Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Gifting newer players?

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 29, 14 9:01 PM
I have seen it stated a few times that some people on higher levels prefer to gift to those on lower levels.

I have two games going, one level 20 and another at a lower level. My feeling is that getting your items on lower levels is easy. I don't feel that the lower level people need the help so much as those trying to find items and going around in circles...example - six paws and the bow.

People on lower levels have less HO scenes and demands to find items. Their HO scenes recharge faster. On level 12 finding all the items for the Winter Idol takes little effort but I dread finding them on level 20 and because all my friends want them too they are rarely gifted. I needed the winter idol 3 times today but I gifted one devil's glove and a mask of virtue. Just took me longer to complete.

What's nice about lower level players is that the items they want I already have in inventory from months of playing. It's tempting to make it easy on my inventory and send off a butterfly for the astral lamp but I continue to send out phoenix and puppy food and fangus to higher levels.

I do wonder if some of the lower level players are still playing when they've been on level 9 for weeks.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Gifting newer players?

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 29, 14 9:45 PM
That's not how I see it. For example, I remember all of us struggling at the beginning, most everybody needed the "Torch" for the "Burning Tree". Or needing the Key... "A Kingdom for a Key", we cried.

When you are higher up, you may see the lower levels as easy, maybe have even forgotten your own struggles, but I think that no matter where you are, there are easy and hard times.

Never said I didn't gift those on the higher levels, I just want to make sure I don't forget those who just started out either.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 29, 14 10:15 PM
I guess it's because I don't feel that I struggled early on. I thought it was easy. I waited 15 minutes or 1/2 hour and and I got my torch or my murderer's eye or whatever was needed. You didn't craft as much either. It seems that I was at level 8 in only a few days. Now we're waiting an hour each time for recharge...groan..

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Mar 30, 14 1:57 AM
One thing I have noticed, you can only gift items that are of a friends level I was trying to move one item to get to a friend but couldn't put it on a lower gift list.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 30, 14 7:15 AM
(xxxxx), I was not picking on any one person or pointing out any particular player. I didn't even remember who said that they like to give to lower players. I was simply commenting on it and sharing an opinion. I don't see anywhere in what I've written that I've attacked any of my friends. People play the way they want to play.

I have not spent any money on this game (but I wanted to). I have no idea where you got your information. The early game is easy for the reasons I pointed out, not because of money.

I also state that I have two games going. I have one at level 14. If you are having trouble 'getting what you want' you need to read the thread I started or LadySabelle's help thread. They explain how to make the game work for you.

This thread is my fault because I should know better than to share my opinion. Nobody cares and it causes problems for the opinionator.

Edit - I don't want to remove this post because it will confuse people but I've removed the name and want to say that that person and I are 'good' now. See my post below.

Edited on 03/30/2014 at 12:34:27 PM PST

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 30, 14 9:13 AM
I understand Amerzone's point; on the lower levels finding what you need is a whole lot easier and faster. And to Valdy's point, my initial gameplay was fraught with frustration and impatience at completing the quests. Oh, if I only knew then what I know now. Some people are used to playing regular HO games and this one is definitely different; you aren't just solving puzzles to get to the end, the journey is the whole point. When you have several characters with multiple quests all asking for an item from the same place, then it gets hairy. If you need to open the Winter Idol on a lower level, you need 2 masks of virtue and 2 devils gloves; that's 4 times playing the HO scenes. Higher up you may need to visit the Winter Idol three or more times simultaneously, that's 12 times playing the HO scenes. Same for the Flag and the Ice Monster, etc.

Like Amerzone, I have not spent any money on this game. If you are patient enough, you will get what you need eventually. But it does take a great deal of patience. I've spent lots and lots of coins on the Fortune Wheel and had to play the HO scenes for days to get the money back.

And I also give gifts to a fellow gamer that I myself need. That's part of the whole social experience in this game. I enjoy giving and I have the time to earn that item back.

I tried to craft an item for someone, but because it wasn't part of a quest I had, I couldn't get the related items needed. I wish this would change.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Mar 30, 14 11:27 AM
Amerzone, I think this question is a valid one. I'm surprised you got trolled (tho it looks like that entry has been removed).

I think we're friends - what's your name in the game?

Sheilala

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Mar 30, 14 11:35 AM
Amerzone,

This thread is my fault because I should know better than to share my opinion. Nobody cares and it causes problems for the opinionator.

I'm guessing someone PM'd you regarding your post. I personally did not find anything in your post that should have ruffled any feathers. We all have our opinions and there is nothing wrong with sharing them.

Shake it off and keep posting.

Regards,
Shilo

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Mar 30, 14 12:31 PM
Hi everyone, the other post was removed and that person and I have had a nice conversation in PM. I was too defensive and they misunderstood me. They are a very nice person who was experiencing a lot of frustration with the game. We all know the higher levels are crushers.

I what I was thinking when I wrote my post was how simple the game seems in my lower level game and how hard it is in my higher level game. I send myself stuff from the lower level game to help my higher level game. It's easier to make it in the lower level game. A lot less requests and less crafting required.

Sheilala, I'm Pepper (20) and Spicey (14).

If I offended anyone, I truly am sorry. I did not mean to be controvercial (sp).

Go to: