stuck in first scene

[Post New]by thehairpinner on Mar 19, 14 4:19 PM
I can't even make it past the first scene in the newspaper office. When I walk to the right-hand part of the office I can't move anywhere and am stuck there. what should i do?? Is this a game issue?

Re:stuck in first scene

[Post New]by Stamie78 on Mar 29, 14 1:16 AM
i have the same problem, i unistalled and reinstalled, tried different screen resolutions and updated everything on my mac but the problem was not solved.

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 29, 14 3:35 AM
I've never heard that anyone was having that kind of problem. If you don't collect everything, absolutely everything in the office from the left right and center you will not be able to exit to the train station. Here is what you have to collect.

After you talk to your boss you have a few things to find: The first scene is looking at your desk. To the left under the blue chair is the ticket. Behind the desk are three items, The Ink Pen, under the desk, the Wallet, which is actually a coin purse in the drawer and the brown Notebook, partially hidden under the chair. Go back out to the center of the room and turn left. Three items here are the Sandwich, upper left behind photo, Dictaphone, inside cabinet that is partially open and Camera, under the chair. Then go right twice and take the Lemonade that looks like orange soda, the Microphone bottom of closet door and ID card behind picture frame to left. You can talk to the person about her socks and you can pick up the socks and put them in a drawer.

[Post New]by Stamie78 on Mar 29, 14 6:17 AM
thank you heatherington for taking the time to answer but unfortunately my problem is that when i walk into the right-hand screen navigation is disabled (i move the cursor to the left part of the screen and the shoes that indicate that i can walk to the other area do not appear, so i cannot go back to the desk area). Also, i cannot look behind the desk and i cannot speak to the person.

Edit: i just found that another person is having the same problem...and it seems that this is a problem that appeared lately (all three of us having the problem have installed the game the last ten days so i'm guessing this is an updated version and the developers have missed something)
"[Post New]by credenza on Mar 18, 14 12:52 PM
Cannot get out of first scene to get behind my desk to find pen wallet and notebook. Can't get woman with dirty socks to talk. Have downloaded this game twice and I still can't get past first game. Help!"

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 6:41:37 AM PST

[Post New]by Stamie78 on Apr 9, 14 9:04 AM
i tried playing with a mouse (instead of the trackpad) and the problem was partly solved. The arrows now appear as white boxes but at least the game is playable

[Post New]by brilliantmistake on May 25, 14 12:02 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Can' t go behind desk, can't go back from right hand scene where the water cooler is. Must be a game issue.

[Post New]by cole51 on Jun 26, 14 12:26 PM
I have found the same issue. Frustrating. Big Fish....what's up with this?

[Post New]by slh008 on Jul 25, 14 11:11 AM
I am having the same problem! I cannot go back once i am in the right hand scene. I cannot talk to the person and I cannot look behind the desk. Pretty frustrating for the beginning of the game!

[Post New]by IPickYellow on Aug 27, 14 8:22 PM
This may be the problem.

I have had this game awhile and played it before. LOVED it!

Thought I'd play it again. But now I'm having the same problem as all of you.

I think it's a Mavericks issue, since that's the only difference between now and then. Do all of you have Mavericks OS?

Please post and let me know if any of you have found that it's something else.

[Post New]by pharm77 on Sep 15, 14 11:01 AM
I have also played this game before, loved it, and completed it. I got a new laptop and wanted to play again. Unfortunately, I am having the same issue with not going behind the desk, not speaking to the person, and not being able to return once I am in the right section of the office. I do have 10.9.4 running on my Mac laptop.

[Post New]by heatherington on Oct 13, 14 6:34 AM
Sometimes these game just crap out after a few years. Don't know why. It was just fine when it was first released, then it gets to the point that you can't even download it anymore. It's like the game loses its cohesiveness.

[Post New]by moniraq on Oct 21, 14 12:32 PM
Same issue. Has anyone had any luck fixing this? I'd like to play this game as it sounds like fun! I'm running 10.9.5 on my Mac.

Edited on 10/21/2014 at 12:32:43 PM PST

[Post New]by jimmy303 on Nov 30, 14 9:41 AM
Same problem for me. Just bought a mac running 10.10.1 Yosemite and thought that I would buy a game. It did not say that it was not compatible with this operating system. How do I get a refund if this problem cannot be fixed?

[Post New]by heatherington on Dec 2, 14 8:01 AM
I have found that usually when a game is more than two years old it starts to die. They don't make them to last long. They start getting corrupt and developing problems. I guess I'm lucky I got in at the beginning and mastered it by writing down everything I did, otherwise if you try to play this game without making notes, you will just get too frustrated.

[Post New]by ljones1 on Jan 24, 15 6:28 AM
Me too. Just purchased this and can't even get through the first scene. No responses from Big Fish?????

bevy814
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by bevy814 on Feb 10, 15 5:59 PM
I'm having the same problem. The feet disappear when I go to the far right screen and I end up stuck. I can't get behind the desk because the Feet don't even show up.
I purchased this game 02/09/15, and yes I uninstalled it and reinstalled it.
Does anyone know what's going on??

[Post New]by adibenedetto on Apr 8, 15 8:19 PM
I am having the same problem described by the other posters. Running OS X Yosemite. Really an unacceptable start to what I was hoping would be an excellent game.

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 9, 15 1:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are experiencing the same issue with the game. Since this is a tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread in order to keep this forum tidy. However, you can definitely re-post in the following thread:

Post any City of Fools technical issues here only

If you'd like, you're also welcome to contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: