Post your REVIEWS for Antique Shop: Book of Souls here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 26, 14 12:35 AM
A thread to post your reviews for this game!

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 8:36:50 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Post your REVIEWS for Antique Shop: Book of Souls here

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 26, 14 4:55 AM
sorry to say that was a bad game, the items was so tiny, I do believe this is a older game..I don't recommend this game.

eel71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by eel71 on Mar 26, 14 6:16 AM
The objects are a little tiny, but the screen is very clear and you can adjust the brightness to make it as clear as you want it.

Also, there are no monsters, evil things or darkness everywhere as in the newer games.

colorgirle
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by colorgirle on Mar 26, 14 7:54 AM
This is an old game,with darkness and bad graphics even when adjusted. I am surprised with Big Fish to put up a low quality game like this one.

crlmtly
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by crlmtly on Mar 26, 14 8:02 AM
One word.......BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 26, 14 8:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Antique Shop: Book of Souls here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Antique Shop: Book of Souls.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Mar 26, 14 12:11 PM
Dull game, dull and teeny tiny graphics....slow progress....sorry Big Fish this is a no buy for me......I saw potential, but it looks like it was dragged out of the attic and slapped together.....

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 26, 14 3:18 PM
Wow, on my widescreen monitor the graphics are outstanding.... I love the storyline and way above average. The H0G scenes are so intricate and well thought out. I enjoyed the items being referred to as, for example, Siberien Thrush, instead of "bird". I also enjoyed reading the journal, and normally don't much.

This is a VERY good game and the storyline is detailed and believable [for a paranormal storyline that is]... I, (for one, lol!) am LOVING this very atmospheric and clever game.

BTW> For those complaining in the main reviews, to activate the lantern and magnifying glass all you have to do is click and then right click w/mouse.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on Mar 26, 14 7:02 PM
If you enjoy looking for hidden objects with no relief in sight, this is the game for you. Personally I prefer other types of puzzles between hidden object levels. I also felt that my poor eyesight hindered my enjoyment of the game. There were a few objects that I couldn't find, not because they were cleverly hidden, but because I simply couldn't see them. Some Hidden Object fans will love this game, but I'm not one of them.

Kacey5
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Kacey5 on Mar 29, 14 5:26 PM
I'm sorry to say just couldn't continue after about 10 minutes of play. Way too tiny objects even using the lamp or magnifier. I feel that I didn't really get a chance to get into the story since it was so hard on these eyes. It might be enjoyable for others but for me, not a buy, not even an enjoyable trial.

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Mar 29, 14 8:36 PM
I was surprised to find that I really like it. Challenging HO scenes but not impossible. Some kind of mystery story going on. Mini games between chapters, too. And it's a long game. Glad I got it.

MsDee_1968
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by MsDee_1968 on Mar 30, 14 7:03 AM
Nice try, BFG, but I have to agree with several other reviewers: I don't like this one. Has/had potential, but after searching for a key smaller than a grain of rice in the very first HO scene, I gave up before I went blind. Graphics are decent, but not up to snuff even after adjustments. Interesting storyline, but not interesting enough to overcome the difficulties.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 31, 14 1:53 PM
This game is not for everyone, but I didn't think it was as awful as most other reviewers seem to think. These comments are based on the completed full version of the game...

IF you like...
1) true HOGs, rather than IHOGs
2) very cleverly hidden objects that are sometimes tiny or in a dark location
3) don't mind reading and don't need flash movies to get the story across
...then you will most likely really enjoy this game.

I happened to really like the artwork and the story. I got through the whole game in the timed mode and without hints, though I did have to resort to the magnifying glass sometimes and occasionally the lantern. But then I like a challenge. For those that don't, this is not the game for you.

My only real criticism of the game is that...

**ENDING SPOILER**

...it ended with only rescuing one soul and a "to be continued". I don't mind a sequel, but if we'll only get to release one soul in each game, that means many sequels and I just don't like game series' that drag on forever, with one installment after another. Of course, it's also possible that we may get to release everyone else in the next game, and that will be the end of it, but I don't like that uncertainty. Worse yet, if the game isn't popular enough, the sequel will never see the light of day.

[Post New]by gram_orboys on Apr 7, 14 9:10 PM
This is all HOG - but not a relaxing one for me. The colors for the scenes made it hard to find objects along with their size. I did use the hint often as some words my guesses were not even close! I will play again cause I own it, but not when I'm stressed out.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Apr 27, 14 9:59 AM
Well, it's a little different than other games. It is basically one HOG after another with a few mini-games in between. I admit the items were small, but on a w/s it's much better. Plus there is the option to use the lantern for a light source, and use the magnifying glass to see the smaller objects. I really didn't use either one, since my w/s made everything bigger and I used the options to brighten the scenes a bit. My only complaint was the ending. But I guess you have to play it to find out about that. There is a lot of reading in between scenes. This establishes a nice story line and lets you know what is going on. I didn't mind it, but a voice over would have been nice. All in all it was not a bad game, just a little different.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Sep 11, 14 7:39 PM
Muddled presentation: objects way too small; junk-filled scenes; points given for finding items (?!); narrator seems quite confused. Devs assume that everyone has split mouse, which certainly isn't true, so the magnifier was of no use. Altogether, an unfortunately outdated set-up which could have been far more successful. (And watch for bizarre translation: "prayer rope" should have been "rosary.") Typeface was good, and scenes could have been intriguing, but this game misses the mark.

Edited on 09/11/2014 at 7:41:11 PM PST

Go to: