Edited on 03/30/2014 at 8:39:27 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 30, 14 8:39 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Mar 30, 14 10:53 AM
Game crashed for third time about thirty minutes into Demo, and I was back at the start of the game, very disappointed as this seems to be a good game,
will wait and see if others have problem, Playing on MacBook Pro retina Display

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 30, 14 3:15 PM
I played the demo on the CE version of this game and had no problems with the play at all. If you read my review of the CE, you will see that I did not feel that it was CE worthy. After playing the SE version, I still agree. The graphics are pretty good for this game and so far the game play has been fine, except for an occasional choppy movement here and there.

HOGs are fairly simple and items are easy to find. Puzzles are not difficult either. As I said before, the game is rather quiet and would have been sufficiently creepy with more sound FX. Not much in the way of voice overs either.

Naturally, there are no extras in the SE, but that's okay too. There is plenty to do. From the look of the jump map, which is well marked and easy to follow, it is a fairly long game.

As I have said many times before, I often purchase the SE version of a CE game when I don't feel it is CE worthy (not always). I did buy this one and other than it being too quiet, I have enjoyed playing. This is a nice SE game for those "I don't have anything better to do" days.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by polarb on Mar 30, 14 8:40 PM
I can't seem to go any further with the letter X, after you clean the foot print you can see the letter but will not let me pick it up. I also can't pop the balloon to get to the other items. When will this problem get fixed. Your customers pay their money for these games, these problems should be fixed, so we can enjoy the games.

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Mar 31, 14 12:42 AM
This may not be the right place to post my problem but since my problem started after downloading the demo of this game, I am going to post here. After downloading the game to try, I cannot get the Game Manager to work. I cannot open it at all. I sent a message to customer service today but was just wondering if anyone else is having any problem with Game Manager? Sorry everyone, I clicked on the wrong game forum. It was the Bridge to another world.game. Anyway the problem still is not resolved. Any help?

Edited on 03/31/2014 at 8:02:43 AM PST

Sher_lock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sher_lock on Mar 31, 14 7:47 AM
polarb wrote:I can't seem to go any further with the letter X, after you clean the foot print you can see the letter but will not let me pick it up. I also can't pop the balloon to get to the other items. When will this problem get fixed. Your customers pay their money for these games, these problems should be fixed, so we can enjoy the games.

You don't actually pop the balloon. There is a fan behind the basket that is used to fan it out of the way.

[Post New]by 2gooddogs on Mar 31, 14 5:49 PM
Had a problem in the SE of this game. The mini game where I have to use the pencil to get the image to appear for a future mini game, will only let me get 80 % of the image to appear. No matter how long I "rub" the image, it will not go past 80%, so I had to skip. I tried 3 times and consulted the walk through, which was no help. Very frustrating since I like to avoid skips to get more achievements. It's not the end of the world, but I should at least have a fighting chance to do all mini games without skips.

[Post New]by docbagby on Apr 1, 14 2:53 PM
I purchased the game True Fear: Forsaken Souls and got to near the end and could not get the lock bits to complete the game so I started over. Now the train has only 2 straight up and down pieces and you need 3 to complete. I really want my money back.

mariets
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mariets on Apr 2, 14 1:29 PM
I got almost to the end then realised I couldn't complete the compass as I had no needle to magnetise.it should have been picked up in the treehouse hog. I uninstalled.reinstalled. changed my profile and started agaiin. Got to the same point in the game and it happened again. I wany my money back please!!!

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 1:30:13 PM PST

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Apr 5, 14 12:54 PM
Docbagby - I felt the same when I came to the railway track and was missing a rail, I tried several different ways and it did not fit as it was still missing an up/down track. I left the game and wandered around doing other things I received the track outside the game. Sorry, but I can't remember where. I opened something and there it was. Hope you go back to find it as it is a good game with a good story.

Opsimath
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Map and Hint no longer work

[Post New]by Opsimath on Apr 8, 14 3:23 PM
I made it as far as the underground graves, have all but one skull and thought all was going well ... then, suddenly, the screen refreshed and I no longer have a map that works. Also, if I click on Hint, the creature's eyes emit a short red stream, she sighs and that's that! I don't know where to go or what to do. I NEED that map! Can anyone help?

I'm using a PC with Windows 7.
Thanks.

[Post New]by watermelondebbie on Apr 21, 14 11:23 PM
Hey there!

I downloaded the trial and got to the kitchen and opened all the cabinets and drawers and doors except for one because my cursor wouldn't change to a hand. It's the cabinet below the sink which has rubber gloves I need. I can't get them and can't move forward in the game without them so what is wrong? The only reason I know what's in the cabinet is because I found a walkthrough which told me. I also initially had asked for a hint which pointed to this cabinet.

I'm using a PC with windows XP. Take note that another player complained about the same thing in the forums. I hope you can help me.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Apr 26, 14 11:33 PM
docbagby and Tartanpimpernel,

SPOILER …….

the missing piece of train track is in the electrical panel outside of Grandfather's shed/studio.

Debra_Jean
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

So near the end, but...

[Post New]by Debra_Jean on Apr 28, 14 11:37 PM
I am not able to find the sword on the underground platform. Apparently, I am supposed to hack the handle of the sword to get the king figure. I have a hacksaw, a crowbar, a dagger, and the compass. When I go above ground, the large cistern is now in the yard with no wheels, but with an "action" wheel on it, likewise, the firehose and spigot in the basement (and the cistern is still in the basement, crashed through the wall!). I never got a dumbbell to throw down the well, and the verbiage is stating that I should throw something heavy down the well. I looked at the walkthrough, and it says nothing about two cisterns and doing something with the firehose after breaking through the wall.

My map works, though with no ! icon for "available location," and the doll emits a red "breath", raises and lowers its head and then does nothing.

Help! I think something is definitely wrong. I haven't had any problem up to this point.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

So near the end, but...

[Post New]by WilJul on May 2, 14 5:54 PM
Debra_Jean wrote:I am not able to find the sword on the underground platform. Apparently, I am supposed to hack the handle of the sword to get the king figure. I have a hacksaw, a crowbar, a dagger, and the compass. When I go above ground, the large cistern is now in the yard with no wheels, but with an "action" wheel on it, likewise, the firehose and spigot in the basement (and the cistern is still in the basement, crashed through the wall!). I never got a dumbbell to throw down the well, and the verbiage is stating that I should throw something heavy down the well. I looked at the walkthrough, and it says nothing about two cisterns and doing something with the firehose after breaking through the wall.

My map works, though with no ! icon for "available location," and the doll emits a red "breath", raises and lowers its head and then does nothing.

Help! I think something is definitely wrong. I haven't had any problem up to this point.
So sorry, Debra_Jean, but you have encountered one of innumerable glitches in this game. You should first off report the glitch to tech support directly - the more complaints and more info they have, the more likely to get a fix.

Also, you can check out the thread discussing this issue, "Dumbell did not appear after HOS and now can't use hacksaw on sword", you can get there by copying and pasting this URL: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/272843.page#5660625.

Sorry, so far there seems to be no fix except starting over.

Go to: