deanery4
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

stuff going crazy

[Post New]by deanery4 on Mar 23, 14 7:50 PM
Things are a little weird at my manor today. My Shaman is flying around in circles , and my tunnel of love swan is racing sideways on the grounds. It's pretty funny, but I'm guessing it's glitchy because one of my paths is overlapping a tesla coil and even when I take it away and put it back it still won't sit nicely. I expect things will return to normal soon . Anyone else have any weird goings on?

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

Re:stuff going crazy

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Mar 23, 14 8:00 PM
have you been redecorating? That's usually when weird things happen at my manor. The security eye goes wild, and there is a ghost in the carnival float who really floats ....

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Mar 23, 14 8:17 PM
I've read (and written) comments about such things. Only two spots come to mind right now....try this forum, page 4 and read Magic in the air! and April Fools came early!
Hope this helps

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 23, 14 11:41 PM
Hi deanery4.

I've had the overlapping problem too. I move my ??? attractions around every once in while and there's always one area that's weird. When there are two ??? on the right side of the entrance up against the mansion and a third is placed directly in front of the one on the right, the front of the rear ??? appears to overlap the back of the front one. Walkers temporarily disappear or look like they go under a flap.

Took a screen shot and sent it off to CS only to have to cancel when the problem disappeared three or four hours later. I like it when games can heal themselves.

Took mywildirishrose's suggest and re-read the two discussions on page 4. I always thought that my cat (black with a white belt), Sparky, was just acting normal. Every once in a while there will be a couple of sparks and he'll disappear for a while. Sometime later there's a few more sparks and he'll be back. Sometimes I'll only know that he's there because the attractions are being tripped or there's a JuJu Hat floating around by itself.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

stuff going crazy

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 24, 14 4:20 AM
deanery4 wrote:Things are a little weird at my manor today. My Shaman is flying around in circles , and my tunnel of love swan is racing sideways on the grounds. It's pretty funny, but I'm guessing it's glitchy because one of my paths is overlapping a tesla coil and even when I take it away and put it back it still won't sit nicely. I expect things will return to normal soon . Anyone else have any weird goings on?

Certain items start flying when you move things around.To fix this you just have to go to the main menu and return. It usually suffices. If not, exit the game and return.

The overlapping path is a different issue that appeared a couple of months ago for which there is no remedy- it must be fixed by the DM team. They are working on it, along with a host of other, more imporant glitches.

[Post New]by quilteddawg on Mar 24, 14 9:42 AM
Things got real crazy at my place. Not only did my manor disappear, my whole ID disappeared off my PC. My first manor was through BFG. That one's fine. My second manor was also through BFG but in a second identity on my PC. Second email addy, the whole bit. Yesterday morning I started up to play my games and my second ID was totally gone (along with my second manor!). This just sounded like a PC problem to me but I can't figure out how to get back to that ID. I know it's in here. When I go into Control Panel/Users it's gone from there too. Can someone give me a hint as to where to look?

[Post New]by quilteddawg on Mar 24, 14 11:05 AM
Update........I went back into Control Panel/Users and reinstated the "Guest" button just to see if I could go back into BFG and retrieve my second manor. Ha! Now I have a third manor! I miss my second manor and that fancy sidewalk I built. I'm confused. I've left a message with CS so we'll see what happens.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Mar 24, 14 12:06 PM
quilteddawg wrote:my second ID was totally gone (along with my second manor!). This just sounded like a PC problem to me but I can't figure out how to get back to that ID. I know it's in here.

quilteddawg
It appears someone removed your 2nd user....When removing a user, there is a choice to keep the user's data or delete it also. If the 2nd users data was deleted you will have to go through CS. If the 2nd user's data was not deleted, then you may have the ability to recover for yourself.

The following steps from DM 101 will get you to the data if it exists.

1. Step 1...Show hidden folders

Press the buttons "Home (Windows symbol)"+ "x" on your keyboard, or hover over the bottom left corner of the screen and Right-click. From this menu select ‘File Explorer’

Click 'View' at the top of the window, click on ‘Options’ and go to "Folder and search options"

From the 'View' tab make sure the dot next to "Show hidden files and folders" is selected and click OK to exit

Step2.
Next, navigate to the following location in that same window you've opened
C:\Users\%USERNAME %\AppData\Roaming\DarkManor
where USERNAME is the missing user id.

If you can find this file, DO NOT create a 2nd user profile on your pc with the same name. Doing that may wipe out the data.

Happy Hunting

Edited on 03/24/2014 at 12:08:32 PM PST

[Post New]by quilteddawg on Mar 24, 14 9:19 PM
Thank you Trix. I think I did this right, then got the message that the "Username" cannot be found. I'm losing hope for my second manor. CS has my problem in line. We'll see if they can somehow send it all back my way.

P.S. I went back into Users to re-establish that ID and it said that it already exists. It's in here. I'll just wait to see what CS says.

suetyler
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by suetyler on Mar 25, 14 1:14 AM
I thought the swami was SUPPOSED to fly around. He's been doing it since the beginning, at my manor.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on Mar 25, 14 3:35 AM
The swami is supposed to go up and down over his bed of nails.
The problem comes in when he starts going back and forth or in large circular motions, not just up and down. I guess he got a little too close to the nails and pierced his **** or something. It's funny to watch but it usually comes along with game crashes.
I find some of these glitches to be quite entertaining!

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Mar 25, 14 4:03 AM
I agree. glitches like these that put a smile on our face can be the very last on the list of things to fix.. And can continue to be bumped to the bottom of the pile as other things crop up.

Go to: