Post your TECH ISSUES for Antique Shop: Book of Souls here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 26, 14 12:36 AM
A thread to post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 8:37:02 AM PST

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Antique Shop: Book of Souls here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 26, 14 1:17 AM
And since this is a "soft release" and the mods might not show up right away, here is some basic info they would post

"If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.' "

jedav
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jedav on Mar 26, 14 7:45 AM
I can't download a trail edition. This is the only game I have tried to download and failed to do so.

jedav
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jedav on Mar 26, 14 8:32 AM
Getting A HTTP 500 code

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 26, 14 8:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for the help pondprowler.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

BobbiH
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by BobbiH on Mar 26, 14 1:18 PM
I had barely started playing -- probably for less than 5 minutes -- when the game closed and I was told that my Trial Period was over. Has that happened to anyone else?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 26, 14 4:39 PM
Hi BobbiH,

I see the trial version of the game expired and you were barely able to play. This is sometimes fixable if you uninstall and reinstall the game. For instructions of how to do that, just click the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps can give you specialized support for this issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Mar 26, 14 8:03 PM
WOW.........this is a disaster. Game opened and cursor travelling all over the page on it's own. Screen comes up and says if cursor sluggish go into options and adjust. Right, how can you do that if I couldn't control cursor at all. Then to get out of game I used ctrl.alt.del and my Task Manager didn't even recognize the game was running. Had to shut down computer and restart.

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Mar 27, 14 6:09 PM
Game downloaded just fine. Went to play and got a blank screen. Can't play if game won't show up.

[Post New]by kimundo on Mar 28, 14 5:03 AM
mY PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN i EXIT THE GAME, IT DOESN'T SAVE MY PROGRESS. WHEN I RE-ENTER, IT IS BACK AT THE BEGINNING. i DON'T WANT TO START OVER EVERY TIME I HAVE TO EXIT. HELP

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Mar 28, 14 9:03 AM
WOW.........this is a disaster. Game opened and cursor travelling all over the page on it's own. Screen comes up and says if cursor sluggish go into options and adjust. Right, how can you do that if I couldn't control cursor at all. Then to get out of game I used ctrl.alt.del and my Task Manager didn't even recognize the game was running. Had to shut down computer and restart.

I was SO glad to see this, 1357wc - I thought my PC had gone haywire!!! Anyone know if this is just a bad download? Might it fix itself if I delete & re-install?

[Post New]by CorvusUmbra on Mar 28, 14 4:04 PM
pondprowler wrote:And since this is a "soft release" and the mods might not show up right away, here is some basic info they would post

"If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.' "

I love it when people make sure people know how the forums work! Thank you pondprowler!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Apr 5, 14 8:54 PM
1unicorn wrote:Game downloaded just fine. Went to play and got a blank screen. Can't play if game won't show up.

I got a blank screen as well and when I tried to close out of the game, it didn't appear in my task manager although it showed on the task bar on the bottom as being open. I couldn't even uninstall it from the game manager because it said the game was running and to close it out first but I couldn't! I had to restart but tried it again and the same thing happened. Too bad because I like this basic type of HOG and was looking forward to more of the beautiful graphics that was displayed in the screen shot.

Go to: