getting the ankh

[Post New]by jaraivy1 on Mar 21, 14 12:46 PM
the ankh is one of the final things needed to finish the game. apparently you have to play a mini game in the hallway upstairs in the castle a little box of sorts. you're supposed to get the answer to the game in the chapel in one of the crypts. will I have it, it's even in my notes, but the game is saying that I don't therefore I cannot get the ankh, and lastly I cannot finish the game. anyone else have this problem?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:getting the ankh

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 23, 14 10:03 AM
**CONTAINS SPOILERS!**

Are you using the correct combination? There are several that look similar. The one you need has:
1) upper left - symbol looks like a fish standing on its tail
2) bottom - symbol looks like a pine tree
3) upper right - symbol looks like the sun with only 4 rays

If you don't have that combo in your journal, then you need to go find it.

If you do, the you've found a glitch and you'll probably have to replay. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling first, though. Sometimes that clears up small glitches. Your saved game will still be there when you reinstall and you can try it again. Good luck!

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 10:12:03 AM PST

getting the ankh

[Post New]by lioness1390 on Mar 24, 14 3:16 PM
jaraivy1 wrote:the ankh is one of the final things needed to finish the game. apparently you have to play a mini game in the hallway upstairs in the castle a little box of sorts. you're supposed to get the answer to the game in the chapel in one of the crypts. will I have it, it's even in my notes, but the game is saying that I don't therefore I cannot get the ankh, and lastly I cannot finish the game. anyone else have this problem?

Me too...tried the suggestion of reinstalling and that did not work...I shouldn't have to replay...besides my luck I would have the same problem. Any help here???

[Post New]by ladybaskets on Mar 25, 14 11:54 AM
I have the correct symbols in my diary; but the 3 silver balls won't move on the box to change the symbols. I guess that's because the game doesn't think I have the right symbols, but I do. Uninstalled, re-installed, still no luck. I waded thru this game with all its little problems but would like to finish. I have the 2 flasks and still the matches, but not the ankh. Help!

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 12:32:00 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Apr 6, 14 10:04 AM
One other I noticed about this game:

This game will NOT let you do something out of the order they think is logical. I can't tell you how many times I tried to get into the police van and I was using the correct tool. But the game will not let you open the van until after you open the compartment on the van to the left of the lock. Once you do that, you can get into the van.

So, it may be that there is something else you HAVE to do before the box will open. I had forgotten until now, but I do remember not being able to open that box, even with the correct combination, until I did something else. I think it was a HOS I'd missed. I almost never use the maps in games, but in this one I ended up using the map a lot. It seemed like HOSs would just pop up all over in illogical places whenever I couldn't seem to move forward.

Go to: