Post your REVIEWS for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 21, 14 12:34 AM
A thread to post your reviews for this game!

Edited on 03/21/2014 at 8:49:57 AM PST

Re:Post your REVIEWS for Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio here

[Post New]by lennytring on Mar 21, 14 4:53 AM
I Beta tested this game a few weeks ago and have been looking out for the SE ever since!

Lovely graphics, great game play and an intriguing story.

This is one of many games I have tested but the first one I have actively looked out for in order to buy it!

Edited on 03/21/2014 at 4:54:40 AM PST

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 21, 14 6:47 AM
The story is Phantom of the Opera retold in a ballet setting. but in this retelling, the "phantom" actually is a phantom -- a ghost, that is. There are several other ghosts to help you along the way to rescuing your sister. Unfortunately, there's nothing truly macabre going on.

There are four difficulty settings, including custom, which I always appreciate, but I was unable to find a combination that exactly suited me. I either got too much help or not enough.

Everything here has been done before. I felt like I'd played the same game many times. You are looking for all the same items in the HOGs and solving all the same puzzles that you've solved before, and needing all the same items to open a door or look behind a painting. I guess there are only so many ways to create a HOPA before it becomes so entirely different and challenging that it turns people off. At least there's no helpful furry creature in this one.

I would recommend this as a game for beginners. If there had been a little more challenge and creativity, I would have liked it much better, but I'm going to have to pass.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 21, 14 8:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for starting the reviews thread pondprowler!

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Danse Macabre: The Last Adagio.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Mar 21, 14 9:21 AM
Here we go again with over the moon ratings for a mediocre, rehashed game at best!!! I just don't understand how this game deserved these ratings.

Same old kidnapped mortal with ghost intervention story. Excuse me while I yawn.

Color/graphics are good but the characters & their mouth movements are quite odd.

Same old itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny junk pile HOG's. Nothing new/exciting with the mini games. I found one collectable quite by accident. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme/reason to them.

Scenes moved very slowly & the map could have been better.

The devs need to take the "Pix" out of their "Ei" to see more clearly & develop new games & just not reconfigure old ones that have already been played to death.

Give the demo a whirl. Who knows it just might float YOUR boat!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 21, 14 6:31 PM
I suppose there must have been a CE to this game at one time since the ending, although it did seem to end was pretty quick and abrupt. Hard to say how I feel about this game. It was a long one, but I found myself getting annoyed and looking forward to an end. Hard to put my finger on why, but there were some things that made it irritating to me.

Because there were so many areas the transporter map was broken up into pieces and at times was not really clear just where to go...it got a bit confusing and frustrating. There were a lot of HOS which switch from sillouette to hidden object that were only somewhat interactive. You could switch to another game if you chose to. A lot of running around which got old.

Mini games/puzzles were old style with a new take on them...some were doable others were tedious...both Hint and Skip refreshed quickly so you could move on if you desired to.

I had to lower the awful voice-overs. There were a lot of cut-scenes and narrative which you could click through if you read faster than they were speaking...

I didn't have any technical issues except the game felt "sticky" at times..trying to grab an object of the inventory bar was difficult as you had to wait for the little hand to appear and it was a bit slow...same for picking up things in the scene and you had to click on the exact spot to get somethings to work...annoying.

The inventory was interactive and the bar did lock down. Story was OK...almost a hint of Phantom of the Opera there only with ballet.

Graphics, color and annimations were very good. I'd have to give this game a 3- out of 5...it was OK, but I was kind of glad it was over.

Edited on 03/21/2014 at 6:33:25 PM PST

Go to: