Please post your Reviews for Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Mar 29, 14 12:36 AM
Here's a thread for your reviews!

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 8:42:01 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Please post your Reviews for Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 29, 14 3:56 AM

The VO's are amazing. I don't know who does the main character, but talk about serious meltdown on that VO. Kinda like when the girls swooned to wasn't it Frank Sinatra? He has one of the best VO's I've heard. And such a great sense of humor. And that little fairy is awesome. She will be very helpful. And that Dr. H would be the type women would fake illnesses just to go see. And that little Drako rocks! I want a wallpaper of him. He took my heart. Anyhoo this I can tell is going to be one awesome game!

Story: You and your little brother (who was totally adorable) is kidnapped by this evil mist and you have your mind set on saving him. Now it's twenty years later and the mist returned and you have to save your little brother from the countess who keeps him locked up on this island making him paint for her satisfaction. Will he recognize his brother after so long?

Graphics: Truly awesome. So crisp and clear. Kudos to the art team.

Mini Games: Not too hard or easy. Just right for me, (so far )

H0GS: The only one I have played so far was the one in the boat by the bridge and the purple words u have to do a couple extra steps to complete. Objects are very easy to see.

Music: Perfect for this game. Kudos to the music team. Very pleasant to listen to.

Map: It show yellow pawns as indications where to go to do things, and yes it's a jump map.

All in all 4 Friends Games did a superior job with this game. Kudos to the whole team!

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Please post your Reviews for Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Mar 29, 14 4:53 AM
Graphics are ok, not very detailed, story may be interesting once you get deeper into it, however I lost interest quickly.
I like a game that challenges me, with lots to do in between.
Sorry, not for me this time

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Mar 29, 14 8:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bridge to Another World: Burnt Dreams Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

CoolGrammy1
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by CoolGrammy1 on Mar 29, 14 11:27 AM
I really enjoyed the game and have put it on my must have list. Nice graphics, music is not too intrusive. I love the little dragon and the fairy. HO's are interactive and the puzzles are just right in difficulty for me. I will probably wait for the SE as I don't care about most of the CE bling although if the bonus chapter is worthwhile I sometimes will indulge in a CE.....

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 29, 14 1:04 PM
Well, I don't recognize the dev, but I don't pay much attention to that detail anyway. We have a little different story line today. None of the sister, Mother, wife, girlfriend, looking for their lost or missing brother, son, husband or boyfriend. Today, we have a brother looking for a brother...nice change. The graphics are very nice, clean, clear colors. Game play was very good, no problems at all. Music was soothing and I usually don't listen to it. Jump map is useful, but I didn't find myself using it that much. I didn't care for the set up. Colors are too muted and washed out and very uninteresting. Plus, you have too many areas that are open for "things to do here," at the same time. Voice overs are very well done and seem to be age and character appropriate...loved "big brother's" voice.

SG is the usual set up, with clear instructions and clear pictures when blown up. I didn't use the SG much either, since the hint system was very helpful and saved me the extra steps of opening the guide and such. Hint seemed to fill a bit slower than we have been use to lately. HOGs are the usual combination of standard and interactive HOG and silhouettes. Items are clear and not hard to find. A few are bit of a junk pile, but mostly very clean. Puzzles are not difficult, but a couple took me a minute to figure out.

There are the usual achievements and some collectibles. I liked the need to find pieces of art to put together to solve another puzzle. That was very different and fun. The other collectibles are morphing object/animals. You need to really look for these, as they are not as easy to spot as you may think. I seem to have a problem remembering to look. I got too wrapped up in the game play.

The intro was very well done and sort of drew me in right away. This game is not particularly challenging, but there is something about it that I really liked. Maybe it was the little dragon (I love dragons), or the fairies, or just because it was a very nice game. I think this one will appeal to all levels of players and is a definite buy for me. I just wish the CE extras just had a very nice and interesting bonus level and not all the other stuff...I don't much like paying for stuff I don't ever use.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 29, 14 1:34 PM
From a realm of dark mist and enchantment comes a game which will satisfy your "burning" desire to play with dragons, "hot" fairies with "flaming" hair (usually red follows flaming but in this case - it is just "flaming!" ) and other magical, mystical creatures - all of which should set your "heart on fire."

You are on a quest to find your brother who was captured by a dark mist twenty years earlier by an evil woman. Since your brother is an artist, whatever pictures are drawn turn into reality when set on fire. With the help of a fairy (I believe our male fish will really like the eye candy with little "Tinkerbell" ) and a cutesy dragon, you enter the mist in search of him.

First, the Friends (not the TV show, but rather the devs) have done a great job with the graphics. This game has stunning graphics. This is definitely an artist's game. Whatever pictures are drawn, become reality when set on fire. Throughout the game you collect puzzle pieces of artwork. which, when form a picture, allow you to change reality in the world of dark mist. The "muzac" is very soothing and almost meditative. From the demo I played, this seems to be more of an adventure game. There are three levels of play plus you are allowed to customize your game (Yeah!) and the map is decent. The HOP scenes are interactive. I only encountered two HOP scenes in the demo I played. The puzzles (what there were of them) were extremely easy. There are collectibles of magical creatures from this dark realm. As with Thursday's game, I found this game too easy and a little boring. The redeeming feature in this game, to me, is the beautiful artwork. This will be another game I will pass on. I really had a "burning desire" to play this game as the graphics were so well-done; however, it didn't have the criteria to make it a suitable game for "moi." Except for the "vampy" fairy, I think this game is better suited to a younger audience. I rate this game 3+ stars out of 5 stars. A very nice game - just not for me.

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 1:35:16 PM PST

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 29, 14 3:45 PM
I love to see games by new developers. The 4 Friends team did a fine job on this game. Very talented artists there. This plays like more of an adventure lite (very lite) game than a HOPA. I only ran across a few HOS and they were varied and clear. No junk piles. The puzzles, for me, were challenging and unique. I do like the idea of the mist and finding your brother. What it comes down to is this: besides for the game related achievements and the morphing objects, I don't feel this is worthy of a CE. I can take or leave morphing objects, and never use the wallpaper, etc. I will retry this as an SE. I think it was a good game. Not great, not poor. Just good. Enjoy

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 30, 14 3:08 PM
Even Burnt Dreams Can Come True

I rarely comment on the developer, but this one seems new. Their style resembles that of another dev, but this is nevertheless a good effort.

For a change, you play a male character. Twenty years ago, your younger brother (est. 5 years old) was snatched from a bridge before your eyes by a strange mist. Somehow this is related to the drawings your brother was making, as creatures from them come to life when in contact with the mist. You have been searching for your brother ever since, and finally you have the means, with the help of a strange Dr., to enter the mist and hopefully rescue him.

As stated earlier, the stylE is familiaR to thoSe of a three-letter developer. It is high quality, if not the highest. There is a lot of detail however, and the fairy tale style draws one into this strange world inside of the mist (the "Another World").

The voices are well done and well acted, although the Dr.'s voice sounded considerably younger than the look of the character. Game play is a good mix of hidden objects and puzzles, and the amount of difficulty is about right.

There is a little purple dragon helper who can start fires as well as get into small places. There are four difficulty levels, including one marked as Custom.

This CE version has many "pseudo-extras," as well as a small number of collectible creatures, extra game play and strategy guide.

Worth crossing the bridge to burn some time.

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 4:01:25 PM PST

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 31, 14 6:42 PM
From the Devs that created the series Living Legends: Frozen Beauty & Living Legends: Ice Queen comes this gem.
Personally I enjoyed the demo and have stopped to purchase. Interesting approach to the missing family member story with a touch of fantasy to lighten the theme. Nice clean graphics. No hand holding and I was particularly delighted when the first H0 popped up and it was loaded with items and detail. I have gotten a little tired of H0 scenes that you can do without looking at the list. Made it a buy for me.

As always
Try before you buy.
Happy Gaming

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 23, 14 1:13 PM
WOW...with this gem you will get your money's worth, and than some, LOT'S of gameplay, very LONG game, which is ALWAYS a BONUS !!

I REALLY enjoyed this CE, for so many reasons, like I said TONS of game play, really special EXTRA touches, that I found through out this magical, kingdom, which gave lots of AH HA moments .
The visuals and artistry are so well done, the story was captivating and unique, nice to have something different, for a change.
Also, I've seen many helpers, in my games, BUT this little Dragon was just, TOOOO CUTE, I fell in love with him, my heart will be sad, when I finish the game, boo hoo .
He looked so realistic, and LOVED his sounds, just wanted to cuddle him.lol!!
The fairy was BEAUTIFUL also, everything just felt REAL, so I think 4 brothers did an AWESOME job, and thank heavens for the map, a lot of back and forth, but the map made it easy !!
WHAT made these developers stand out to me, was the way they put their special touches on the puzzles, putting things together etc, it made the game FUN, and special from the normal, game play we see everyday.
The level of difficulty was perfect, to make the game flow, like I like it to, never got board, like in some games, and that is always a plus .
The main game was long, as well as the bonus, so, YOU GET YOUR MONEY'S WORTH, if your looking for a game, that is worthy of a CE, THIS GAME is it, IMHO.
I had a blast playing it, and LOOK forward to more games, from these developers, are you kidding me they knocked this one out of the gaming park..YAY!!!

[Post New]by gram_orboys on May 4, 14 10:40 PM
I got the CE and have had a great time with the main game and bonus game This is a relaxing game, even the puzzles and HOS.
Wish I could keep the dragon, so darn cute! When he is needed the curser will let ya know.
I'm sure it took me ages longer to play the game as I had to keep looking at all of the scenery, even in the HOS! I became so engrossed by everything on the scene I forgot to watch for the collection items.
Story not bad. Just always seem to be 2 minutes late in saving your brother!
This old girl thinks you will very muches enjoy this game!

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on May 15, 14 9:57 PM
i enjoyed this a great deal...not bothered by time lags or darkness but frankly i hate cute little dragons and find their noise annoying, their cuteness insipid and the idea of them abhorrent. great game tho!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 5, 14 10:04 AM
When I started playing this game I found myself looking for that cutesy little animal helper. I also noticed that I was not happy and was searching for problems. How many stupid puzzles that I have solved a million times before? How many puzzles that either insult my intelligence or are so difficult that my brain shuts down in protest and frustration?

Is this what playing so many HOGs and HOPAs has turned me into? A pessimist who is pretty sure she is going to be disappointed? I think it's because that cutesy animal helper has appeared so many times that I expect it. And those puzzles? How many times do I have to see the key that needs to be pushed through the door or the little latch that needs to be lifted with something thin and a ruler placed conveniently nearby? As for glitches - a game without glitches is a rarity. Even the last game I got with a credit BF gave me because of a glitchy game was full of glitches.

After playing this game for about ten minutes I realized that I was feeling something strange. I was actually enjoying myself.

How could that be? I don't even like fairies and dragons! I'm into creepy old motels and asylums that have been abandoned for decades but are not empty of evil beings and tragic memories.

Enjoying a game - that has not happened to me for awhile.

I don't know if I'm going to get a cutesy animal helper. There is the fairy but she does not count. There are cutesy animals here and I actually like them as long as the game is not dependent on their help. I prefer to solve problems on my own. I don't mean animal helpers don't have their place. I am a huge fan of Elf and so is my border collie. "Elf" is now her nickname. I also like Isis.

Here cutesy (and not-so-cutesy) animals are fine because they fit in with the plot. Actually, we can have ANYTHING here. I like that a lot. It opens the game up to a huge number of possibilities.

I also like the beginning to the game. It isn't really linear. There are lots of places to look and lots of items to find right from the get-go. And I want to find out what happens next because it could be anything.

I don't know about the glitches. I will check out the tech issues thread. But I am hopeful.

I think I am going to get this game. I've read the reviews here and see that lots of other fishies also like this game. Thank you all for those reviews - they helped me.

I am a happy fishie!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 29, 14 10:37 PM
Thank you I loved this game. Great graphics. The puzzles were different which I liked The morphing animals were a nice touch. Loved the fairy & The Littlehttp://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/reply/0/ Dragon. This was a good buy.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Apr 23, 15 5:03 PM
Really enjoyed this one and I agree with the positive reviewers and their excellent descriptions The only problem I found was the looong lag between scenes

Loved the little Dragon Helper & missed him when he left

Personally I thought the bonus chapter was as good as the main game and I;m glad I choose the CE

This one gets & 3/4 out of 5 {subtracted 1/4 for the looong lags}

Played on Desktop running Win.7 pro/64bit

Go to: