Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Flowers/Diamonds

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Mar 17, 14 8:02 AM
Is it me or has anyone noticed that, since the update, Diamonds are no longer being dropped upon collecting flowers....

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

Re:Flowers/Diamonds

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 17, 14 8:24 AM
You are probably just having a dry spell. I got a diamond yesterday but hadn't gotten one for close to 2000 flowers before that. Its too bad that they drop so rarely and randomly. It would be nice if it was a predictable number so we could work towards them instead of relying on luck.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 17, 14 9:31 AM
I have had two since the update. They don't come very often. I also had one that I lost into the void with all my lost coins, that was very disappointing.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 17, 14 12:37 PM
I'm getting diamonds at about the same rate I was before the update.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 17, 14 12:43 PM
On average I am still getting one diamond per 450 drops... Doesn't seem to have been changed by the update.

Lestat195
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Lestat195 on Mar 17, 14 12:54 PM
This is really strange because I haven't had any diamonds drop in 3 days, even though I collect more than 1000 flowers.....

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 17, 14 1:06 PM
The thing about averages is that the actual length of time between events cab be very variable. I've had diamonds drop as follows:

There is no actual pattern; stick in there and keep collecting - they'll drop at some time. If this game teaches us anything, its patience!

The Doctor: 164744

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 17, 14 1:45 PM
Is anyone else not getting the coins? Each 3-4 drops it doesn't give me the coins.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 17, 14 2:05 PM
I very rarely lose coins on the drops now, maybe one in 50 times. I just make sure I'm not clicking on anything else when the coins are dropping, and that solves a lot of the problem.

medusa2468
Minnow
Minnow
275 Posts

[Post New]by medusa2468 on Jul 16, 14 1:43 PM
I lost gold from the flowers a handful of times and finally figured out why - at least for ME. I was rushing to leave to another area too soon.

I'd get the 5th flower and gold coins pop up in the middle before being credited, and I'd already be clicking to go to another area. No coins credited. I tested doing each a few times - being patient and let them credit - and not being patient and leaving right away. Sure enough, each time I rushed to leave I lost them. I now wait until they are credited and that issue is gone for me. Perhaps this will work for others.

Good luck!

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 22, 14 11:38 PM
Two times in a row I received a diamond (first was after 1030 flowers & second after 650 flowers). Immediately after collecting the next 5 flowers, I was given another diamond, but neither time did it add to my diamond count. Another little glitch.
I used to average a diamond about 1/271 flowers. Now it's up to around 1/353.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 23, 14 9:35 AM
I just got my 3rd diamond for collecting flowers since the update, or I would have if it dropped. Not a happy camper . Still, the 2 I did get is more than I've gotten for a while, so the diamond gods must be on my side for the moment.

Edited on 07/23/2014 at 9:36:19 AM PST

[Post New]by suz8405 on Aug 8, 14 3:28 PM
I keep collecting flowers, but when I check to see how many I have, I varies wildly. I can go from 65 to 44 in 15 minutes...how can I be going backwards? Then when I check again, it will be 50. I don't get it...

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Aug 9, 14 11:10 AM
suz8405 wrote:I keep collecting flowers, but when I check to see how many I have, I varies wildly. I can go from 65 to 44 in 15 minutes...how can I be going backwards? Then when I check again, it will be 50. I don't get it...

Suz,

Welcome to the forum! You may want to post this in the technical issues thread. Your right, somthing is wrong.

Good luck!

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 9, 14 11:23 AM
Suz, are you looking at the achievement for collecting X number of flowers in X amount of time? That would explain the fluctuations. There's no timer indication inside the game to know when your 30 or 60 minutes starts or ends. So if you check your count then the timer resets before you check your count again you could see that sudden decrease in number collected.

Check the count of total flowers collected, located in the list directly under you name and avatar on the achievements screen. (left side of the screen) You will have to scroll the list down a bit to see the flower collection count.

Hope this helps.

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Aug 9, 14 8:39 PM
I've been very very fortunate regarding flowers and receiving coins. I haven't had a non pay issue with my game but I did go through a VERY long dry spell where I didn't get any diamonds for over 2,000 collected. Since the update before last, if I concentrate on picking flowers in between HOG in every single scene, I've been receiving diamonds again at a rate of about 1-2 a day. I figure that's about 1 out 150 - 200 flowers. I really thank the diamond genie...the diamonds have come in handy when trying to complete these quests that want duplicates!

Happy questing,

rbsworld

I've probably just jinxed my game by the mere mention of how lucky I've been...

Edited on 08/09/2014 at 8:47:33 PM PST

judicuti
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Flowers

[Post New]by judicuti on Aug 9, 14 10:23 PM
I ust be really really stupid, but I don't ever see any flowers, where r they and also I don't get how to add friends, where do you find the codes? Any help appreciated.

Re:Flowers

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Aug 9, 14 11:04 PM
judicuti wrote:I ust be really really stupid, but I don't ever see any flowers, where r they and also I don't get how to add friends, where do you find the codes? Any help appreciated.

the flowers are in every location of the game (not the HOS though). They are camouflaged and they morph (fade in and out). Take a few minutes to look at the scene in front of you and look for movements. When you see the flowers click on them. For every 5 you find you get 10 coins. There are usually 3 in a scene when you first enter it. Some are easier to see than others.

In your social page there is a search area where you can put in codes or names to invite them to friend you. There is a thread on the forum with friend codes given by people who are looking to find friends. I always forget my friend code but if you want to add me to your friend list my name is Laura MI/USA.

[Post New]by WOODLAND1954 on Aug 23, 14 5:33 PM
I JUST THREE TODAY.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Aug 23, 14 5:39 PM
WOODLAND1954 wrote:I JUST THREE TODAY.

Nice! Congratulations!

Go to: