry you seem to be the one leading a lone crusade. Unfortunately I'm one of those rare creatures who don't use FB (strange I know ).

Whatever the final outcome I'm just grateful for all the effort you've put in as I'm sure other Fishies are.

Let's keep fingers (and fins) crossed the developers sort it out, or maybe we'll have to send some 'Forsaken Souls' after them

Have a good week, hopefully your weather is better than the torrential downpours we have here!!

LOL I love that idea!

I started using FB to keep in touch with our equine contacts & friends but it is handy in other ways. I just wish I could say 'yes! A new build is coming next week'. I've made it clear to the devs that they're losing clients

K

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on May 8, 14 9:32 PM
Oh yeah, we'd love some rain! Australia is in a bit of dry spell at present

SirensKiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by SirensKiss on May 17, 14 4:59 PM
Maybe I need to think about joining the modern world, think I'm just too much of a 'technophobe!!'

Lot of my friends on it, so guess I should stop using carrier pigeons and switch to FB .

As per previous post, your hard work and perseverance is greatly appreciated.

Your right, think that they're in danger of loosing customers if they fail to respond promptly to glitches and it's obviously affecting lots of other Fishies and not an isolated incident. So they REALLY need to put some effort into fixing this issue, if only for reasons of self interest ie selling future games.

The longer the delay, the more concerned I get that it will ever be resolved

Hope you have a good weekend and not melting! We've started with our own mini heatwave here in York (UK), though sure it's nothing compared to yours.

Go to: