Post your REVIEWS for Style Quest here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 25, 14 12:36 AM
A thread to post your reviews for this game!

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 8:56:17 AM PST

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

Re: Post your REVIEWS for Style Quest here

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Mar 25, 14 7:41 AM
I don't know if this game will get any more difficult but it is way to easy . I have played 50 mins of the demo and had no problems getting stars , and quite honestly it was soooo slow I was rather bored with it . A shame really because I like these kind of games and have a few credits to use up but not today .

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 25, 14 8:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Style Quest here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Style Quest.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Mar 27, 14 5:02 AM
This game is annoying.
Even from the very start, I couldn't get 3 stars on any of the levels. The woman walks around slow, and the mini-games just slow the entire game down, as the game isn't paused whilst you do them. Some of the clothes look similar, so it's easy to make a mistake, and sometimes they want a dark bow in dark hair, so you can't easily see it! The just slows the mini-game down again. The clients get annoyed quickly, and it's not the easiest thing to get upgrades, either, to make to game more interesting.

This game could be much better. It's slow, boring, and annoying.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 27, 14 9:48 AM
I agree with ElizabethR - I was looking forward to this game but found the same issues as Elizabeth. I deleted it after 50 minutes.

AmberKB
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by AmberKB on Mar 29, 14 1:28 PM
I felt the same way. The gal moved way too slow. I thought for sure there would be an upgrade for her to walk faster.

There's a good game in the concept of it. I think if a few things were tweaked, I could really like it.

One thing that did puzzle me. I thought for sure that it said in order to get a star, your customer had to have 3+ stars. I had all of my customers at 3+ stars...and I still didn't get a star??

[Post New]by suedeclerck on Apr 1, 14 2:57 PM
You have to move through the game to get upgrades. Then go back for the 3 stars.

graro
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by graro on Apr 1, 14 9:31 PM
First levels are easy and last levels are just impossible. Although you buy every possible upgrade and attend customers with every star there is no way to win even a star so it's impossible to finish the game.
Really frustrating. Don't make the mistake I made buying this game.

[Post New]by stormlee on Apr 3, 14 2:20 PM
I am having same problem everyone is get so far and it won't go any
further starts out fine but then its not going any further needs redone and
people get annoyed buying game that won;t let us advance.

[Post New]by sue1948 on Apr 7, 14 3:01 AM
Hi can anyone please tell me what the mini games are.

bbruce261
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by bbruce261 on Apr 7, 14 7:27 AM
First zone not very hard, so I bought the game. Starting in zone 3 I can't seem to get 1 star. Seems at the beginning of the game the meter fills up fast. I like a game that is challenging, but this is more than I bargained for. The mini games are matching shoes and clothes, unless there are games I am not aware of. Would be a great TM game if you could advance, other wise do not waste your money.

Edited on 04/07/2014 at 7:31:29 AM PST

[Post New]by sue1948 on Apr 7, 14 2:49 PM
I have got as far as zone 4 level 1, completed the level with 3 stars and it wont move on to the next level any ideas please? am also beginning to think that this game was a waste of money.

[Post New]by tinawood on Apr 10, 14 4:37 AM
Ok guys... here's the real heads up on this game.... It is AWESOME!!! Notice.. I did not say "Easy"!!! I started it over a gazillion times and I figured out HOW to get through it... However it is not a game for and unseasoned time management gamer... You have to really try and try again to beat a level... then when you have made enough stars to get the upgrade you need (they REALLY help) then go back and get your 3 stars in the past levels that you couldn't otherwise get..... and this still won't be easy (concentrate!!!!)....BUT... the main thing is... in which order do you get your upgrades... as in.. which ones first???.... There in lies the rub... ya got to buy them in the correct order to be able to keep move along!!! And this is no kidding!!! If you get them in the wrong order you will not have what it takes to move on. Don't buy an upgrade just because it's available and you have enough stars to get it... WAIT and struggle through until the right ones become available.

I see complaints that they walk too slow ... this is true in the beginning ... but alas... you "WILL" have the chance to buy upgrades to speed your girls up. Ya just got to hang in there and don't give up. If you get frustrated or lose concentration, back away from the game and come back to it later... get your pace going and BINGO... I bet you'll pass that level in no time. "SHOCK"

My personal tips to you on how to upgrade:
#1. Only upgrade what you must at first... save those stars!

#2. Do NOT upgrade the dressing rooms to their second level... a big waste of stars! Trust me. That one girl finally joins in later and runs the dressing rooms for you anyways. Plus that upgrade on the dressing rooms doesn't help a bit with your speed.

#3. DO upgrade your lil music mood thing early on and also the temporary one star thing for 2x 40 seconds... (use it mainly after the shop closes to help get more stars to your register. and also upgrade your shoe case too when it becomes available.

#4. Get all your first level machines and waiting chairs and dressing rooms... and keep it simple with the first levels UNTIL you have gotten all 3 of your employees first... They are the key!!!!! Especially the girl that runs the dressing rooms. When you get her you can go back and get 3 stars on every level.

I'm in the disco store now and I am holding off as long as I can to make sure they don't come up with another type upgrade I would want first before I upgrade my machines. Hope this helps!

Edited on 04/10/2014 at 4:41:42 AM PST

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Apr 16, 14 3:29 PM
Tinawood....I want to thank you for your posting. I followed your advice, as I was just about to give up, and now I am really enjoying the game. So, if anyone is having any issues with this game, don't give up....read her comments and follow them. You will go from wishing you had never purchased this game to really enjoying it!! Thanks, Tinawood!!!!!

elizaew
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
408 Posts

[Post New]by elizaew on May 3, 14 6:53 AM
I LOVE this sort of game and am enjoying this game. I am confused however about going back to get three stars on past levels. It doesn't seem to let me go back and replay levels?

[Post New]by Bosside on May 29, 14 3:51 AM
My take is that its quite fun. Thanks tinawood for your post, will try out your tips!!

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 3:53:12 AM PST

Go to: