bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

League of Mermaids: Pearl Saga

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 2, 14 12:29 AM
From the creators of the award-winning Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep and Legends of Atlantis: Exodus comes the next big underwater Match-3 game! Join the League of Mermaids on their epic quest to save their endangered mermaid homeland from destruction! League of Mermaids combines Match-3 gameplay with realistic physics to create a uniquely fun experience.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:League of Mermaids: Pearl Saga

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 2, 14 9:22 AM
Question to BFG: Could it be that this game now is just the normal PC version of the game "League of Mermaids", which BFG offered as Free to Play version in July 2013?

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/23957/league-of-mermaids/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true

I thought at first, it was nr 3 in the series ("Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep" being the first). But the game description of today's "new" game "League of Mermaids: Pearl Saga" is exactly the same as the one that the Developer uses for "League of Mermaids" (released July 2013).

If so, a hint would have been a good idea, IMO.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Apr 2, 14 11:02 AM
I bought this game last August, and have played some of those levels dozens of times, so I immediately recognized the screenshots for "Pearl Saga". I downloaded the demo to be sure; and it is indeed exactly the same game. "Pearl Saga" doesn't appear when you run this game, and all the achievements I had in my "other" game popped up in this one. Too bad, I would have JUMPED on a #3 game in this series.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 2, 14 11:11 AM
Thanks, alvertis!
I'm glad that this demo didn't ruin your progress in your previously bought game!

So, it seems that the soft release isn't necessarily a new game any more, or, that BFG counts their F2P versions and a "normal" version as totally different versions, like... uhm, CE and SE.
LOL, 'funny' thought.

Edited on 04/02/2014 at 11:12:14 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 3, 14 11:47 AM

THANK YOU FELLOW FISHIES; I THOUGHT that I'd PREVIOUSLY played this game!!

At first, I was going bonkers -- telling myself I KNOW that I've played this game before but could NOT remember the name of the game and KNEW that I'd not bought it before because 2x I checked my Purchase History and STILL thinking that I'd played this game before.

This is the 2nd game (can't remember the other 1 now but had purchased it 2-3 years ago on another gamesite which has now taken ALL my PURCHASED games back WITHOUT refund because I no longer visit their site) that has offered as a NEW GAME when in fact, these 2 games are not.

What's up with that ?

MEnr56

Edited on 04/03/2014 at 11:47:55 AM PST

[Post New]by mbaunvigj on Apr 3, 14 11:58 PM
It is the same game - it even had my scores from the dupplicate game saved under one of the players, that I could choose from. The only difference is that the name is now longer and that in the first version of this game there are more chapters - so in fact the free version of this game is better with more levels. Hope no one ends up using their credits on this, when it is there for free as well

trixie7533
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by trixie7533 on Apr 7, 14 12:38 PM
yes thanx people for letting us know this is a previous game. When I first joined BFG there used to be quite a few match 3 on here but now we are very lucky if we get one or two and some of those are ones that have been done before. I know there are lots of match3 (preferrably untimed ones) out there so why can't we get them on here please?

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Apr 8, 14 8:19 AM
I hadn't played or seen this game before and I did enjoy it. It seems like a good replayable game. I'm generally not a match3 fan, I can get stuck somewhere and can't finish a level. Add in I prefer untimed versions so I have the time to plan my strategy. However, IMO, this game was WAY too short and I'm glad I got it on sale. (I may go look for the free one) Having said all that, I thought it was fun, the colors great, can't say much about the music as I never listen to music in games, and it kept my brain busy, always a plus, lol.

I've been buying games from BFG since 2008 and I stayed with them as they had the best games. the most games, and the best variety games. They also had unbeatable customer service and I almost always got my money's worth. I'm sorry to hear they are resorting to this sort of "rerouting". We SHOULD be told!

maxforme
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by maxforme on May 1, 14 1:07 AM
I had a sense deja vu particularly as the scores are exactly the same as in League of Mermaids. This was a bit of a surprise to see this. There is a choice of player like there is in Atlantis.
I am disappointed that it is the same game as I have been playing for free for a long time. I do feel a bit ripped off. The only difference I can see is the extra players but you could always wipe the scores and start again.

[Post New]by mwilson65 on Jun 4, 14 1:55 PM
Has anyone gotten a reply from BF that it is the same game? Was sure hoping another sequel. I love the other ones!

[Post New]by downclub on Jul 7, 14 7:01 AM
2014 Ultimated Free Hacks

http://ultimatedhacks.com

Go to: