ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Unable to Connect to Server

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 14 6:16 PM
The new update was working great UNTIL... unable to connect to server popped. up. Anyone else having this issue?

batgirl25
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Unable to Connect to Server

[Post New]by batgirl25 on Mar 18, 14 6:18 PM
I am having the exact same problem...prior to that message popping up the social area still froze up and when changing between the HOS froze intermittently. I fail to see what "bug fixes" they corrected. Yet another mess.

Edited on 03/18/2014 at 6:19:05 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 18, 14 6:18 PM
yes, came here to let everyone know of update. played a few rounds to see if better and yes did get the find items 4/5 times but kept coming up unable to connect to server and had to quit. caution everyone. Hopefully, it is maybe where everyone is trying to download the update. I hope.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 18, 14 6:20 PM
Same here. I went into the game before I installed the update, played around a bit, all nice and peachy.

Then I installed the update, and now I get the "Cannot connect to Server" message coming up. Tried it 3x and didn't work. I should have just ignored the update: the game worked fine before.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 18, 14 6:23 PM
I don't think the update is making the game not connect, it is that the servers are busy with everyone downloading the update and trying to play.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Mar 18, 14 6:26 PM
I hope you are right Lizzie. Otherwise, it just puts the level of ridiculousness of the past few weeks with the game over the top. First the wait, then the freeze out, then the update, then the lock out again, and now this... unbelievable!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 18, 14 6:28 PM
LizzieK wrote:I don't think the update is making the game not connect, it is that the servers are busy with everyone downloading the update and trying to play.

I can't see that this is the case, because just 15 minutes before I installed the update, I was able to get into the game and stay in.

KittChaos
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by KittChaos on Mar 18, 14 6:29 PM
I was in the middle of an HOS when I got the unable to connect to server pop-up. I tried to reconnect several times, then gave up. I've downloaded the update and I'm eager to try it.

I bet the server will be back up shortly.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 18, 14 6:32 PM
KittChaos wrote:I was in the middle of an HOS when I got the unable to connect to server pop-up. I tried to reconnect several times, then gave up. I've downloaded the update and I'm eager to try it.

I bet the server will be back up shortly.

So you got the "unable to connect" BEFORE you installed the update? Hmmm... that's different then. I didn't get that message until I installed the update.

Maybe we are right this minute at a point where everyone here should just go to bed, so I can continue to play. LOL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 18, 14 6:36 PM
Oh good. I see you all took my advice and went to bed. I am now able to get back in again.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Mar 18, 14 6:53 PM
I didn't have any problems at all today, I think I will stay away from the update.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 18, 14 7:05 PM
Well, the server issue is a bit better for me now too... I get the connection to server problems many times, before the update too and I also think it has to do with the game server being loaded with players.
At least I managed to send out all my 5 gifts today without any problems... and finally got cat food from the airship. Hope these are all good signs and as for the server - all F2P's I play who demand server access give this problem a lot and I really hope it'll be fixed somehow someday as it is very annoying, especially when you have to retry over and over several times... and this game won't allow you to play at all if there's no connection! Annoying. But am getting to like it again, must admit...

Edited on 03/18/2014 at 7:07:01 PM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 18, 14 7:22 PM
I had a brief server connection issue just after the update was announced but I have been playing ever since with no problem. I think it depends on which server your game is on.

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Mar 18, 14 7:44 PM
i had the same issue about an hour ago but can get in now

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 18, 14 8:23 PM
LizzieK wrote:I had a brief server connection issue just after the update was announced but I have been playing ever since with no problem. I think it depends on which server your game is on.

What do you mean by which server our game is on? Like what? Operation system? Country we're from? How do you mean? (am curious to understand, thanks).

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Mar 19, 14 4:23 PM
I get this message all the time and I can not get gifts or add friends.I did the new update on Mar. 10th and since then I haven't been able to get into the SOCIAL area. I was one of the people that was locked out at level 18. I have sent the info to the tech people twice now as the 1st time I was told 48-72 hrs. When there was no fix after 72 hrs. I reported it again and got the same message.(AUTOMATED) I guess. I hope this problem is resolved soon.However I am able to play the game.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 4:27:07 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 19, 14 5:03 PM
I think the "Unable to Connect to Server" message is a hint for all of us to get back to the real world once in a while!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 19, 14 5:05 PM
I have just come from the real world and done all I need to do and I'm ready to play.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Mar 19, 14 5:06 PM
Yep mine is not connected as well.

Just checked and all three say the same.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 5:08:41 PM PST

bardcreek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by bardcreek on Mar 19, 14 5:15 PM
Ditto. Thanks for all the input. I'll just wait ...... I suppose I could clean house {shudder }

Go to: