Post your TECH ISSUES for The Adventures of Perseus here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 25, 14 12:32 AM
A thread to post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 8:41:24 AM PST

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for The Adventures of Perseus here

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 25, 14 1:37 AM
The game freeze after every level. Windows 7.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 25, 14 1:48 AM
I can't get the game to play in anything other than windowed mode. If I click on full screen in options, the game disappears and comes back in windowed mode again :-(
Looks like a good M3 too, but it's making my eyes hurt and hard to see what you have to do.

Any ideas please? It's a new high spec machine running W8.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Mar 25, 14 1:59 AM
If your game crashes, slows down, or freezes, then your computer's current graphics configuration may not be compatible with the game. Downloading the latest video card driver for your system, installing some simple updates, or adjusting your graphic settings can often help.

Hello mamachi,

The quote above is from the BFG Help Site that you can find at the following link, along with directions for obtaining the updates:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

Just copy and paste the link into your browser.

I am running W7 Prem. Home Ed. 64bit and have had no problems with the game.

Hope this helps.

BK

Sorry, belamba, I am unfamiliar with W8.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 25, 14 4:25 AM
That's ok Bearcat. The game keeps getting access violations too.
Given up on it now, as can't see in a little window. Don't understand why full screen option won't work. Tried changing screen res, but made no difference...

[Post New]by dbchun on Mar 25, 14 6:34 AM
OS is Windows 8.1. Selected "custom cursor" and lost the cursor completely on the screen. I can quit the game by guessing where the cursor is by the highlighted option, but that's it; can't change the custom cursor option. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game but since my profile is still there the options are already set and unchangeable.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Mar 25, 14 7:32 AM
I changed to custom cursor after realising half way through the Demo that it was on normal. I changed in the options and now I've lost my cursor as well and so now I can't play any further which is a pity as it is a good Match 3.
I also didn't have to sign in to play even though it's 'Tomorrows' Game Today' normally reserved for members.
Please fix it so we can play

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 7:35:14 AM PST

perky1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by perky1 on Mar 25, 14 7:46 AM
Game freezes after every level...plays fine up until that point. After 1st level, long hesitation, after 2nd level, played through. 3rd level, complete freeze. Had to get out. Too bad, was enjoying that game. As a long time FISHIE I find myself looking not at the reviews first but at the tech problems. If there are TECH problems, I don't even bother to look at the reviews. Come on BIG FISH it is getting more difficult to purchase a game through your site. Running W-7, all updates.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 25, 14 8:41 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread pondprowler.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

queenjanis
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by queenjanis on Mar 25, 14 9:33 AM
I can't get the game to work either, I finally got it to come on and played it for about 5 minutes, then it crashed, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and game manager. It still wont work. It looks like it might be fun, I would like to try it. Usually if a game gives me this much trouble, I start thinking it might have a virus or something, but I trust BF. I will try it again later when they get all the bugs out. Good Luck and have fun gaming.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Mar 25, 14 9:41 AM
I tried twice to play the demo, both times shut down with "access violation."
Am deleting it. Also found the constant jumping around of the icons extremely irritating. Too bad; it looked like fun.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 25, 14 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to see there have been some issues with Access Violations and game freezing.

Below, I have provided some help articles that provide some steps to troubleshoot these kinds of issues. Just click on the links below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

If these don't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of of our Reps would be happy to help.

bfgWendwater

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 25, 14 12:29 PM
at level three and it started like it was in slow motion
Then I heard my machine running hot so I shut down.
It looks like a plain match three game, so no big loss.

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Mar 25, 14 3:56 PM
HAD TO EDIT........... THIS IS A GHOST STORY............told that my graphic card needed to be updated. COULDN'T PLAY FOR 2 DAYS.........THEN POOF GHOST GONE AND CAN NOW PLAY WITH NO GLITCHES..........GOES TO SHOW IF YOU LEAVE YOUR GRAPIC CARD ALONE AN ALIEN WILL FIX IT OOPS ELF................. I had no problems playing the demo. Bought the game now freezes every level. Leave the game then return and the game runs for awhile then freezes.
SO DO NOT TELL ME IT'S MY PUTER CAUSE WOULDN'T OF WORK AT ALL. WORKED FINE IN DEMO, NOW ZILCH.........

FIX THIS IT NOT MADE FOR WINDOWS 7

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 11:02:29 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Post your TECH ISSUES for The Adventures of Perseus here

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 25, 14 6:23 PM
Contact Customer Support--link at bottom of every forum page.

If they can't solve it w/ your continued cooperation, at least you'll get a free game credit out of the mess.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Mar 25, 14 6:26 PM
belamba wrote:I can't get the game to play in anything other than windowed mode. If I click on full screen in options, the game disappears and comes back in windowed mode again :-(
Looks like a good M3 too, but it's making my eyes hurt and hard to see what you have to do.

Any ideas please? It's a new high spec machine running W8.

I was stuck in windowed mode too until I remembered that the problem can be fixed by changing the image size on your pc. Right click on the desktop and access "screen resolution". Under "advanced settings" choose "image size". I had mine on large so I changed it to medium, signed off and then on again. When I got back to the game the full screen mode stayed put and I could finally see all of the buttons at the bottom of the screen.

BTW, I am using Win 8.

I had the same problem with a previous game so I already knew what to do. Good luck!

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Mar 25, 14 10:29 PM
Sorry, BFG. Your "help pages" are use less unless you are a computer geek. The boys over at Best Buy - now they could take care of our problems. I was born and raised in the no tech generation. For me, your "help" reads like a very dry book of law, Get real. Make your "help" - well, helpful! I ask questions about games and never even heard a response from your team on several occasions. Guess what? I fixed it myself. I am all too aware that this is your primary goal. Let them fix it themselves!

Diane

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Mar 26, 14 1:24 AM
Thanks Carolwooden! I will try that today. Didn't know there was an image size
Do I change it back again after exiting the game?
I've not had this issue before on my W 8.1 machine, and odd the full screen button doesn't do anymore than cause the game to vanish.

I appreciate your help!

Edited to say that my machine has nothing that says 'image size' under properties or under any of the tabs? Even searched machine and no such setting. Is it to do with the graphics card? Maybe yours different to mine. Spent two hours looking for it, but to no avail. My hubby a graphic designer and he couldn't find it either. Thanks for trying for me though...guess I'm destined to never play it.

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 5:13:40 AM PST

[Post New]by beth7clyne on Mar 26, 14 8:32 AM
I put the game into XP compatibility mode and it worked at the time which was last night. Today when trying to open it, it will not open and tells me that the trial has expired but I know that I had at least 15 mins left to go. I have had not option but to uninstall and hope that there will be a reissue of the game that actually works because I find the best Match 3 game issued for a very, very long time.

pb_2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by pb_2 on Mar 26, 14 9:38 AM
I have never experienced such a slow game - you make a move and it takes forever for that move to be made. The game runs at the speed of molasses. Soooo frustrating. This is no way to release a new game - full of bugs, glitches, etc.
Something has to be done by the devs to correct this insanity or send me a free game credit to make up for the constant hassle.
It's bad enough we Match-3 fans struggle to find new games - perhaps Big Fish should change it's name to Hidden Object Central. We finally get a new Match-3 game and it plays terribly. So glad I wasted another credit on a wonky game. Please, get your act together.

Go to: