Edited on 03/31/2014 at 8:42:46 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your Reviews for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Mar 31, 14 8:42 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 31, 14 11:11 AM
Hello all. Second game in this series today. I didn't care much for the first one and the devs obviously didn't pay much attention to the comments for this one. However, the graphics are very cartoon like, but they seem to fit this game. Colors are bright and clear. Game play was good, except that it seemed to lag between scenes. Music was annoying, so I turned it down low. No voice overs in this one either, but it worked well without them. I think it would have been too much for this game. The map is clear and areas are easy to find. There is a click penalty...how unusual.

I like that you can replay the same area if you miss something. Besides being a straight HOG, there are a lot of items to find outside the HOG. Collectibles are the trash, which are not that easy to find. It would have been helpful if we had a counter to at least tell us how many we needed to find. You need to find animals, which are identified by their silhouette in the bottom left corner. Some blend in too well and are very difficult to find (I'm still missing a frog from the cabin), and you can't skip to go to the next one (at least I couldn't find a skip). Items are very small and in some cases, you only see a small portion, so you really have to look around in and out of the HOG. Okay, what is the "eagle eye bonus?" I accidentally found one, but don't know what it was. Games were fun, mostly simple.

All that being said, I do sometimes like a straight HOG. Even though I didn't care for the first game, I did like this one and I will get it. My grandson loves these and his eyes are much better than mine. Actually, I think this will appeal to all levels of players, especially if you just like to relax and have a little fun for a change and not be running from some creepy, spooky entity.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this on at all. Thanks for the reviews.

ezputt
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ezputt on Mar 31, 14 1:51 PM
Hi everyone,
I loved the first game but this one is full of junk.....can hardly see what you are looking for, too bad it would have been a great second.

Have a great week fishies!!

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Mar 31, 14 2:10 PM
Even with my large, wide-screen monitor, I thought a few of the items in the very first HOS were either so small or so indistinguishable that I quit the game immediately afterward. For example: one item was supposed to be a glove, but even after I gave up and used a hint, I still couldn't see that it looked like a glove, even with the arrow pointing right to it. Forget it....

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 31, 14 2:37 PM
This game the DEV's made a mistake by making items to small and hard on the eyes The story line is cuteI liked the graphics and things to do but just hard on the eyes to find things.. sor ry devs..

ezputt
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ezputt on Apr 1, 14 2:12 PM
Hello again fishies,

Tried to like this game...since the first one was great,....but this one as I said before is very hard on the eyes and the tiny objects are very hard to find.. too bad I bought this game, I am not enjoying it at all. Maybe some of you younger people will enjoy it.

Good gaming all,

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 3, 14 4:54 AM
I broke down and got this game I liked the story line and the music sold me on this game Just so relaxing,,The game was not that bad even tho the items was pretty small..myabe the devs thought it was ok..anyhoo it is a game I would recommend to the other fishes..Maybe it did not have all the bells and whistles..but I am sure as you get futher it will be fun..Thx BF..

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Apr 3, 14 10:44 AM
I totally enjoyed this game. It was a refreshing change from the darker themed games. I actually felt like I was taking a mini vacation while I was playing. If you haven't been to the National Parks in the western US, this really is what they look like. I personally love these parks, so I enjoyed being taken there by this game.

Yes, a few of the scenes were a little frustrating because the objects were hard to see, and I too wish we knew how many pieces of garbage were to be found in each scene. Nonetheless, the overall atmosphere of the game was a refreshing change. I know I'll be replaying this game many times. I hope there is a Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Apr 5, 14 1:00 AM
I loved this game as I did the first one and will be waiting for Park Ranger 3. Thank you BFG for this one. Relaxing and reminders of camping days.

[Post New]by frayalex8236 on Apr 16, 14 11:05 AM
The pictures are soooo tiny I cannot play without getting a headache. Please make your pictures visable for folks that do not have 20-20 vision and are over 70 years of age. This is great entertainment for retired people that can't get out a lot and I did enjoy the first game - that's why I purchased part 2.

jeanjrs
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jeanjrs on Jun 1, 14 9:12 PM
I just purchased this game and finding it fun to play. However, I wish they would say how many pieces of trash in each game so that I would know exactly how many pieces to find. I find 3 and then when I get the results - it will say found 2 of 4 ---- so then i go back to find more. Hope I am understanding this correctly.
Any suggestions would help. Thanks - jeanjrs

Go to: