Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Today's DD - April 1, 2014

[Post New]by Bpup on Apr 1, 14 9:50 AM
Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two is being offered as today's Daily Deal. Grab this game! It is a steal at $2.99.

It is probably one of the best of the builder/time management game series out there; I don't like the Dash/TM type of games but I do enjoy well-done builder-types and this is definitely one. The graphics are extremely well done, the game is interesting and challenging in a good way, the music suits the game and is unobtrusive, and the gameplay is smooth.

The levels are timed and the aim is to complete each level within the time frame to gain a piece of a golden icon. Completion of the icon seems to increase the playing time of the "Conclusion" level of the game. But you can play each level beyond the time the timer runs out; you aren't required to replay the level in order to advance, so the game can be played at your own pace without pressure.

The Adelandato series is one of the few games that I have actually replayed. With all of the games I took my time with the first run through, mainly because I wanted to fully explore the world (and I really enjoyed having the conquistador chop down all the vegetation and completely explore the cavern systems). The second run-through was to try to achieve gold on all the levels, which I was ultimately able to do. I found that I enjoyed trying to figure out what resources I really needed to achieve completion of the level and which activities just wasted my time when trying to complete the level within the time limit. It was almost like I got two games for the price of one, because I played each with a different goal in mind.

I've play Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two on both Windows Vista and Windows 8.1 computers and it worked well on both of them. A head's up regarding Adelantado Trilogy: Book One, though - it will play on Vista (and Win7 as far as I know) but there is a problem with the video on Win 8/8.1. I've already brought it to the attention of the game's developers, so hopefully they will come out with a fix for that. However, the good news is that Adelantado Trilogy: Book Three works well on Vista and Win 8.1; I've played it on both.

Even if you don't think that you like time management games, take advantage of today's DD on AT:B2. It's just too good of a game not to try.

Go to: