"Day 9" Still Locked Out?

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

"Day 9" Still Locked Out?

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 19, 14 7:47 AM
There must be a reason BFG/Elephant why everyone is still not being connected, a little communication wouldn't go amiss.
Your customer service team (Taylor R) is absolutely fantastic and cannot be faulted in any way possible, this is down to BFG and the developers and it's the customer services operatives who are having to take the flak......Not Good Enough!

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

Re:"Day 9" Still Locked Out?

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 19, 14 8:33 AM
Don't despair guppies56. I think the devs might have more time to reset accounts now that they've put out the critical update to correct the Find. I think we still need our accounts reset manually and with this critical update out of the way, hopefully we will be back in very soon too. A friend of mine was reset this morning. I gave up hope yesterday before the update and created another user account on my computer and started over. I'm behind but my friends have been very supportive. Here's hoping everyone still locked out sees a reset in the next 48 hours. I was at level 19 and ready to open new areas. Hoping I get to do that very soon.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 19, 14 8:56 AM
Oh BFFirefly, I am getting so frustrated with them, pleased to hear a friend of yours was re-connected this morning at least it offers some hope.
I was near the end of level 17 when I got locked out, I only had two friends and one of those was 'Just John' didn't realise there was this forum. I took a punt at playing with numbers and sent some requests out, never got any replies so my guess is they too were locked out at the time and if any have accepted they must think i'm an ungracious cow by not even acknowledging them and sending gifts.......Sorry to all if you've been unlucky enough to accept 'Airam' (don't know my number).
Here's hoping BFFirefly we're very near the top of the list for re-connection

A Very Big Good Luck

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 19, 14 10:01 AM
Perhaps today. As BFFirefly mentioned, CS may have more time available now. I hit the wall at the end of level 18. Fortunately I had just removed all my gift requests so none of my friends should have been affected by my disappearance.

Feb 12: got midnightcastle.exe has stopped working.
Mar 10: downloaded update. problem with my save.
Mar 11: problem with my save.
Mar 12: problem with my save.
Mar 13: problem with my save.
Mar 14: problem with my save. notified Customer Support.
Mar 15: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 16: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 17: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 18: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.
Mar 18: updated Midnight Castle. problem with my save.
Mar 19: problem with my save. updated Customer Support.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 19, 14 10:23 AM
Unfortunately Temp, I realised today that customer services can't really help as this is down to the developer and the CS have no sway with the developers, they can only continue to put in your complaints and hope the developer takes notice.

I honestly can't fault the customer services and have been in touch with the same operative throughout, today he/she gave me a voucher for a for a game of my choice, however I declined the offer as this is not about wanting freebies but genuinely wanting to get back into the game, nevertheless I was appreciative and impressed and emailed back with many thanks despite declining the offer.

I think this is just a waiting game and will make a post each and every day until I am re-connected, in th hope of shaming BFG/Elephant/Developers, it probably won't have the desired effect but it sure as heck makes me feel better

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 19, 14 10:36 AM
guppies56,

Are you familiar withn using the PM (Private Messaging) here? It will be on the right side of the screen once you are logged in. Please check that as I am sending a PM with what I hope is your game ID to go with your name. Perhaps that will help by giving the devs and CS an ID number to focus on for reset.

ETA: The PM is sent. I hope it helps in some way.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 10:44:40 AM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 19, 14 10:49 AM
Hi guppies56,

I'm still awaiting the first response from CS...

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 19, 14 11:26 AM
I've got two glitched games that for some reason didn't get fully locked out. But I'm in the same boat for getting the saved game file repaired. In the end I just started a new game so I could keep the addiction alive. I've exchanged emails with Tech support and I'm guessing that I'm bottom of the pile. Just thought to share the fact that the new game is fine, runs great with no problems and that with the new air ship items it's actually better that I have a new game. You start out only needing 1 or 2 items of each for the early levels and so getting the "Oh Captain, My Captain" achievement was really easy.
I know it stinks to think of all the hard work and time you put into your original game, but once the old one has been fixed you'll have the new game to support it. (Or the other way around if the new game levels past the original.)
Just a thought.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 11:27:07 AM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 19, 14 11:39 AM
Hi,

Thanks. I'm filling my empty time with Dark Manor currently. Much more time consuming than MC. With MC I could finish the HO games and do a round of flower collection in about 16 minutes. DM has items that you can buy that produce resources needed in the game. These items are on short cycles - from 45 seconds to maybe around two minutes, but you have to click in order to receive the resources. No more time to watch TV episodes on the Internet.

Edited on 03/19/2014 at 11:41:08 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 19, 14 11:56 AM
Hi All,

I'm so sorry that many of you have still been unable to access your games

For those of you that are still getting that save data message, please contact our Tech Support Team using the blue link below with as much of your Midnight Castle account information as possible (Friend Code would be best). Our Reps can escalate your information to the developer to speed up the process.

Contact Us

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 19, 14 12:19 PM
I sent another request this morning..Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 20, 14 6:16 AM
I am back into my original game. I was so happy I almost cried. I just stared at the loaded up scene in wonder. I lost some Achievements but I don't care. All I ever wanted was to be playing it with my friends again.

Thank you BFG, CS, Mods and especially the Developers who reset my game.

Wishing everyone who were still locked out with me the very best of luck today!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 20, 14 7:51 AM
Finally...I was so happy to see that I am now able to access the game...Everything was there exactly like I left it more than a month ago..I hope that everyone will be able to play the game soon.

Edited on 03/20/2014 at 7:52:47 AM PST

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 20, 14 8:27 AM
Oh no, i'm still locked out!

I'm really happy for you both but as jealous as heck. After the umteenth ping i'm getting sick of trying, I think i'd have fallen off my chair had the game opened lol.
I can't even be bothered sending off another report to the tech department, it getting embarrassing.
Well done BFFirefly and Chipper, enjoy. The sun sure has it's hat on for you both
Please let it be my turn next

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 20, 14 8:42 AM
Keep at it guppies56. Maybe my sending CS my player name and friend ID code on the 17th is what helped get me back in today. You didn't have your friend code until yesterday to include. Don't give up yet please.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 20, 14 8:51 AM
Awww, thank you BFFirefly, i've just sent another tech report (i'm blushing at the thought of it) they must be sick of seeing my name.
At least thanks to you i've been able to send my id for the second time, such a gigantic thank you for that BFFirefly, fingers crossed that tomorrow is my day, meanwhile enjoy where you left off, sorry it wasn't all as you left it but you don't sound too dismayed at that.........Happy playing

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 20, 14 9:59 AM
Good for you guppies56! I'm sure it must be very soon for you too. They have your friend code ID and player name now. That should help you and them get you back in and playing.

I lost all my HO scores too and have to start them over from scratch again and I still don't care. Have to repay to open 2 areas and weighing whether I want to. I disliked the Dice game before and that Fortune Wheel hates me. I never got anything good from it and spent more money on it then it ever returned. Not even a lowly egg on a occasion. I may just leave them locked and move on.

I will keep my fingers and toes crossed you are back in and playing in the next 24 hours. Good Luck and remember that the developers resetting your game from their server are not located in the US but in another country. Take into account the time difference. For me, the devs are a number of hours ahead. So what may be day to me is night to them and visa versa. You could perhaps see a change tomorrow, if CS is able to get to your emails quickly and forwards your player info to the devs.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Mar 20, 14 1:07 PM
Hehehehe, your luck sounds just like mine, i've never won a darned thing on the wheel of fortune that was of any use, oh I lie, I did get a diamond one time but don't even remember seeing an egg let alone get an egg, and I spun and spun.

The Dragon saw me coming when I went to play dice, I do believe he had a personal vendetta against me the way he took my money, but the Troll had a soft spot for me lol, perhaps I should set the Troll on the developers (He's actually quite handsome for a Troll).

I'll be back tomorrow to tell everyone i'm back in the castle, I hope you'll let me add you as a friend (when the day finally arrives).

Happy playing and good luck on the wheel (don't lose too much).

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 20, 14 6:15 PM
Some good news for me.

Yesterday, March 19, late at night I took bfgWendwater's advice and, since I had received no response from Customer Service for several days, opened a second incident. I'm still locked out today, but mid-afternoon I got an email from CS concerning the second incident and stating that my Friend Code has now been sent to the developers. Things are looking up. Since I have had to open a second incident twice now (for different products), I have asked CS some questions concerning what I could do to get my problems handled more quickly. If any of the answers are pertinent, I'll post them here.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 20, 14 7:41 PM
Good luck guppie and tech..Fingers crossed for both of you..

Go to: