LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

The dreaded Bow Figurine – how many times we have to go there

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 23, 14 8:35 PM
We first meet the dreaded Bow Figurine in Level 21 when Skull Pete asks us for the Claws of the West. By the time I finished that quest I thought I would never want to play this game again. I never want to go to the Bow Figurine again.

Unfortunately we do meet again when the Keeper of the Castle asks us to do some tasks for the Wise Dragon. The Dragon asks for the Cube of Fortune and we have to go to the Bow Figurine and Six Paws to craft it.

Then we do some tasks for the Lord Chamberlain and although we don’t go to the Bow Figurine we do have to go to Six Paws.

Next we are off to help Skull Pete and he sends us to the Bow Figurine to get the Wind of Change.

Then it is the Innkeeper’s turn and he gives us a real workout. His first quest for us is to get the Warlocks Ritual from the Bow Figurine . Then when we have barely caught our breath, we are sent to Six Paws again.

Update:
At this point you are sent to the Witch to do 4 quests. The first quest is to craft the Eternal Light and one of the items you need is Warlocks Ritual from the Bow Figurine.

Then you craft some potions that are not too difficult:
Orb of Moonlight
Blood Flow Potion
Harmful Poison
Purifying Fire
Flask of Miracles
Bucket of Full Moon

Unfortunately the last potion in quest 4 is Monster of Dawn and quess what? You need the Claws of the West from the Bow Figurine.
Don't you just love it!

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 2:56:21 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:The dreaded Bow Figurine – how many times we have to go there

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 23, 14 8:57 PM
OMG....the developers evidently really wanted to slow players down drastically. I was so glad to get past the Bow Figurine the first time I completed it....until I met the Dragon who sent me to that hellish spot again! And to think that two other characters will be sending us there as well....it totally boggles my mind as there is no easy way to do the Bow Figurine. You just have to plow through it...and accept the fact that this is simply a sadistic spot caused by a fire breathing creature at the Bow of the ship. Thanks for the heads up (I think), LizzieK!!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Mar 23, 14 9:30 PM
Now you two have got me intrigued regarding this bow figurine. What is the "hellish" part of it? I'm nowhere near your level so I know I'll get to know it very well, for better or worse, but is it hellish because you have to go there so often? Just wondering here.

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 23, 14 9:39 PM
The "dreaded" part is that it takes 21 crafted items to complete one bow figuring, along with lot of money, time and resources.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 24, 14 4:32 AM
And you may feel like you are going round in circles creating the same items over and over....and getting nowhere! Trying to follow the find paths is a joke since they go through 4 or 5 levels of crafting. Once you get to it in your game, you'll understand. The Bow Figurine is NOT for sissies!

Edited on 03/24/2014 at 4:33:04 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 24, 14 4:39 AM
Do you think it could have been a person with some sort of personality disorder who designed it, or someone with a grudge against humanity in general? I don't like the sound of it at all and can only admire you folks who have been through this dreadful torture. Well done!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 24, 14 6:15 AM
Reading LizzieK's post makes me want to chuck it all in and be done with. I am still only at the point where I have to get that Claws of the West necklace, and that by itself is one heck of a long and painful journey.

In fact, I am not at all keen on any of the items at Mirror Lake: the Guns (Pirate Standard), and the Bag are a pain in the neck to do, and they have to be done repeatedly. I am actually slowly beginning to get bored with the game as well as frustrated.

If there is one thing that drives me away from a game, it's repetition. Elephant Games' Found is like that: repeats, repeats, repeats. Just can't be bothered with it. The game has to be fun, and as long you can do different scenes, it's OK when they repeat themselves, but not being stuck in just the same scene over and over for all the different quests.

OK, that's me finished with the moans. LOL

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 24, 14 10:58 AM
Valdy,

Each time you have to go to the Bow Figurine, no matter what you have to get from it, the process is the same. You have to craft the same multiple layers of items.

I hope the developers don't have anything like this in the next update.

Edited on 03/24/2014 at 11:01:21 AM PST

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Mar 24, 14 11:23 AM
Excuse me for LOL.....i am soooo thinking the exact same....darn it..those folks haveta know we lack patience.. rush to the top & to the finish..then play it again in much more relaxed state of being..

meanwhile... i have a trick/tip...open your bag of stuff.....look for the "AIR BAG" items you should see a air bag icon at the bottom of each item..cash in those items to yourself...along with all that "PET" food..

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 24, 14 12:01 PM
gripes wrote:meanwhile... i have a trick/tip...open your bag of stuff.....look for the "AIR BAG" items you should see a air bag icon at the bottom of each item..cash in those items to yourself...along with all that "PET" food..

This is off topic but it is posted above so I will answer it.
If you cash in your "air bag" items from your inventory instead of using them in the Airship you lose out on the Stamps and Pet Food the Airship gives you and the achievement points. When you Pack & Send the Airship the amount of the coins the items represent goes into your coins total at the top. You get the same amount of coins from the items when you send the Airship as if you sold your inventory.

Edited on 03/24/2014 at 12:04:21 PM PST

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 24, 14 1:09 PM
You actually get used to the crafting and soul destroyer (oops - soul selector) and bow of death (opps - figurine) after a while. Just take it step by step and it helps to do other achievements such as the flowers or airship so you are not just focusing on the quests.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 24, 14 1:14 PM
salsaz wrote:You actually get used to the crafting and soul destroyer (oops - soul selector) and bow of death (opps - figurine) after a while. Just take it step by step and it helps to do other achievements such as the flowers or airship so you are not just focusing on the quests.

Gotta love those Freudian slips, salsaz!! Thanks for the laughs!

1Hangman
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by 1Hangman on Mar 24, 14 4:09 PM
I just now opened the "BOW" when I saw what it will take to just start I decided to stop, eat dinner and try again later. I thought Pirate Pete was a lot of " walking back and forth" for want of a better description I think I will have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, or maybe a bottle (lol?) Hey since the bugs have been ironed out the game is fun again, even though 1/2 way through I forget where I am and what I am looking for I think I am on the 6th or 7th of 12 quests for Pete on 21. Happy gaming. Stay safe

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 24, 14 4:37 PM
1Hangman wrote:I just now opened the "BOW" when I saw what it will take to just start I decided to stop, eat dinner and try again later. I thought Pirate Pete was a lot of " walking back and forth" for want of a better description I think I will have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, or maybe a bottle (lol?) Hey since the bugs have been ironed out the game is fun again, even though 1/2 way through I forget where I am and what I am looking for I think I am on the 6th or 7th of 12 quests for Pete on 21. Happy gaming. Stay safe

That'll happen if you have a glass or a bottle or two

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Mar 24, 14 5:19 PM
I sometimes think the answer is to play the game through around 100 times - and then start on the Level 21 Quests!!! (And even then, there's bound to be something you need and don't have enough of!)

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 24, 14 5:40 PM
That's pretty much what I was doing towards the end, zephyrtodiac. I just concentrated on the HOS, in order to get all the items I needed for the crafting parts. However, having been through all of the HOS a million times already, it's getting tiresome.

I never replay a HOG, because I am not interested in a game when I know what to expect and I certainly never ever replay HOS when you can do it in the CE version. I just about manage to get through them once - having to do them twice is already torture to me - therefore eventually I am going to lose interest in this type of game where you have to get through each HOS a million times, and "eventually" may just be around the corner.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 24, 14 7:00 PM
zephyrzodiac wrote:I sometimes think the answer is to play the game through around 100 times - and then start on the Level 21 Quests!!! (And even then, there's bound to be something you need and don't have enough of!)
I think that is what I'm going to do..Just do the HO scenes for a week then see what I can craft..I just got to the "claws" and I thought that first Pete quest was tough..even though I already had the The Thunderblast in my inventory..

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 24, 14 7:11 PM
chipper23 wrote:
zephyrzodiac wrote:I sometimes think the answer is to play the game through around 100 times - and then start on the Level 21 Quests!!! (And even then, there's bound to be something you need and don't have enough of!)
I think that is what I'm going to do..Just do the HO scenes for a week then see what I can craft..I just got to the "claws" and I thought that first Pete quest was tough..even though I already had the The Thunderblast in my inventory..
By randomly playing HOS you will get some of what you need but many times, if you are not on a quest, the HOS will give you the same thing over and over. Also by playing the HOS when you are not on a quest you are going to level up on the HOS and they will be at the 1 hour wait time and eventually make the quests more time consuming.

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Mar 25, 14 5:01 PM
LizzieK wrote:
chipper23 wrote:
By randomly playing HOS you will get some of what you need but many times, if you are not on a quest, the HOS will give you the same thing over and over. Also by playing the HOS when you are not on a quest you are going to level up on the HOS and they will be at the 1 hour wait time and eventually make the quests more time consuming.
Thanks Lizzie..I agree ..I went back to doing the quests and it is taking a long time lol

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 25, 14 7:48 PM
chipper23 wrote:Thanks Lizzie..I agree ..I went back to doing the quests and it is taking a long time lol

I do play the HOS that are at the 1 hour wait each time I leave the game for a while, so I can get more money and other prizes. Since they are already at the max wait time I can only gain from them since I am going out of the game for a while.

Good luck!

Go to: