bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 29, 14 12:29 AM
You’ll never forget the day the monstrous mist rose up and snatched away your little brother – while you watched helplessly from the bridge. But now, after twenty years, the mist has returned – and so has your determination to free him. But first you must confront the evil Countess, who keeps him painting creatures she has learned to burn into reality! Can you face your fears and help your brother finally escape the mysterious island where his dreams come to life - or will the whole world enter the mist? Enter a world where art and reality join hands, in this heart-stopping, hidden-object adventure!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 14 2:06 AM
It seems like forever since I beta tested this. I think a lot of fishies are going to enjoy this. It is very imaginative and a bit different from many of the games we have now. Lots of creativity and effort obviously were invested in this game. I remember saying in my comments for the survey that if it had been available for purchase then, I would have bought it immediately.

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on Mar 29, 14 2:12 AM
Hello everyone,from the creators of the Living Legends series,great game as visually for all extras included,I did in beta and immediately had love...like other games of this developer I'm glad he's finally here and unfortunate not to see promotions for collectors,I'll have to wait but this wonder is mine,good game all !

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Mar 29, 14 2:35 AM
Hi Fury161,

There is a sale for CE games this weekend too though it doesn't appear on the site but once you open the Game Manager. The coupon code for it is CLASSIFIED and it is a nice little discount with which you could buy this or any other CE game you'd like.

Thank you and thistle809 for the heads up on this one. It does look promising! Only a few more minutes, before downloading ends, to find out!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Mar 29, 14 2:45 AM
Oh my... how many ways can one spell 'bad', lol.

Well, initially, I truly thought it looked promising and was glad to see something other than in your face ghosts and demons, yet the anticipation didn't last long! I truly believe the devs must be laughing in jest behind the scenes when they write these recent games!!

Not only is it a repeat of most every other game [ including another shadow 'thingy' again]; even some of the music is recycled from another series. The graphics were ok in a few areas but not consistent and the characters were very odd and unappealing. The only aspects I thought were truly good and unique were in a few of the scenes with the baby fairies and I thought the light added to the paper drawings in the mini games was cool... other than that? Uh uh.

So, truthfully I didn't get very far because by the time I got to the part with the the creepy little creature in a backpack that lost it's 'keychain', I had lost the will to continue, lol. I never knew those creatures needed keychains, lol. Hmmm, was that supposed to be CUTE?!!!

Suffice it to say another weekend I won't be buying a CE.

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 12:07:00 PM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 29, 14 2:49 AM
I bought the game straight away without demoing it. But that main character's voice was a clincher. Like I said in the review, a new Frank Sinatra came to town. And the game itself is awesome! A fresh story, yeah ok so you go save your brother, but it is done in a totally new fashion. Made it a fresh idea. Welp, back to the game. Have to see what happens.

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on Mar 29, 14 3:28 AM
Thank you very much Tammytheo, you make me happy,good weekend and good games !

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 29, 14 4:34 AM
Thank you, Tammytheo

I wish I'd seen this, but I jumped in and bought the game before I opened the Game App. I could kick myself!

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Mar 29, 14 8:44 AM
Tiger2010 wrote:Thank you, Tammytheo

I wish I'd seen this, but I jumped in and bought the game before I opened the Game App. I could kick myself!

I've done the same thing so I've learned to always check the app before purchasing anything.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Mar 29, 14 9:35 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

With Bridge to Another World, I believe the developer was extremely creative with some of the features in the game. I enjoy the challenge of finding the collectible items since they are not at all apparent. Another thing I enjoy is finding the picture fragments as I move along in my adventure.

Kudos to 4 Friends for a wonderful, entertaining new HOPA game that will bring hours of enjoyment to my afternoon.

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:11:50 PM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 29, 14 9:43 AM
Bigfishette wrote:

I've done the same thing so I've learned to always check the app before purchasing anything.

Same here, Bigfishette. The one day I don't open the App first, this happens and these extra sales aren't that frequent so it's just rotten luck.

Mind you, I'm over it and playing the game with much gusto. Love it!!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 29, 14 9:56 AM
Hi ,

Sorry for the dismissive post, don't let be bother you!
I read always very bad comments on games which I liked a lot! Some they said are for beginners or teenagers only, when are not! (I'm a senior lady, only in my heart I feel as a teen !)

The Mods are doing a good job removing disgusting posts. Is OK to complain about the game itself, but not to be telling bad things about the Devs without proof!

At least this is my opinion, I like this game, I don't know if I'm buying now or later on,
enjoy it !
M.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 29, 14 10:18 AM

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:26:50 PM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 29, 14 10:24 AM

Hi Tiger ,

I guess CS will discount the price! They always are very good IMO!

Have a nice weekend ,
M.

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on Mar 29, 14 11:09 AM
It's a great game,exciting,very well designed,with originality,more adventures and a collector with all the extras that I like,a little respect for the work and the love of design and when I read some comments,I'm happy yet amazed me every time and I hope it will never cease.A big thank you to all the builders of those dreams that bring us happiness !!!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 29, 14 11:21 AM
A game that takes time to grow on you. Had a problem figuring out what I needed to do next so had to keep using hints. Has tasks listed but they are not as good as some are. Map is ok and graphics are good. Give this 3 out of 5 stars..

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Mar 29, 14 11:56 AM
Thank you, Minesita.

I may just do that.

Have a lovely weekend yourself.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 29, 14 7:46 PM
Whether it be casual game peddlers or casual game developers the bottom line is money. And if people want to pay for hackneyed, nonsensical drivel like this game they will keep grinding them out. In most cases true art and creativity went out the window long ago.

This is MY opinion.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Mar 29, 14 8:23 PM

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 1:31:31 PM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 30, 14 4:45 AM
I was almost not going to post to this thread, based on the pretty, well, somewhat snarky responses to Fortunatus' post, which, by the way, I also don't entirely agree with, but that's life, isn't it? I've been a member of BFG for 4 years and rarely post and when I do, they're fairly strong opinions. I would hate to think I would be attacked every time I posted something someone else disagreed with. That's the quickest way I know of to destroy the safety and, yes, fun of being able to share opinions. My own take on the game situation is that the developers, whoever they are, are required to produce in bulk and the ability to come up with new and fresh ideas is an impossibility over time. So, I suppose they do as well as they can, given time constraints and the evident (to me at least) chronic inability to research fully the (pretend) eras they've set games in. As for Bridge to Another World (another partial victim of anachronisms), I just found after a while that it wasn't what I wanted to buy at this time, but I imagine that a lot of people will like it a lot. Just not me.

Go to: