SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

The Mushroom Forest

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Mar 26, 14 9:03 PM
I'm doing this quest which involves a lot of different places at the Valley of Magicians.

Open are:
The Mushroom Forest
Magic Gates
Initiation Hall
Ice Cavern

Now it wants me to open up the Meditation Gazebo

A few questions:
1. How long does this quest last?
2. How many more locations need to be opened?
3. If I don't finish, do I lose everything?
4. Should I even attempt to sleep tonight?

Thanks for all who have helped me open up the afore-mentioned locations.

Kat

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 8:51:18 AM PST

chhayudi
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Where am I?!?

[Post New]by chhayudi on Mar 26, 14 9:19 PM
Hi SuzeyQueue,

You're having the same experience that I had a few days ago. I also went into the Mushroom Forest and then had to open up a bunch of other locations. Not only that, they were not coughing up the artifacts I needed quickly .
By the time it asked me to open the Meditation Gazebo, I had run out of time, energy, talismans and tarra cards and basically just gave up! LOL

You will find more information and comments on this if you scroll down a few days to the post: Help! Nasty surprise in the Mushroom Forest.

Hope that helps a bit.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Mar 26, 14 9:28 PM
Good luck, Suzey. (((hugs))) Hope you don't have to stay up all night feeding dragons. I found a few threads on this topic that might help. They talk about having to move back and forth through the various locations in the Valley: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262314.page#5564259

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/262665.page#5566766

And here is Chhayudi's thread as well: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/275624.page

Edited on 03/26/2014 at 9:30:34 PM PST

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Mar 26, 14 9:36 PM
Well, dear Marj - thanks for the heads up.

Let's see... coffee or tea for me tonight?

Besides... sleep is overrated.

Ellei4997
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

Where am I?!?

[Post New]by Ellei4997 on Mar 26, 14 9:36 PM
SuzeyQueue wrote:I'm doing this quest which involves a lot of different places at the Valley of Magicians.

Open are:
The Mushroom Forest
Magic Gates
Initiation Hall
Ice Cavern

Now it wants me to open up the Meditation Gazebo

A few questions:
1. How long does this quest last?
2. How many more locations need to be opened?
3. If I don't finish, do I lose everything?
4. Should I even attempt to sleep tonight?

Thanks for all who have helped me open up the afore-mentioned locations.

Kat

I know the feeling. A good stopping place is when you get the next task to go on an expedition; just don't organize the expedition. You can pick up where you left off (don't worry, if you can't finish, you don't lose the items you have already obtained), but if you don't finish, you will have to go on expeditions again because each area only stays open for 12 hours. See the link below for additional info.

http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Mushroom_Forest

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

The Mushroom Forest

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Mar 27, 14 8:46 AM

Thanks for the wiki link, Ellei. And thanks Marj for ALL of your help!

The mushroom forest et al quest is VERY long. Make sure you have hours and hours available or you have to open up all the areas again, which is not fun if you need help from your neighbors. I always hate to ask for too much.

I had a bunch of energy jams stored up, and diamonds. Talismans for experience, energy and object finding are a must. And patience. Every time you think you're done, a new quest shows up. Lol. I am Grand Master in almost all of the areas now.

Hope that helps the next eager traveler of the Mushroom Forest. Be prepared to be as tired and sick of it as Frodo was at the end of his quest.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

Re:The Mushroom Forest

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Mar 27, 14 9:57 AM
Phew, you made it through that fungi of a forest. Congratulations!!!! And thanks for letting those of us not yet at that stage in the game know just what to expect once we get there. I'll make sure to do it when I have oodles of energy, gems, food, talismans and on a day where I can lock the door and turn off the phone (the kid and the husband too).

GamerCouple
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by GamerCouple on Mar 27, 14 11:18 AM
I know just what you mean there. At one point I had like four expedition rooms open for searching, and then came up against a brick wall and had to stop. I'm just taking it slowly now--I don't start until I have lots of high-level food just in case, and gems in case I have to make up shortfalls in help. It's extremely irritating that the quest line has you stopping to open up new expeditions constantly, but at least it's something you can take at your own pace and do a bit at a time. There'll come a time when there just aren't any quests except the special offers, and we'll look back fondly on these days when we were so frantic to get 'em all done so fast... at least that is my theory anyway to make that feeling easier to bear.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Mar 27, 14 12:07 PM
GamerCouple wrote:There'll come a time when there just aren't any quests except the special offers, and we'll look back fondly on these days when we were so frantic to get 'em all done so fast... at least that is my theory anyway to make that feeling easier to bear.

Great insight!

Btw - stock up on Silver Taro Cards and Creature summoning scrolls, too.

zsautner
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by zsautner on Mar 27, 14 1:10 PM
Once you hit this part of the Valley, you should make sure all the prior locations have completed Grand Master level. Some items won't drop until you hit this level and you'll end up wasting time when you go back to find items. This becomes more important when you have to assemble a key to unlock the next location, as well as 2 artifacts in order to move on.

SuzeyQueue
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by SuzeyQueue on Mar 27, 14 2:47 PM
Oh yeah... I remember you saying that Z! And I forgot and did it the hard way! LOL

Go to: