dianatron
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

'Friends'

[Post New]by dianatron on Mar 29, 14 3:49 PM
I have been forced to have around 6 'friends', and from what I can gather, u should be able to get through the game without spending'real' money! with the gifts that your 'friends send u however, although I have gifted every time I play, I have never received anything on my wish list, I am on level 20, and am beginning to think ive missed something somewhere! Does anybody have any suggestions?? At the moment because of the long delays, I either go picking flowers, or turn the game off for an hour, so that all the locations r open when I return, works quite well

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:'Friends'

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 29, 14 4:07 PM
A fair amount of the time your friends are also needing the items you place on your wish list. Other times your friends may have MANY MANY other friends - and since the game only allows gifting 5 friends a day they are trying to make sure everyone is gifted as it is possible. I myself have 25 active friends and try to give each one a gift at least once a week if they have items on their list that I'm not in immediate need of or am not currently out of.

It is better too that you have all four slots open on your wish list to increase your chances of getting gifts. Spend the diamonds it takes to open them up - it's worth it.

Also, Go ahead and accept more friends which will increase your chances that someone can give you what you need. There is a sticky with friend codes to go through. Start at the most current posts as these are players that likely don't have too many friends and are likely to accept your invitation.

I was recieving one or two gifts a week for quite a while until I increased my friends list.

Furthermore, it is entirely possible to play for free - it will simply take longer.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 29, 14 4:20 PM
I am a firm believer in "you can never have too many friends". I cannot afford to spend cash on this game, so I just take things at a relaxed pace. I see what can be done towards the quests I have, play the other hidden object scenes that are available, send my airship off on another cargo run, spin the wheel or play dice if those are available, gather flowers as I make my rounds then exit and do something else for a while. I am now at level 14 and I have only received one gift. I send gifts five times each day, if I have the items others have on their "wish list". I always have lots of things that I don't need at the moment, but no one has them on their wish list. It would be wonderful if we had some way of letting others know what we have a surplus of so someone who needs those items could use them.

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 4:21:29 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 29, 14 4:31 PM
Also, Dianatron, since you're at a higher level, your friends may not have access to what you've put on your wishlist. The more complicated or expensive an item you request, the less likely someone will have an extra around. This is especially true once you get into the crafting from crafted items in level 20. If you've got a pet, pet food is a fairly easy one for people to come up with, or markers, which are used a lot in the later stages but not so much early on. Try changing up what you ask for, that may help too. Good luck.

[Post New]by reagangirl on Mar 29, 14 4:51 PM
Hello!

I just read your post and I am willing to send you stuff on your wish list. My friend code is 227681. I just started playing the game today so I am only on level 9, but I am willing to share what I have.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 29, 14 6:43 PM
Hi Dianatron

I don't know what the items on your wishlist are (don't have you in my friends list, not under this name anyway), so I can't really say why you may not get any gifts back. But, as was said, those on the higher level often want items that either those on the lower level haven't got yet or which other gamers who are also on a higher level will need as well.

For example, I have never asked for items that needed to be crafted first, and always tried to only add things to my wishlist that are usually easy to come by.

Also, some of us have a lot of friends. At this moment, I have 567 friends and am struggling handing over gifts. Will take a year+ before I get through it all.

Also, although I try to gift those who gift me, I prefer to help those gamers who are still struggling on the lower levels rather than those who are already up there on the higher levels. But that's just how I feel about gifting. Those on level 21 and 22 don't really need my help anymore, but those on level 8 or 9, for example, do.

Edited on 03/29/2014 at 6:52:05 PM PST

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Mar 29, 14 7:27 PM
Hi dianatron,

Perhaps another possibility. I hit the wall at level 18 and recently got back in. I didn't even have six friends. I took a look at my friends list and (excluding John/Just John) I sent a requested item to each friend. I put an easily obtained item on my list. Got a gift back from one person. Took a close look at the items that the other friends wanted over the next several days and saw no changes whatsoever. I'm thinking that they either are unable to play or are not playing any more. Maybe it's the same for some of your friends?

salsaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by salsaz on Mar 29, 14 8:10 PM
Check what is on your wishlist. It may be items that everyone needs, like pet food or things for the hard to open boxes/chests, in which case I (and probably others) send gifts to the people that have things on their wishlist that you can afford to let go off without making it too hard on yourself.

I have quite a few "friends" that only have pet food on their wishlist, or crafted items, neither of which I can afford to let go of (unless it's tiger or pig food), so I can't send them gifts - would love to if they changed their wishlist.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 29, 14 8:28 PM
I have one game with over 400 friends, like Valdy it will take me a year at 5 gifts per day, always providing I have what is on the wish list. Some days you will be swamped with gifts, others not so much. I try to gift newer players where I can to help them along and also try to gift from every section of the alphabet where possible so that those at the end don't get missed out.

Happy playing, This is a great game & the social side is a real benefit as is the strategy guide, with has had a lot of work put into by the author.

Cheers,

Bondi Girl

Go to: