atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

That Isn't a Beaver

[Post New]by atmmts on Mar 24, 14 4:14 AM
The critter in the tree house looks more like an otter. The tail most definitely is not like a beaver's. The teeth - okay, but not the tail, body or head/face.

Okey-doke, I feel much better - I've had my nitpick for the day.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:That Isn't a Beaver

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 26, 14 5:40 PM
Lol! I had the same reaction! Otter. Beavers don't eat mollusks.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 26, 14 7:11 PM
I think it's supposed to be a gopher and not a beaver. The artists do know what a beaver looks like since they put a most definite beaver in the bonus chapter. There is also a group of three gophers which are an object to be picked up in one of the bonus chapter's hidden object scenes and those three look exactly like the toothless one from the main game.

Not sure that will make any unhappy person happier, but I do believe that was the thought behind these odd creatures.

Magda640
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Magda640 on Apr 5, 14 10:38 PM
The three "gophers" actually look like typical meerkats. I have to stop being irritated when the translation doesn't come up to par. The games are still pretty good, even with all the mistakes.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 14, 14 3:42 AM
you are right....it is an otter....and Beavers don't eat mollusks but once the teeth were added it became much more like a mollusk eating (or at least opening) beaver.

this is not a complaint, btw......but more of a "share in the laughter" because deliberate or not, the errors the devs make, are more funny than annoying to me, and I sometimes suspect they do some of the things as a laugh.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 14, 14 11:21 AM
Lol lol lol....yep, those are Meerkats.
I guess the folks over at the Devs don't spend much time watching the nature channel.
They are glued to their graphics programs.

Go to: