Edited on 04/01/2014 at 8:51:37 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Magic Griddlers here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 1, 14 8:49 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for getting the reviews thread started pondprowler.

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Magic Griddlers here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Magic Griddlers.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Apr 1, 14 12:33 PM
I love griddlers and World Mosaics but these griddlers from 8 floor are really the dregs. They came out with a basic griddlers game months ago and just keep changing the graphics while leaving the gameplay alone. And the gameplay is awful!! It only takes a few rounds before I get a message saying I've made too many mistakes (they allow 2 mistakes) and do I want to start over. No, I don't want to start over - I want to learn from my mistakes, but they don't allow that. Avoid these games at all costs. I wouldn't play them if they were free,

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Apr 1, 14 1:14 PM
I love griddlers and World Mosaics but these griddlers from 8 floor are really the dregs. They came out with a basic griddlers game months ago and just keep changing the graphics while leaving the gameplay alone. And the gameplay is awful!! It only takes a few rounds before I get a message saying I've made too many mistakes (they allow 2 mistakes) and do I want to start over. No, I don't want to start over - I want to learn from my mistakes, but they don't allow that. Avoid these games at all costs. I wouldn't play them if they were free,

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Apr 1, 14 3:47 PM
Domo origato, BF. Love these games. Keep them coming. Sorry if I disrespect other reviewers - but to me, these games are very simplistic. If you are new to the games, I can imagine that you would be irritated by starting over again. However, if you are uncertain of a move, you do have hints.

My advice to new players is to take your time and count spaces. I do so many of these while working on projects to help me focus, I can go through at least 10 or more in a half hour. I really don't have to count - but I have done these since I was a kidlet. They are based on a "5" series (5-10-15-20-25 spaces etc.) so once you have mastered placing numbers based on this system, they become pretty easy. I am so glad we now have more of these Ekaki (Japanese lingo) games. Good luck to those who are new to these. They are form of Sudoku - but I find these so much more entertaining that Kakuro, Ken-ken or the other variations. It is fun to get a picture at the end.

If you think these are hard, try playing these with 60 x 75 spaces or more in pencil and not by computer. If you make a mistake - try fixing that! Not for everyone, but if you like math (myself having had 4 dreaded semesters of calculus) you will love these.

A1psyko
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Love this type of game.

[Post New]by A1psyko on Apr 18, 14 7:32 AM
Once I learned how to work this type of puzzle, it is much easier. I do have one question. I finished the last game "Pet" and received all the trophies but when I exit the game it asks me if I want to quit because the Pets still need my help. Is there a level I am missing? How do I get to it if there is?

Shauntie1
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Magic Griddlers

[Post New]by Shauntie1 on Apr 30, 14 4:49 PM
Great Game. I am completely addicted to this. Is easy in the beginning (small grids) but it gets more difficult as you go on. If you pay attention and work the tutorial correctly (which is easy and well done), you should have no problem. The only problem I do have, which I am trying to break is not paying enough attention to which grid form I have chosen. Sometimes, I think I have changed the X to the solid square but have not. I make some really dumb mistakes this way. Is ok though if I have to start over, I usually get a better score with each try.

Lovin this game.

Go to: