Edited on 03/30/2014 at 8:40:55 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your Reviews for True Fear: Forsaken Souls here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 30, 14 8:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on True Fear: Forsaken Souls here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on True Fear: Forsaken Souls.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on Mar 30, 14 5:54 PM
Love, love, love this game. Finally a game on the creepy side for adults. You are left alone with your wits to figure out this story. I did buy the CE of this game because I had been waiting so anxiously for its release. Heavy on adventure, light on HOS. No pretty bright colors. No fairies or butterflies floating around. Dingy, grey, dark game, which is perfect for the story. For those complaining of a dark game, there are plenty of bright fairy tale games to choose from. Creepy games should be dark. Game play can be tricky which is also why I love this game. You actually have to think. Very little help available. If you miss picking something up to put in your inventory, things are not going to work out with opening doors, etc. I had no technical problems with the game at all. There were times I was totally stumped and thought it was a technical problem, but it was the fact that I had missed picking something up for my inventory. I highly recommend this game. I'd vote it game of the year.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 1, 14 9:06 PM
I, too, really do love this game. I've played the first two "acts." The end of each left me salivating for more! I can't wait to find out what the third act will bring.

This is quite a long game. There is a transporting map and a journal, both of which are helpful, especially the map, as there are many locations to visit. The artwork is average, but the cut scenes are wonderful and add to the overall atmosphere. Did I jump at some of them? Yes, I did.

There is more adventure than either HOS or mini games. Parts of each HOS are interactive, but not progressive. The mini games seem to be the usual things you find in a lot of games, and they are easy enough. There are skip buttons available for both HOS and games, and don't take too long to fill.

The creep factor is 100 percent. If you are prone to nightmares brought on by scary movies, ghost stories and the like, my advice would be to skip this one.

If this game were a novel, I would definitely want to read it.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 9:44:46 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 3, 14 7:36 AM
average game (imo) floating cursor was horrible, far too much talking
no buy here!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 3, 14 4:39 PM
I really hate spending a couple of hours on a game that ends with "to be continued"...that is just plain unprofessional...if you can't finish designing the game completely, then don't release it.

This creepy game was entertaining but could be frustrating and not for people who hate things that "go bump in the dark". The skip/hint is a really creepy doll which seems to refresh quite quickly. Scenes seem to change at the first of the game and it was confusing for awhile just where I was relocated to and whose sisters and mothers and grandparents are who....a lot of names to keep track of. Story is not that unique and sort of jumps around.

Transporter map was good and there are a lot of places to go but having a good memory of just what should be done there and which one of the ever growing inventory list should be used is important or you will use the hint a lot.

Graphics and aniimations were good, but really dark. HOS and minigames were the usual. Hard to put my finger on what was just a bit odd about this game that made it awkward to play sometimes.

Outside of the tacky ending which wasn't an ending...I would give this a 3 out of 5....still can't figure whose sister is whose, what this chick is looking for and what the family relationships are...kinda muddy.

Edited on 04/03/2014 at 4:41:08 PM PST

[Post New]by rcoast911 on Apr 3, 14 7:25 PM
Absolutely love this game. It scared me half to death at many spots! Even the music gave me the chills. I found the puzzles on the easy side, which was ok due to the superb job of thrills!

Well done. Waiting impatiently for the next installment!

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Apr 7, 14 7:27 PM
WOW...BEST creepy game EVER!!!! I cannot wait!!!

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on May 2, 14 8:05 PM
I thought this game was really good. Storyline was a bit different from most of the other ones. You're looking for your missing sister, but there are many situations attached to this storyline that makes it unique.

I do agree that it is for mature audiences - the girl ghost (?) was creepy looking, blood smears on the floor, etc.

The graphics were nicely detailed, but they do have a grey/dark cast to them. This was ok as the character was looking in deteriorated rooms and basements, not picking flowers!

However....the ending really ticked me off. One minute you're listening to a tape in grandfather's room and the next minute you're looking at a message stating "Continued Fall 2014." Apparently this is part 1 of a trilogy. Don't have a problem with that as long as I know up front and can make a decision as to whether to purchase it or not. Not sure whether I'm going to purchase part 2 because of this.

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 8:06:45 PM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on May 16, 14 12:04 PM

What a fabulous creepy atmospheric game - I LOVED it.

At last !! a story for grown-ups with no cute little helpers, thank goodness.

The scary bits even made me jump a few times. Brilliant all the way through, kept the scariness going. The overall graininess and muted colours enhanced the story.

I enjoyed this game so much, kept my attention and interest from beginning to end.

Can't wait for the sequels, hurry up devs !!

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 22, 14 1:05 PM
This game disappointed me. It was confusing in places, not that creepy in others and the back and forth drove me crazy as a loon!
I won't be partaking in the 2nd or 3rd game unless I play this game again at some point and figure it out. Oh and btw, I didn't complete it because I got stuck in the tomb doing the compass puzzle. Never did figure it out.
It's not often a game comes along that I don't like but this is one.

Edited on 05/22/2014 at 1:06:00 PM PST

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Jul 14, 14 6:58 AM
Loved this game. It's been awile since I've played a game that creeped me out that much. Was a little disappointed in the ending. But I guess it makes me excited for the next installment. Can't wait for it.

kiwiyumyum
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kiwiyumyum on Aug 13, 14 1:05 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed this game - it's a little different - enjoyed the HOPs, puzzles and the story [usually I don't take a lot of notice of the story but this one held my interest] - can't wait for the sequel. Any idea how long it will be before it is released?

Gatorau
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Gatorau on Aug 21, 14 1:41 PM
Creepy, scary game that actually made me jump in places. Loved the storyline, loved the graphics, HO scenes were challenging. Very much looking forward to the sequel.

patschatz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by patschatz on Dec 3, 14 4:20 PM
Hate games that are to be continued. Won't be buying the next chapter, feel cheated!

[Post New]by Lydia2010 on Feb 8, 15 1:38 PM
I love this game so much! I agree that it's really creepy but it's still a great game. Deserved to play at night I just started it. I might just get jump scares during the cut-scenes! I guess I will, who knows? I don't know how anyone could have any negative reviews. It's probably the BEST game I've played yet ! I can't wait for the the Asylum part to be continued!! LOVE IT!

Edited on 02/08/2015 at 9:00:41 PM PST

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Mar 9, 15 1:29 PM
.................The game was OK, and I loved the creepy artwork, BUT didn' care for the ending......which keeps you asking, "is that all there is"?? and "is this the end"???

[Post New]by OregonPandora on Apr 11, 15 8:00 AM
I am hoping that this game being a DD means the next installment is coming soon!!!!!

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 21, 15 1:55 PM
Based on completed game:

I thoroughly enjoyed this CREEP-fest w/ perfect background music to match! Graphics were clear, dialogues/ VOs were convincing, story unfolded so well via notes, photos and the mystery kept building via creepy locations, twists and turns. I didn't mind the cliffhanger "to be continued" ending as I felt it matched the horror theme very well. Throughout the game, that feeling of horror just around the corner was always present. Cut scenes were just right. Perfect balance of all game elements, IMHO.

Loved the attention to details: The invisible dog prints, shadows of knives on walls, candle light on face, shadows, stained wallpaper, blood smears, derelict house.........I could go on.

HOPs were clear and rightly cluttered w/ items true to game's theme. I liked how HOPS areas blurred (horror movie-style) instead of sparkles. Puzzles were easy, some clues were a bit misleading (Ex: cell = bird cage) & task windows didn't close when finished.

A fantastic, no-frills game - can't wait to play the sequel.

Go to: