temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

Too Many Stickies/Announcements?

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 23, 14 2:57 PM
I have come to enjoy looking at Page 1 for the current discussions and other info. I've learned much that I didn't know that I didn't know. I'm probably not typical, but the only times that I go to additional pages is discover the current status of guppies56's travails.

I know that the stickies and announcements are important, but I'd like to see more than just five current discussions on page 1.

Am I unreasonable? How do others feel?

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Too Many Stickies/Announcements?

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 23, 14 3:05 PM
I totally agree - and many on the same subject. It seems to have breed like a rabbit overnight.

SARAHBEE
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by SARAHBEE on Mar 23, 14 3:05 PM
I have been thinking the very same thing throughout today, I know there will be new players joining the forum all the time but do we still need the announcement for 10.03 update as new players should automatically have this and possibly even the one for the mini fix of 19.03

Sarah

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 23, 14 5:30 PM
Too many stuff with stickies and a few important stuff without any. I've been trying to find a post about items and the amount of coins you can sell them for - can't find it anywhere! Now that could actually use a sticky! Where is it?? I don't need to know which areas are available at each screen - seriously!

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 23, 14 5:33 PM
efi24 wrote:Too many stuff with stickies and a few important stuff without any. I've been trying to find a post about items and the amount of coins you can sell them for - can't find it anywhere! Now that could actually use a sticky! Where is it?? I don't need to know which areas are available at each screen - seriously!

It's in the sticky thread titled Midnight Castle Strategy Guide...about halfway down on the first page. The list is truly one of the best resources to have!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 23, 14 5:40 PM
awalkinglady wrote:
efi24 wrote:Too many stuff with stickies and a few important stuff without any. I've been trying to find a post about items and the amount of coins you can sell them for - can't find it anywhere! Now that could actually use a sticky! Where is it?? I don't need to know which areas are available at each screen - seriously!

It's in the sticky thread titled Midnight Castle Strategy Guide...about halfway down on the first page. The list is truly one of the best resources to have!

Thanks!! On my way to look for it

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 23, 14 5:46 PM
I am trying to collect as much useful information as I can find into the Strategy Guide. So that most of the questions that pop up in the forums can be found there. Anytime there is a new game specific question that hasn't been covered yet in the guide, I add it. Since I haven't gotten as far as the level 19+ quests most of the information is for the earlier levels. But as my game progresses I am adding more and more quest data. I hope that players will find the information useful. Thank you to everyone who has added to the knowledge pool!

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 23, 14 5:54 PM
lady_sabelle wrote:I am trying to collect as much useful information as I can find into the Strategy Guide. So that most of the questions that pop up in the forums can be found there. Anytime there is a new game specific question that hasn't been covered yet in the guide, I add it. Since I haven't gotten as far as the level 19+ quests most of the information is for the earlier levels. But as my game progresses I am adding more and more quest data. I hope that players will find the information useful. Thank you to everyone who has added to the knowledge pool!

This definitely has very valuable information...

Lady..since it seems so many people have trouble seeing The Guide in the Sticky area..can you make changes to the Title of the Post..I was thinking if you added a few ##### to the beginning and end or something to make it stand out. Just a thought...

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 23, 14 6:00 PM
Do you think that "Midnight Castle Game Guide" or "MC Complete Guide" would be better than calling it a Strategy Guide? I personally hate all caps so I only use them to call out a word or two for emphasis. Which is why the title isn't in caps.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 14 6:03 PM
I think game guide would work. Can you change the color or font to make it stand out more?

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 23, 14 6:09 PM
Lady

I like the original name...but perhaps if you just added "Complete" would actually be a much better description....

#####Midnight Castle Complete Strategy Guide#####

###Answers to all your ???'s Midnight Castle Complete Strategy Guide###

Just some examples and yes if you could make it red would help...but I have no idea if you can do that..but you could try

Can you tell I am bored just waiting for HOS recharge..LOL

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 23, 14 6:16 PM
Here here!
Thank you lady_sablelle and all others for all your amazing efforts and again, awalkinglady thanks for pointing me at the right direction! There's some priceless info in there - very helpful!
And kinda easy to miss between all those stickies, unfortunately yes...

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 23, 14 6:20 PM
So I wasn't able to change color or font size of the title. But does the new name stand out more?

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 23, 14 6:24 PM
I like it. Any way to center the second line?

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Mar 23, 14 6:28 PM
Not without more ****.
The formatting of forum posts takes out all extra spaces. That is why the crafting section of the guide has the ..... between all the numbers. So they aren't all crowded together.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 23, 14 6:34 PM
I don't think * on the second line would enhance it. Perhaps some filler: (Basic Information, Tutorials and Walkthroughs)? Something that lines up well with the character count on the first line.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Mar 23, 14 6:34 PM
I think that looks great Lady...for sure stands out now imo

Thanks..be easier to find even for all of us that knew it was there too.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 23, 14 6:35 PM
I remember the days of non-proportional fonts. Alignment was *much* easier.

Edited on 03/23/2014 at 6:35:53 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 23, 14 8:46 PM
Great changes to the title of the thread....it really does stand out much better now!!

Go to: