Share your game tips...

[Post New]by 45045Kamehameha on Apr 1, 14 3:48 PM
What are you doing to keep busy while we wait for updates. fixes and new goodies?

I've saved up over 10 million in silver and 2 million in juju.

I like finding fun posts in the forum to help pass the time.

How do you stay engaged?

Re:Share your game tips...

[Post New]by panfishngal on Apr 1, 14 4:18 PM
Well, I just accepted your neighbor request. I'm Heebie Jeebies. I don't have near what you have accumulated. But, also not as advanced into the game as you. I count myself lucky as I'm not one of those experiencing the game crashes. I go back and forth between this game and another Big Fish sponsored one of Midnight Castle.
I make goals, then find myself breaking them all the time! LOL...but enjoy the game very much.

[Post New]by 45045Kamehameha on Apr 1, 14 4:26 PM
I thought that was you! Welcome to the neighborhood.
I get kicked out quite a bit with some error message, but can usually log back in without much fuss, so I consider myself lucky. Losing energy can be discouraging, but I can roll with it.

One benefit is I have been able to accumulate enough silver I can go on spending sprees and gift neighbors with premium gifts on a whim. SO- if you see a teepee or wagon or something else in your gift queue, don't feel the need to reciprocate. I've been gifting lower level neighbors a bit more than usual.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Apr 1, 14 4:56 PM
Not much of a tip, but I've just been trying to level up. When I can log in, I buy cauldrens and hearts, to percolate on the farm to level up. Gift my neighbors with the 13 free, then the rest with wagons and grave markers. Play until I get the boot...and try again later...

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 1, 14 5:36 PM
Working on buying land.. I have 11 plots perculating now, After that I only have 5 other plots of land, which I am working on accumulating the silver to do so once these plots finish perculating and allow me to get to the last 5 plots..

I have been enjoying the update they recently made (probably the one that broke stuff on others).. But I use up my energy then variate between the ??? machines and the neighbor visits to get at least 17 energy to play in my own area.. But while at the neighbors I play their blitz game.. They are now a good random mix, not like it was when they first were added and playing only the first & last on the list.) If I get a game that will give me less then 1,000 I exit and then go back in to get a higher paying game.. With this method I get a lot of variety and a lot of silver & XP points.. I have been leveling up at least once every other day.

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Apr 1, 14 5:46 PM
I talked my husband into starting a manor so that I can "help him" by playing it for him.

other than that, I work on accumulating gold, silver and juju in preparation for the next chapter and the hoped for easter scavenger hunt and other goodies.

I've also been enjoying perusing the "add neighbour" lists and picking out new players at low levels, and then gifting them with 15 energy and a cauldron or nudi branch.

00 morticias arms AND my husbands Morticia Manor

BeeOK
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BeeOK on Apr 1, 14 6:16 PM
Hello new neighbor Kamehameha!

I am working toward a few things during the lull:
-- Build up enough juju to open chapter 15 scenes when they are released.
-- Stockpile silver, wait for a sale, then make a dent in the 20+ plots of land I have left to summon.
-- Make level 55 in order to unlock that last free silver gift for my neighbors.
-- Buy the 6 premium scenes I don't yet have. Have been slowly getting them in order of how well I like the bonus items.
-- Like others, I like to gift lower level neighbors with premium gifts. Teepees and cauldrons are my favorites to give.
-- Decorate! And visit my neighbors to admire the interesting things they are doing with their grounds

Hill House lvl 52

Edited on 04/01/2014 at 6:36:40 PM PST

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Apr 1, 14 6:38 PM
BeeOK wrote:

-- Stockpile silver, wait for a sale, then make a dent in the ~20 plots of land I have left to summon.

I stocked up on silver hoping for a land sale that included silver. They just did a land sale, but only for people who had gobs & gobs of gold.. The last land sale they did also was only for those with gold.. I ended up with the full amount of silver for all the land that was open for me to buy, so I bought them full price.. Unfortunately us silver guys I don't think will ever benefit from a land sale.

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Apr 1, 14 6:44 PM
Started playing Feb 24. Last night hit level 60.

Starting out, did nothing but click for 8-10 hours a day. (Thank you PTBT and others for the Dark Manor 101 guide). Bought the ??? Attractions as soon as I could. More clicking. Bought Walkers. More clicking. Bought other Attractions. More clicking. Learned that having five Attractions on the same time cycle would cause a Collect button to appear on the screen and consequently reduce clicking. Same for the Walkers. Started to earnestly get groups of a least five on the same cycle.

Notice that I wasn't leveling up and that some Attractions (for five) or walkers (for five) were only available at higher levels. Started adding neighbors. Accepted the neighbor goodies and played the neighbor blitzes. Send all gifts daily. Added many more neighbors. Time consuming but worked very well. One sometimes two levels a day.

Bought more Attractions, more Walkers, more Attractions, more ... Started doing other things not related to DM.

At level 59 maxed all Attractions. Have most of the Walkers. First time I didn't complete all the neighbor blitzes (now over 250). Today, accepted all the neighbor goodies - no blitzes. Tired. Time to rethink my strategy(?) ...

Currently on chapter 9, waiting to open Gator Wrasslin'. Bought Showtime in Chapter 11 a couple days ago during the sale. Only premium I bought and the highest that I could afford. Thank you to participants in the 'Vote for Favorite Premium HO Scenes Above Level 6' discussion, it was well worth the price.

558,725J 253G 13,720,689S 19Land 0$ spent.

deanery4
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by deanery4 on Apr 2, 14 12:21 AM
Greetings all,
I am mostly accumulating silver to buy my last 4 plots of land. I am at level 66 and have all scenes open now . Still missing a few of the most recent walkers, but they cost gold and I will hold out for a sale to buy them. I have over 2,500,000 juju, so I hope that will be enough to open a few more scenes when they come. I keep my ??? machines on daytime mode collecting silver. I mostly play The Poles Vault because it pays more. Enjoy visiting neighbours and playing blitz modes especially with all the new scenes available, to help level up quicker, but my game seems to crash more when I go visiting.

[Post New]by 45045Kamehameha on Apr 2, 14 3:34 PM
Funny how no one mentioned hanging out in the Forum as a way to pass the time, but we all seem to be here.

I'm here a little more lately. Looking forward to the fixes so we can get back to hoping for new content.

I do have land I can open, but I like having a bit of urban forest at the Manor.

Besides, I just seem to fill it up anyway. This way I have some plots reserved for new barrios.

[Post New]by nightingale63 on Apr 4, 14 1:21 AM
Construction hint: If you can provide a roundabout a short distance past your machines, your walkers can double back and trip the switch on those that weren't quite ready the first time. Really increases your machine production.

Go to: