basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

cannot connect to server

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 21, 14 6:10 PM
I just got kicked out of one of my games in the middle of crafting and says cannot connect to server in all my games. is anyone else having same problem or is there a maintenance notice or something that I do not know about? Will wait a few before posting to techs.

Re:cannot connect to server

[Post New]by Colleen_Andrews on Mar 21, 14 6:16 PM
YES, YES, YES....I am having the exact same problem. I also cannot get gifts or add friends. It is pi**ing me off.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 21, 14 6:22 PM
Hi Basmith12 & Colleen_Andrews

Me too, the games way of telling me to have a coffee break, vacuum the floor & put a load in the washing machine.

I prefer to chat in the forums rather than the above, except for the coffe

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Mar 21, 14 6:48 PM
Same problem here. This has been an issue for me for some time. I thought the last update would fix this as there were so many complaints about it. But it still happens to me ALL the time! I can sit for 5 or 10 minutes clicking on the "Retry" before it finally kicks in again. Very annoying!!!!!

Think I'll take your advice AnnaDownes01 and take a coffee break when this happens. Unless it's cocktail hour (and it always is some where in the world )

Shilo

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 21, 14 6:55 PM
I just got back in. checked and able to get in all three games. Hoping everyone else is back in!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 21, 14 7:00 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:Hi Basmith12 & Colleen_Andrews

Me too, the games way of telling me to have a coffee break, vacuum the floor & put a load in the washing machine.

I prefer to chat in the forums rather than the above, except for the coffe

I am back in as posted and yes, you are probably right, telling me to take a potty break. I have tried putting eggs in all my wish list for last two days before spinning the wheel as I had never had an egg on my wheel before this and have had eggs on at least two of three wheels each day so far and was about two minutes before spinning free spin and got kicked off! I freaked. Don't know why I got so excited, using all my coins to try and get eggs that I will not be able to hatch forever but sure is fun trying. Hope everyone else is back on. Happy gaming!

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Mar 22, 14 8:22 AM
well just go kicked again. Just checking to see if anyone else is having same problem. Probably everyone LOVING this game and playing. Hope everyone else is still in. See you in the castle if I can get the door to open.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 22, 14 9:02 AM
One problem that can cause the server message is that there are just too many people playing. For those who may not know, the server is the central game computer, at BigFish or Elephant, or Saturn for all we know. No matter how big one is, there are limits to how many people can get onto it at the same time. With over 200,000 players registered they may just not have space for everyone at peak playing times (like the weekend). Whether you can connect can change quickly if more players log off than log on.

Another problem is that there may be problems with the server itself. It may be hit by a power surge or weather issues, or whoever is responsible for connecting that to the internet may have slowed things down. (In the US, the phone company is notorious for giving certain businesses higher priority over the wires than private users, for example.)

I had the server message yesterday and it turned out to be my own internet service provider disconnecting for 10 min or so. They can also be the cause of slowdowns in gameplay. Hope this gives a little more perspective on this annoying problem.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 22, 14 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

I apologize for the connection issues you've been having with the game and thanks for making us aware of the problem through your posts

If this is still happening, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can troubleshoot the problem to help discover the source of the problem.

Thank you and I hope this gets resolved quickly.

bfgWendwater

Edited on 03/22/2014 at 10:17:41 AM PST

Go to: