Post your TECH ISSUES for Origins: Elders of Time here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 24, 14 12:38 AM
A thread to post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/24/2014 at 4:40:42 PM PST

DeVanders
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Origins: Elders of Time here

[Post New]by DeVanders on Mar 24, 14 5:47 AM
When I try to play the second Memory Disk, the game freezes. Reinstalled the game, but still freezes. What can I try next (aside from not playing)?

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Mar 24, 14 8:58 AM

reboot, shut down, restart with a new profile (but leave existing one in place)

also check in Help section --->>>> top row far right punch >>>in problem and may get a quick fix !!

wait til mods in and do a Dr Felix report according to what they will add here !!

good luck and happier gaming !!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Mar 24, 14 3:29 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Mar 24, 14 4:42 PM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler and for adding our usual post.
For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

edited to correct my error.

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 10:53:33 AM PST

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 24, 14 7:33 PM
Your welcome, Murrumbigee, I was happy to start the tech thread for you!

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 12:21:22 PM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 24, 14 8:27 PM

DeVanders you should click on the help tab at the top right of this page. When you get to that page, scroll down to the "Contact Us" (meaning BFG tech support) and follow their instructions. You can send them a message and even create and attach a Dr. Felix report (which shows them your computer settings) and hopefully they will help you through your problem. It might take a couple of days, cause they're pretty busy, but it is a great game and I hope you can get it worked out!

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 10:30:18 AM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 25, 14 6:54 AM
There is no place for reviews on the main game page. Just sayin

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 25, 14 3:53 PM
I meant reviews in the game itself. Was just trying to get an idea if anyone played the whole thing, but in the meantime, I did Excellent game

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 27, 14 11:25 AM
DeVanders, hope you got your tech issues worked out. And thank you Pondprowler for starting the tech thread.

[Post New]by JudyGale on Mar 29, 14 9:33 PM
I have just "unburied" one of the keys and the4 game seems to have stopped. I can still move around normally and also by using the map, but the map has stopped updating (no more "X" or "!" anywhere) and the hint button is no longer working.

challis3
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by challis3 on Mar 31, 14 6:13 AM
Same problem here- I am unable to access the "ink" pad to get the final ring. Help is disabled- another bug it would seem!

[Post New]by swt316 on Mar 31, 14 4:13 PM
I to am stuck. I just unburied a key, charged it ... now there is nothing. No new things on the map, and the hint button does nothing.

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 4:14:42 PM PST

[Post New]by cherylst on Apr 1, 14 9:46 PM
I too am stuck after I dug up the skull and placed it. I can use the map but there are no new areas shown to go to now. The hint button is "dead", it does nothing. I have no idea what to do next other than just wonder around. I have one charged elders key (yellow) and a broom in my inventory.

Go to: