Pets

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

Pets

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 25, 14 1:20 AM
Hey all
Been looking for this topic but couldn't find it so sorry if was already discussed before and I missed it...
Anyway, I was wondering which pets you got and what kind of rewards they give.
Apart from snow griffin and winged cat I assume we all have...
I managed to get the manticore egg just recently - he takes 8 bags of food and gives okay rewards I guess - not much more then they do but it took so long I managed to stock up on its food. Also recently have managed to get an owl egg - he takes 12 bags of food (!!) so I ran out of his food pretty quickly lol but it did give me a nice boost to the feeding pets reward. The owl's gift is also okay - a bit more than the others I mentioned - wouldn't be in a hurry to craft him from all options. Now finally I managed to save up the 20,000 needed to craft me a phoenix - took a long time and was so tempted to sell that egg for 5,000 but I finally did it and it's soooo worth it! Every prize is a huge win of coins, diamonds and stamps. And he takes 8 bags of food.
Never got any of the other eggs but I see many of my friends are asking for their food (am gifting, yes!) so probably have those - what are they like?? Has anyone crafted the baby pegasus? costs 50,000 to craft!! How good are the rewards? I never even seen his egg in my wheel of fortune!
Oh and I do have a pig and a tiger egg but will not be able to craft both as both take tons of gift cards. I mean I will eventually craft both but it will take a long time before I have the amount of gift cards needed so have to choose one at the moment... anyone got any of them? Who is best to craft first? How much food do they take?
Pig's egg sells for 800 coins while crafting it costs 15,000 plus like 70 gift cards and some stamps. Tiger's egg sells for 1,000 coins but crafting costs 10,000 plus 150 gift cards and some stamps (do not have 220 gift cards yet but am working my way there...) I get a lot of pig's food from aircraft...
So who would you craft first? Pig or tiger?
Also, now when I finally managed to craft 5 pets I see that the last part of that achievement is to craft 20, meaning 15 more but there are only 5 more to potentially craft (10 pets) - does that mean 10 more pets will be introduced to the game in future updates? Oh well, maybe then we won't get so many pig's food from the aircraft and we'll be needing them so badly by then lol
(p.s. am so not writing this to show off - it took a lot to get these pets...)

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Pets

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 25, 14 1:42 AM
Hi, I have all but the piggy and tiger, although will have enough thank you cards for the piggy in about six days.

Pegasus is the best although takes the most food at 15 bags. I get a silver box each 3-4 times and a gold each 6-7 times. The silver gives 3 blue marks, 1400 coins and 1 diamond and the gold gives 3 red unique marks, 2,000 coins and a diamond.

The others are all very similar and it takes a lot to get a silver or gold box out of (for me).

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 25, 14 2:10 AM
salsaz wrote:Hi, I have all but the piggy and tiger, although will have enough thank you cards for the piggy in about six days.

Pegasus is the best although takes the most food at 15 bags. I get a silver box each 3-4 times and a gold each 6-7 times. The silver gives 3 blue marks, 1400 coins and 1 diamond and the gold gives 3 red unique marks, 2,000 coins and a diamond.

The others are all very similar and it takes a lot to get a silver or gold box out of (for me).

Thanks! I so want me a pegasus (although it will take me forever to save up the 50,000 needed to craft one lol).
Haven't even noticed there are colors to the boxes - funny. But phoenix also gives very good rewards! Am very happy I finally got to craft it. Others are pretty much the same, yeah. How did you get all the eggs? I haven't seen some ever since I started playing and I just recently found the owl and manticore in my wheel. Oh, you is lucky

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 25, 14 2:41 AM
I have been very lucky with the eggs. I won them on the wheel. I bought one which was 30 diamonds.

I think everyone has luck in different areas. For instance the "find path" doesn't work for me (I now have 25 darth vader helmets, but can't for the life of me get a fire symbol out of the chest in the main hallway), However I have two accounts and about every 4th - 5th day eggs show up on the wheel and I usually get them.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 25, 14 3:18 AM
Although I've been playing this game from day one, I neglected it for a while before the update so I'm nowhere near those things you mention and have no idea what they are lol
Just level 18 and still struggling 2 final quests from dragon after finally finishing Anabel's 18 of her own (they keep wanting stuff from 2 hos all the time so it takes like forever! But am playing all other hos for extra cash and a lot of extra stock - actually had some nice gifts to give away in the past few days since am not using anything but the same stuff over and over and over and over.................)
When I finally see an egg in my wheel - I'll spin it for as many times as I need to in order to get it, oh yes! But I haven't seen some of those eggs in my wheel ever. It really has a lot to do with luck more than anything. Never once got an egg or anything really valuable from crafting items although it is shown as an option and now after the update 2 eggs can be won as achievements! Only now I'm running out of pet food so quickly... What's up with the 12 bags the owl takes? And his prizes are nowhere near as good!
I also have another game running (although I might have to say goodbye to the 2nd one soon as I'm changing computers and my main is actually EFI, not EFI24 which I started pretty recently) and in both I got pig's and tiger's eggs since update. But never some of the others. I will eventually, I'm sure. At the moment still excited about my new phoenix. Who is also great, really. Oh and he's helping me reach that 15,000 needed for the pig.
So pig or tiger? What should I choose?? (if only this was my only dilemma in life lol)

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Mar 25, 14 4:16 AM
Just an FYI....the tiger brings back about the same treasures as the Snow Griffin...just mediocre. In one of my games, I have all the pets except the piggy....a friend just gifted me the piggy egg today but need more postcards to craft it. IMO, the Phoenix is the real gem....I almost always get a silver or gold chest with lots of treasures from him. Second best is the Pegasusling. The Owl never seems to be worth the trouble as he usually doesn't bring much back. Really think the pets are one of the fun aspects of the game.....looking forward to the next batch!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 25, 14 6:25 AM
I guess I've been lucky with Pigasus. He's brought back 3 gold and one silver chest, and I doubt I've used him more than 7 or 8 times. Thanks for the info, I've been trying to decide between hatching the piggy and the phoenix, now I know. All I need is to come up with a good name. River, maybe?

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 6:26:30 AM PST

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 25, 14 2:49 PM
I've got to agree with Awalkinglady; the pets really are one of the most fun parts of the game at the moment... when I can feed them, that is! I've still only got the four as the supply of eggs has dried up on all of the wheels in my games.

Actually I still need a name for my greedy/useless owl. At twelve food bags a time, I haven't found him any better than "Frog", my emerald dragon. So come on, Help me out and suggest a name for the strange looking little creature.

The Doctor

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 25, 14 2:59 PM
I've got first dibs on Weird Owl Yankovic. In fact, he's already out there, not doing much at the moment but patiently waiting to be fed. Maybe that's why he's so bug-eyed.

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 25, 14 3:02 PM
Rosiebvt, not only is the owl that I've got bug-eyed, it also has one pupil bigger than the other... do you thing this is why he doesn't seem able to find any good treasure?

The Doctor

[Post New]by ReenaMcGuire on Mar 25, 14 3:05 PM
What about 'Sebu' from 'Owlbabies'?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 25, 14 3:06 PM
I think you've just diagnosed his problem. Either that or it's because he's on recreational drugs

[Post New]by Ken_TheDoctor on Mar 25, 14 3:07 PM
Yes, I like that... Its a possibility and I bet "Loser" my useless cat is giving them to him!

The Doctor

Edited on 03/25/2014 at 3:09:50 PM PST

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 25, 14 3:17 PM
I have only gotten one good gift from my pegasus. He gave me 1200 coins once and some marks. He usually gives me 200 - 400 coins. Very disappointing. I wish I hadn't spent 50,000 coins to craft him. Then I could have had lots of pegasus food to give away to friends and I wouldn't be in a bind for coins at level 19.

He's cute though

I like the piggie the best. He is adorable. Twitchy nose and flaps his wings....so cute and he's been generous. I won the egg on my wheel on the second spin. Just took some time in my lower level game to get the coins....lots of HOS.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Mar 25, 14 4:14 PM
I'm so jealous...I never see any eggs at all except the odd egg and I gave that one away to someone because it was on their wish list. I bought the Pegasus egg with diamonds early in the game before I knew about the forum. And I did get the cat, griffin and dragon eggs early on as well but I haven't seen another egg for weeks.My cat just brought me a diamond tonight.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 25, 14 4:23 PM
I wish my cats would bring me diamonds . All they do is eat, sleep, wake me up in the middle of the night, and complain because I'm on the computer all the time.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 25, 14 5:00 PM
My phoenix , who sent me broke to craft, brings back good treasure. The Snow Griffon, Hopping Tiger & Cat bring back. The owl & dragon so so. Pegasus is still incubating until I get the coins to hatch him.

Rosie, I feel your pain with the waking in the light. My house has a sensor light in the hall, (here when we bought the place) & the cats have learned how to turn it on.

Sam, my former street kitten & current alarm kitten is waking me later each day as we head toward winter down her. Marius just stays sleeping until breakfast is served.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 25, 14 5:34 PM
AnnaDownes01 wrote:My phoenix , who sent me broke to craft, brings back good treasure. The Snow Griffon, Hopping Tiger & Cat bring back. The owl & dragon so so. Pegasus is still incubating until I get the coins to hatch him.

Rosie, I feel your pain with the waking in the light. My house has a sensor light in the hall, (here when we bought the place) & the cats have learned how to turn it on.
Sam, my former street kitten & current alarm kitten is waking me later each day as we head toward winter down her. Marius just stays sleeping until breakfast is served.

I hope you never get burgled. You'd just think it was the cats and go back to sleep!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 26, 14 4:12 AM
probably, but all I have is books. It would create a lot of room if they took them but they would need a 20 foot container for them. That's what I needed to bring them down here. Not much furniture, just books

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 27, 14 2:55 AM
THE OWL REMINDS ME OF THE OLD COMIC ACTOR JERRY COLONNA, THOUGH I DOUBT IF MANY OF YOU KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT. BUT THAT IS WHO I THOUGHT OF WHEN I FIRST SAW THE OWL.
IT WAS HIS LOOK THAT MADE HIM TWICE AS FUNNY AS HIS ACTIONS AND WORDS.

Go to: