Post your TECH ISSUES for Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 27, 14 12:34 AM
A thread to post your tech issues for this game!

Edited on 03/27/2014 at 8:43:07 AM PST

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Jixio on Mar 27, 14 8:33 AM
I downloaded the trial for this game and got an error message and it also said that the trial had expired. What's that about? Anybody else? I'll delete and try again.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Nightmares from the Deep: Davy Jones Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 27, 14 8:42 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on Mar 27, 14 8:55 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled and the problem seems to be solved.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 27, 14 3:19 PM
I been trying to get this game to down load for me over 3 hours it keeps stopping then trys to dowload over and over what can i do???

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Mar 28, 14 12:55 AM
Mac 10.6.8: Won't work. Film doesn't run, although music plays in background. (The psychedelic screen reads "NO TEXT".) C'mon, devs.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 28, 14 3:32 AM
I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but at about halfway through the main game the map no longer shows available actions. I know I haven't accidentally disabled them, because there appears to be no option to do so.

Anyone else have this problem?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 28, 14 3:36 AM
Not to worry - I just worked it out; the other part of the map is hidden behind the first one!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 28, 14 7:56 AM
I finally figured out how to get the game to work..took me long enough..

[Post New]by GingerNutGirl on Mar 28, 14 10:47 AM
Hi, I don't know if it's just me but I found the customer cursor to be horribly slow and (like wading through mud) but when I use the normal cursor (small arrow) and it changes to the little hand, the hand disappears whilst I'm clicking on something. I hover over say, a mini game with the little hand and then it disappears! It does come back after I move away from what ever I'm trying to click on. A disappointment really as I would like to buy this game but not when I can't see what I'm clicking on. Any one else have this problem or is it something I need to adjust on my pc? It's fairly new, I only got it last December.

[Post New]by LadyXXXHolic on Mar 29, 14 1:53 AM
When I use the custom cursor over a collectible/movable object it turns into the little hand (like it's supposed to) but the hand go's crazy and wont hold still causing me to miss-click.

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Mar 29, 14 6:39 AM
Just opened the game midpoint and it said my profile was corrupted and had to create a new profile? Don't know what is going on but I had to uninstall another game on big fish because it would not open with an error 809 code? I uninstalled the game manager and reinstalled and my video card is updated?

[Post New]by bootooyou on Mar 30, 14 2:13 PM
Still cannot get the charcoal to reveal the message in the drunken scene. the charcoal is in the middle of the page and even if I hold down the mouse, it does not do anything. Cannot get it to move. Any suggestions. I uninstalled and re-installed the game. Frustrating,

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Apr 2, 14 9:10 AM
I purchased the game and when I try to install either from the original purchase window or from purchase history..or from the confirmation email link, I only get a 'Save" file window, which does nothing and I need to have a 'Run" window. Game manager shows nothing in queue either. Any ideas guys?

phizz
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by phizz on Apr 5, 14 8:18 PM
Mac running 10.9.2. I quit the game while looking at the witch. When I reopen the game I'm still looking at her, but can't use anything to get out of the close-up - no hint, map, back arrow.

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Apr 6, 14 7:12 PM
Playing on a MacBook with OS 10.6.8
The sound cuts out when the animations are playing. And the cursor movement is extremely slow and jumpy.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Apr 8, 14 9:09 PM
Well, thank you so much for NO Tech support! After all these years as a member, I have left Big Fish! I used two games credits to buy this game that I cannot play and have 2 game coupons in hand that I gave up. Since live chat was taken away, customer service is just non existant. What a shame. I have been loyal customer for over 7 years.

[Post New]by aloha62 on Apr 12, 14 10:15 PM
I am having problems with charcoal to reveal message. I made it half way through then the charcoal froze in the top right hand corner. There is no way it will move. Does anyone have an answer

[Post New]by LunaSea on Apr 16, 14 10:13 AM
aloha62 wrote:I am having problems with charcoal to reveal message. I made it half way through then the charcoal froze in the top right hand corner. There is no way it will move. Does anyone have an answer

I am having the same problem. Mac OS X 10.9.2 updated Flash and Shockwave.

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Apr 20, 14 12:46 PM
My strategy guide does not match the game. I tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it from my purchase history, but that hasn't helped. I did that with and without deleting the files found in the Artifex Mundi folder for this game in my computer, users, etc..., but that didn't help either. Any suggestions as to why this might be happening, and what I can try next? I don't use the strategy guide often, but when that last object eludes me in a HOP, my eyes can't take the stress of searching for what seems like forever.

Go to: