Achievements

[Post New]by SabineEden on Mar 19, 14 9:03 PM
Just an FYI: To get the Professor's Cap achievement, it appears that you have to use the hint once, so that the game can "tutor" you about recharging hints. Couldn't figure out why I didn't get the achievement on my first playthrough, but that was because I was trying to get the achievements where you didn't use hints. After using the hint, I got the achievement.

UPDATE: Don't catch the wisp as soon as it comes on screen to get the achievement. You have to wait until a window pops up telling you about wisps. The hint you use does not have to be in an HOP, but it has to actually use up the hint timer, or it won't trigger a wisp to show up. If you ask for a hint and it just points you in a direction, that won't do it. I used one to show me what inventory item to use get past an obstacle.

Edited on 03/20/2014 at 12:46:55 AM PST

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Achievements

[Post New]by gpj53 on Mar 22, 14 7:48 PM
Thank you that solves that mystery. Now who can solve the mystery of me managing to collect all the pumpkins on the second round through the game and not getting the platinum shield. Was it because I didn't do it first up?

[Post New]by CherylParker on Mar 26, 14 7:14 PM
I haven't gotten the platinum shield either I played twice. I know I got all 45 pumpkins both times. I remember the first time I played when I got 35 pumpkins it gave me the silver shield for collecting half the pumpkins. I haven't played the bonus chapter yet so maybe there are some pumpkins there. has anyone gotten the platinum shield?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 30, 14 7:00 PM
CherylParker wrote:I haven't gotten the platinum shield either I played twice. I know I got all 45 pumpkins both times. I remember the first time I played when I got 35 pumpkins it gave me the silver shield for collecting half the pumpkins. I haven't played the bonus chapter yet so maybe there are some pumpkins there. has anyone gotten the platinum shield?

I know for a fact that I got all 45 pumpkins and I didn't get the platinum shield either. I played the bonus game and there are no pumpkins in it, so 45 is the max.

BTW, I gently moved the scorpion aside and didn't get that achievement, either, nor did it say I got the one for killing it. I just got no achievement for the scorpion, period. So, I guess the achievements are glitchy.

I was one of those people that had all sorts of loading problems, choppy video, floaty cursor, etc. I was able to finish the game, but it was so annoying playing it that I probably won't ever play it again to get the rest of the achievements. And I'm an achievementaholic! I HAVE to have them all, so that tells you how bad the gameplay was for me. Too bad, because I was really enjoying the plot, the music, and the atmosphere. I even enjoyed the graphics, when they worked.

Go to: