Traveler's Compass

[Post New]by bluecaz on Mar 18, 14 9:01 AM
Anyone else having real issues with the drop rate on the Travelers Compass at Black Bull?

I'm assuming they are hard to get hold of because only two exist in auction and they are expensive but honestly...

I'm up to the 5th Trophy so I've played 31 goes - and not got a single compass to use in a quest! And I need two!!

How on earth am I meant to finish this...

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Re:Traveler's Compass

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Mar 18, 14 9:55 AM
It took me a while, but I got them. Now I'm out of quests and just playing lots of Tri-Peaks to keep my cash up and upgrade the buildings.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 14 10:09 AM
Yes, the game is VERY[b] stingy when it comes to some items. It's the same issue with the snow globes, goblin book, gemshorn.

Some people call them rare items... but, it borders on ridiculous the amount that drop.

I've been done with the quests for awhile (including Yura) and have been playing the scenes to build up supplies.. still haven't received 1 goblin book.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Mar 19, 14 11:01 PM
I have gotten one compass. And since then have played that scene until I'm sick of it. It seems like the game has "intuition" on what you need. I have more snow globes than I will ever use, but am missing one item in that series that I can't seem to get no matter what. Go figure.

[Post New]by Dorothyc9 on Jul 6, 14 10:25 AM
Have played the HOS at Black Bull more than 8 times but it will not give me any traveler compasses. Anyone any idea how to get one without using precious crystals?

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 6, 14 10:47 AM
I'm thinking maybe we ought to replay HOSs over and over BEFORE we get any quests to find items there. I know I played Coral Cove a zillion times to try and get the lilies I needed, and as soon as the quest was over I was getting a bunch of them!

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 6, 14 10:50 AM
Dorothyc9 wrote:Have played the HOS at Black Bull more than 8 times but it will not give me any traveler compasses. Anyone any idea how to get one without using precious crystals?

I have been playing since mid-Feb, and I think in all that time, I have had 5 compasses drop all totaled, and I have master-trophied Black Bull long ago. Unfortunately, the odds on the drop for compasses are very very very low. You must "choose your own poison" if you will. Spend energy endlessly at Black Bull, with no idea of when you might get a "lucky" drop? Spend precious crystals? Or pay scalper prices at auction? You are not alone, by the way. We have all had to make that same choice as there have been several quests along the way asking for compasses.

[Post New]by donnarooty on Jul 6, 14 6:24 PM
I had 4 and was about to complete my quest where it required 5 traveler's set. When I upgraded on June 30th, all 4 just "disappeared". I have sent an email about the "technical glitch". If I don't get the 4 back, I too will be having a fire-sale of all my inventory and never ever again play a game from BoomZIp!

[Post New]by 12321342123 on Jul 7, 14 6:48 AM

[Post New]by donnarooty on Jul 6, 14 6:24 PM
I had 4 and was about to complete my quest where it required 5 traveler's set. When I upgraded on June 30th, all 4 just "disappeared". I have sent an email about the "technical glitch". If I don't get the 4 back, I too will be having a fire-sale of all my inventory and never ever again play a game from BoomZIp!

Antique road trip is much easier,try that

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Jul 19, 14 7:28 PM
I have tried for 3 days in a row, using all of my energy each day on Black Bull and have yet to get even 1 of the 2 Traveler's Compass I need for this timed mission. I bet when the mission is over, it will drop better. 3 days of the same location over and over and not 1 Traveler's Compass to show for it is ridiculous. I know some items are more rare, but that is just very unnecessarily hard.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 19, 14 9:54 PM
dylansmom1979 wrote:I have tried for 3 days in a row, using all of my energy each day on Black Bull and have yet to get even 1 of the 2 Traveler's Compass I need for this timed mission. I bet when the mission is over, it will drop better. 3 days of the same location over and over and not 1 Traveler's Compass to show for it is ridiculous. I know some items are more rare, but that is just very unnecessarily hard.

When really in a pinch, you can purchase a compass with either 4 or 6 crystals, can't remember which by clicking on the compass photo in your collections area, which will give you a menu of options...find auctions, auction item, or purchase item with crystals. Sadly, I've been forced to do that, as compasses are a VERY tough drop to get.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Jul 30, 14 3:57 PM
Hey Everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that this is happening with the drop rate for the Traveler's Compass. Talk about frustrating

We have let the developers know that this is happening and shared the information that you've listed here with them. We're hoping that this drop rate issue will be fixed by the time the next update is released.

bfgLianorm

Go to: