Post your REVIEWS for Doctor Life: Be a Doctor! here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 17, 14 12:34 AM
A thread to post your reviews for this game!

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 8:43:08 AM PST

Livibop
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:Post your REVIEWS for Doctor Life: Be a Doctor! here

[Post New]by Livibop on Mar 17, 14 2:29 AM

Not sure what to make of this game after 60 min of game play.

The idea is different and the graphics are fun, and it's not a HOG, so that is a good start.

Basically, you run a hospital and 'serve' patients by diagnosing and treating them.

It gets very clicky early, there are a lot of patients and lots of different diseases, and I am having troubles remembering which treatment goes with what...

Also, as you add extra rooms to your hospital you have to scroll to see where all the patients are, so that gets a little annoying.

Probably wouldn't buy this game otherwise, but I have so many credit saved up thanks to the lack of good TM/Strategy games that I'll probably just use one of those and see how the game develops.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 17, 14 8:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Doctor Life: Be a Doctor! here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Doctor Life: Be a Doctor!.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 17, 14 9:03 AM
This is developer "WIGU Games Studios" from Malaysia very first title. Originally released for mobile devices last month, this is the PC version. The premise is like "Theme Hospital" without the humor. The graphics are simple and the music upbeat. Unfortunately, the marriage between simulation and time-management just didn't work for me. I was not given much time to treat any of my patients who were wandering around all the rooms. Aren't they suppose to stay in the reception area? I had difficulty selecting them and figuring out what was wrong and which anecdote to provide. There were no instructions given for this aspect of the game, and it quickly became repetitious and boring. I was really wishing for something un-HOG like to appear, but unfortunately, this is not what the doctor prescribed.

Edited on 03/17/2014 at 10:18:19 AM PST

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Mar 17, 14 10:09 AM
Kind of disappointing. It's so seldom that a game that's not a HOG is offered that I get really high hopes. This one is a little buggy, you click on a patient sometimes two or three times before they respond. Also you have to remember what the treatment is for whatever is wrong with them which I kept forgetting. I liked the graphics and the idea of the game, but it didn't live up to what it could have been.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 18, 14 2:07 AM
I am sorry, but for me this game is dire.

It is too rushed, too busy and far too been there done that.

I would think 6 or 8 years ago I would have enjoyed this game, however over the last few years TM games have come on leaps and bounds yet this one feels like it has taken 2 steps back.

Go to: